We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post
    They can be converted. Tested on BR4.
    Thank You for this clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by JERH View Post
    At least 8 to 10+ existing legacies across classes have changed. Most for the worse. Some replaced numeric buffs with % buffs. Those are only the ones obvious to me. I did not do any exhaustive search.

You will be able to convert all LIs (including bridles) that you have in the LI UI panel when the final live patch happens (or when I copied over chars to BR). After the patch if you add a new "old LI" to an empty spot in the panel it will not have an convert button at least from late this morning before the appraisal crash bug. Thus, you should do the prep to have all the LI resources that you need on the LI UI panel before patch day. I find that one maxed (or even close) imbued LI + a bridle or a garbage unimbued LI from 60-70 is close to enough to remake one (mostly) teal LI. Since you have 6 default slots (and a few of my chars have 7) you should have plenty of room to carry a few unimbued garbage LIs leveled to 60 using IXP runes over the patch interval. If you do a small amount of work you will have a large amount of mats.

Just my 2 cents. Not a big deal, just some planning and execution.
    Ok, thanks for explaining this. I just misunderstood what you meant by "only LIs currently equipped." So you get however many are currently in your panel and then can't convert anymore. That sounds fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Raninia View Post
    Bridles will function the same way as other old LIs, so generally speaking no. We're aware this is gonna cause some issues for players who get to Rohan, and we're planning to address it post-30.3. Probably post-31, frankly, since that's just around the corner.
    Thank you for your reply on this. As others have said, the fact that no new bridles will be able to be created for over a month or so is quite a significant omission and suggests that bridles were entirely forgotten about until raised by players recently in forum posts/Cord’s streams.

I totally get that bridles aren’t as significant for most people as other LIs, but to leave the system fundamentally broken upon release is far from ok.

I would suggest that you go with one of the following:
    1) Bridles continue to function as old LIs, which can be identified/reforged as they were under the old system, with 30.3 rolling out with the other LI changes
    2) Bridles are fully updated to the new system before 30.3
    3) 30.3 is delayed until this gap in the LI update has been addressed

Waiting for Gundabad until bridles can be addressed seems like the worst of all options.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Who tf cares about bridles seriously there's way too much fuss about them

I heard there will be some use for the LI xp heritage runes after the update like some sort of reward system you can trade them for, so can we still buy them from skirm camp and other vendors after that? Or should I be spending all my marks on the xp runes now

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    I'm trying to set up my characters as best I can, especially ones that are in Rohan or heading there in the future, and shutting off the old LI system completely is looking like it's going to be a problem. One of my characters is level 80 and has a level 71 bridle. I was hoping I could collect a few bridles at various levels and save them in her vault, pre-identified, so that she could equip them as she leveled. Otherwise, she'll be stuck with her unfinished level 71 bridle for the rest of her time in Rohan, which puts her at a disadvantage. I also have a nice crafted relic I was planning on giving her when she got higher level, but now that's looking like it will go to waste too, with no word that that will be able to be converted either.

All characters under level 75 are in a particularly problematic situation, since they will be forced to go through Rohan with no bridle at all! Mounted combat is hard enough as is, and now it's only going to get harder and more frustrating. I'm concerned that bridles will never be converted.

I am also wondering about characters who do have bridles...are they all going to become disabled as soon as I equip a new LI? Am I going to have to switch weapons back to old ones every time I want to ride through a mounted combat area? Will I be in trouble if I accidentally end up in combat and get knocked off my horse and then am blocked from equipping my better new LIs in order to fight on foot? I'm feeling very frustrated that there seems to have been little thought put into how characters in levels 75-100 will be affected when there is mounted combat on the landscape.
    I haven't read the rest of the thread, but I also want to know what will happen to war steeds. In the years I've been playing the "common wisdom" has changed from "play the steed type that suits your class (heavy for heavy armor...etc) to always use light steed, it's always best overall, to always use medium steed because the damage shield is the only skill that is useful anymore. I used to love using heavy steed and flinging things into the air, but the joy of that was short lived. War steed has fallen into a pathetic state. It's like, from years of hanging on to the one thing (the awkward movement mainly, but also the bridle LI didn't "grow with you" like it should), it led to other decisions that slowly strangled the idea to death. Is this the end of it? I hope not.

Bridles will function the same way as other old LIs, so generally speaking no. We're aware this is gonna cause some issues for players who get to Rohan, and we're planning to address it post-30.3. Probably post-31, frankly, since that's just around the corner.
    This is the second time that a major change in LI's has happened. But when Imbuement came, it was a choice a player activated. And nothing got broken "down below" because it was a choice you could only make if you were using a level 100 weapon. You could nerf yourself if you weren't careful, but that was the only danger. Your alts could rescue you by giving you their XP runes. It was fairly foolproof though scary at first.

Why not offer level 130 or 140 weapons and bridles with the new system... and going forward... instead? Surely that option was discarded for a reason?

Temporarily making "In Need of Cheering Up" impossible to do, not to mention a lot of other quite difficult Rohan quests doesn't seem like a great idea. Maybe it wasn't actually part of the decision making process because bridles are easily forgotten nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirewhistle View Post
    .... Maybe it wasn't actually part of the decision making process because bridles are easily forgotten nowadays.
    I suspect a lot of the decision making is based on level cap and going forward, and considerablely less thought is put into the implications for lower levels.

Will you still be able to deconstruct your old LIs (the actual LIs themselves) after the update to get back their components and relics?

You could have exlude bridles from frozen. Let bridles reforge continue but don't allow bridles to be used for conversion for now to prevent people farming new stuff with bridles. That way everyone would have been happy.
    Then lock bridles and allow conversion when bridle issue is resolved.

Ah, seeing as there's already a thread here, Imma ask the question I had here instead of make a new thread.

First off, I've read the explanation at https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...tems-explained
    So that covers most of what I wanted to know, but one really big question remains:

What can be done with any unspent items we have? (Scrolls, Crystals, Runes, Relics, etc.)

Should I scramble to consume as many such as I can before Wednesday? Or will they be able to be turned into... something compatible with the new system? Especially true for any promotional items (gotten from expansion bundles), that every character get, but are character-bound (including to alts yet to reach Moria).

Also, what does it mean for any LI-related wallet currencies (shards, khudzul tablets, and so on)?
    (I should probably change this to a real sig now, but I'm busy playing LotRO.)

SSG have suggested that we may be able to use these in a future update. I'm assuming that means some type of barter exchange. What items 'could' be bartered and for how much, has not been said. We also don't know when, other than NOT Wednesday. I plan to hang onto all that stuff for now. Just getting rid of the unidentified LIs I shall never use has already given me a major house-cleaning.
    "You can't fight the Enemy with his own Ring without turning into an Enemy" - J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter # 81

Quote Originally Posted by shino047 View Post
    Who tf cares about bridles seriously there's way too much fuss about them

I heard there will be some use for the LI xp heritage runes after the update like some sort of reward system you can trade them for, so can we still buy them from skirm camp and other vendors after that? Or should I be spending all my marks on the xp runes now
    My question exactly. My LI bridles are useless, always were. I never even thought about them.

HOWEVER, I've spent years accumulating heritage runes. I have a ridiculous amount of them...literally hundreds. Maybe thousands. My plan was to level up "vintage" LI's with them and deconstruct them (which will be moot now, that's fine), but more importantly level imbued LI's with them on my next character. What is the plan for that ???

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Occum View Post
    My question exactly. My LI bridles are useless, always were. I never even thought about them.

HOWEVER, I've spent years accumulating heritage runes. I have a ridiculous amount of them...literally hundreds. Maybe thousands. My plan was to level up "vintage" LI's with them and deconstruct them (which will be moot now, that's fine), but more importantly level imbued LI's with them on my next character. What is the plan for that ???

Thanks.
    I answered this question earlier in this exact thread, but I can add the original source of this information here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjCCyZty22I&t=2565s

Quote Originally Posted by Duke_Darkwood View Post
    ...but one really big question remains:

What can be done with any unspent items we have? (Scrolls, Crystals, Runes, Relics, etc.)....Also, what does it mean for any LI-related wallet currencies (shards, khudzul tablets, and so on)?
    That's a lot of questions, not one really big one . Which they've been strangely quiet about.

I don't think they know yet.

I think they're hoping for new players to come in and they're offering them a new LI system...otherwise why do it? Existing players they assume will stick around regardless. I hope they are right about new players but I am not optimistic. This game is living on its veterans, no Amazon show is going to change that.

As an existing player for a while, a complete revamp on LI's with no meaningful compensation for past progress on ILI's will shut me down. I have adapted to game changes for years, and I get that things change. Most changes have been good. But I've put too much into this ILI mechanic to continue empty-handed, or even short-changed, after the system is modified.
    Last edited by Occum; Oct 11 2021 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    I answered this question earlier in this exact thread, but I can add the original source of this information here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjCCyZty22I&t=2565s

OK then, thanks!

Keeping up is hard! Still kind of generic, but better than nothing. You are Great.

This is, sorry to say, a singularily stupid decision, from a gameplay as well as from a customer-relationship and economic perspective, for SSG.

How can it be that this stuff is so little thought-through before the act by your management?
    *** Nothing ***

Quests no longer give LI experience.
    Killing no longer gives LI experience.
    All my hard won crafting is worthless.
    LI levelling only comes from advancing levels and my team's not doing that.

Why bother playing? Done for the month. Feh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2