We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LI Guide for U30.3

The LI guide for the 30.3 Revamp

Aim: provide a full guide for lotroplayers (ranging from occasional to casual raider) about the LI revamp. Answer the most prudent questions such as What is, where do i, how do i and why doesn't this work? Will there be niches i didn't cover? Probably. Overall guide to everything U30.3 Li revamp.

Updated for 30.3.1 Added Farming strats and confirmed droprates portion.
    FaQCurrencies
    New LI’s explainedReplacing your (current)
    LIAppraisal (updated)
    Where to find more? (extended)
    Farming traceries and ancient script (added)
    Last edited by squirle; Oct 21 2021 at 02:20 AM.

Might have jumped the gun as we aren't at the Live Version of such yet

It is a rather nice guide. Including where you would obtain such items is a common question people are asking. You could specify that Titles are now going to be Heraldic in one of the tables even though you do spell it out in a lot of other parts of the guide. There's also a few hidden things not mentioned like how the standard Heraldic traceries are currently Beleriand weapon-type by default. Then there are already a bunch of new changes with the latest build - like how the "Convert" button has been aptly renamed. There is no telling what they will do after the fifth preview has ended and before it hits live.

Still, I found a lot of details that I did not know beforehand like the number of ancient scripts you would get after disenchanting a tracery or the number of runes you will get per level on the legendary items. I'll definitely be referring to this in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvain View Post
    Might have jumped the gun as we aren't at the Live Version of such yet
    It will be a moving target in any case. Expect lots of changes after it goes live, as problems crop up, exploits discovered etc.

Level on LIs?

Thanks for the guide, it answered a lot of questions. One thing I'm not clear on: are there still levels and do they matter? Meaning, if the weapon is going to "level" along with my character, can I take my first First Age weapon in the Mines of Moria and level it through endgame? Or should I try to stockpile ancient script and traceries til I hit the cap and get a "final" max-level LI?

Thanks!

Traceries

Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to ask: is there a guide of the traceries online somewhere, so I can pre-plan? As a fairly casual player, I won't be earning enough script and stuff to play around and waste much. If I could look at the options and figure out how I want to build out my LIs, that would be super helpful.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VGN-LarryMac View Post
    Thanks for the guide, it answered a lot of questions. One thing I'm not clear on: are there still levels and do they matter? Meaning, if the weapon is going to "level" along with my character, can I take my first First Age weapon in the Mines of Moria and level it through endgame? Or should I try to stockpile ancient script and traceries til I hit the cap and get a "final" max-level LI?

Thanks!
    You need to reforge every once in a while to get the dps up. You can't stockpile until cap since traceries and enhancement runes are level bound and are to be replaced eventually. Ancient scripts are capped currency. So you will have to get new traceries and the runes for these at cap (121-140 is the last range right now, 131-150 will be the next as I understand it).

Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

Updated for 30.3.1 and other additions see top post.