We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Serious Lags Belegaer and other servers?

There are serverwide with a lot of independet reactions of players on belegaer serious lags. No movbement possible for about 2min, chat is almost not possible, quests are frozen
    Last edited by Arantha; Oct 13 2021 at 08:46 AM.
    --------------------
    Founder of the kinship "Beschützer des Lichtes" Server Belegaer Beschützer des Lichtes
    Founder of the german newspaper for Lotro and Tolkien Funkenflug

Belgaer eingefroren.

Guten Abend ,
    Seit ein paar Tagen geht das nun schon so. Das der Server einfriert. So das man sich nur im Kreis drehen kann.
    Mit etwas Geduld reagiert der Server wieder. Ist nur nervig wenn das pro Tag 5 bis 8 mal passiert.
    Ich wünsche allen eine tolle Zeit in HDRO

Would be great if it happend five times a day -- there were more than five 3-minute-long freezes in the last two hours alone.

almost every hour once 5min off time, does not understand that. And everybody has the same lag
    --------------------
    Founder of the kinship "Beschützer des Lichtes" Server Belegaer Beschützer des Lichtes

Every hour some minutes no reaction from the game nor chat is really driving people crazy on belegaer. Are there these troubles also on other servers?
    --------------------

I am sorry to bet, that LOTRO is old enough to run on my Microwave. Thanks for the test, but if i am warm up some food, the other Players have to wait for my meal to enjoy again the Game on Middle Earth.

So can we migrate it back on a common Server?

I unplug the Plug, to the clean the Microwave - it will be ready around 6pm :-) (has to dry).

There are big lags today, for sure in belegaer. I played 10min ago for half an hour and the game is frozen three times. Not only for me, also for the mobs and a lot of other players saying in chat, who works most fine, that they are also frozen like this.
    Support says, Kaspersky is the problem. I really don't think so!
    --------------------

The instance Server for Belegaer are also affected.

We did AD (Amdan Dammul) T3 yesterday and have to do the 2nd Boss Ránulur, Chieftain of Wargs trice.

It bugged in the 2nd Phase, in that one Ranulur and the Wargs are active.
    Once with only 100 Mio Left.
    The Raidgroup was motivated, so we killed him in the 3 Round.

Once the Warg set back and was Green standing at the phase starting point.

The Counter works forward, so we had one time 4 Wargs, so the Time continues in the Raid.

We do not talk about little Lags (also anoying), we have breaks between 1-3 Minutes (not seconds!!!).

DDoS attacks on lotro as reason? (german)
    https://funkenflug.ag/ddos-angriffe-auf-lotro/
    --------------------

Can confirm the lags are extremely annoying and they occur often. They take 2-3 mins on average where everything is basically frozen except chat which sometimes continues to work.
    No i ahië ya meril cenë Ambaressë ~
    Be the change you wish to see in the world

[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDcnEhASd9U ]

Yesterday evening it was really often, 3 times an hour, sometimes more than 3minutes
    --------------------

I had also serious lags yesterday. Freezes of 2-3 minutes every half a hour! Please fix that!

13. Oct 19 2021, 09:25 AM

Maybe a problem with resource allocation and bandwidth or a bug i guess.

When Belegaer

Title!

Miscellaneous

We've made a server configuration change for Arkenstone and Landroval that aims to address a possible issue with game performance. We'd appreciate any feedback you wish to provide following this change.

Has the fixes worked for those two servers?
    When Belegaer?

Is there any blue name in here?

Lags still occour on Belegaer every hour randomly for 2-5mins.
    Nothing moves only turning is available.
    Chats are available but direct messages don't come through.

Wir haben uns als Sippe entschlossen keine Einkäufe mehr im Lotro-Shop oder Market mehr zu tätigen bis das SERVER-Problem vom Anbieter gelöst wird. Ohne Spielfluss keine Kohle, so einfach ist da...irgendwann werden sie dann schon aufwachen.
    Macht es uns nach damit der Druck auf die Verantwortlichen erhöht wird..

Grüsse Vish

Quote Originally Posted by Vishna View Post
    Wir haben uns als Sippe entschlossen keine Einkäufe mehr im Lotro-Shop oder Market mehr zu tätigen bis das SERVER-Problem vom Anbieter gelöst wird. Ohne Spielfluss keine Kohle, so einfach ist da...irgendwann werden sie dann schon aufwachen.
    Macht es uns nach damit der Druck auf die Verantwortlichen erhöht wird..

Grüsse Vish
    Kannst Du mir priavt Eure Sippe benennen, vertraulich?
    --------------------

Hier ein Leitartkel und Kommentar vom Funkenflug
    https://funkenflug.ag/belegaer-ist-defekt/
    --------------------

The restart of the server doesn't seem to have had any effects on the lag.

Still frozen

Quote Originally Posted by Fanchen View Post
    I can confirm that. The game was still frozen for about 3 minutes several times after the restart...

personally it's worse, lost also all chats, all channels and have to log out twice, till I was out. There has to wait a minute till I could get comlpletly out.
    People are furious.
    --------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Mephizto89 View Post
    Title!

Miscellaneous

We've made a server configuration change for Arkenstone and Landroval that aims to address a possible issue with game performance. We'd appreciate any feedback you wish to provide following this change.

Has the fixes worked for those two servers?
    When Belegaer?

Is there any blue name in here?

Lags still occour on Belegaer every hour randomly for 2-5mins.
    Nothing moves only turning is available.
    Chats are available but direct messages don't come through.
    The initial feedback is not very extensive but the few posts that have been made appear to indicate an improvement, which is great to read. If it works out we'll likely bring this change to Belegaer and the other game worlds as well.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Trainer of the Rabbits
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The initial feedback is not very extensive but the few posts that have been made appear to indicate an improvement, which is great to read. If it works out we'll likely bring this change to Belegaer and the other game worlds as well.
    Would be great!

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...d-the-freezing

I don't know how you take all posts in a thread saying no improvement then can link one of them and say feedback suggests an improvement. Now if it was particular discords of keen fans of SSG along with the same moderators I can imagine a different take on matters. With communications so heavily skewed in and out how can any of us expect any tangible improvements.

Can we not have input and output from tech and game savvy people instead of always listening to this element that has SSG under their thrall? I get the need to want to show doing the job paid for but less harm is done to the game when on vacation and we have knowledgeable peeps step up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanchen View Post
    I wrote that a short time after the server went up again. Since then, while there were some lags, they all pretty much felt like the usual hick-ups, and I haven't heard or seen more reports of minute-long lag since. I believe this can be considered fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    I don't know how you take all posts in a thread saying no improvement then can link one of them and say feedback suggests an improvement.
    The improvement Cordovan mentioned was about the situation on Arkenstone and Landroval, where the server configuration was changed to address some of the more "usual" lag, as I understand it. It had nothing to do with the Belegaer problem.
    Last edited by Fanchen; Oct 23 2021 at 02:48 AM.

Cordovan answered the question of the Funkenflug in yesterdays stream, better Severlin aswell. They found a defect hardware (VM) and could replace it. So far no big lag reports I've heard. It assumes that the situation is very stable and lag issue are fixed.
    Thanks a lot to the tech team and to the answer in yesterdays stream.

https://funkenflug.ag/fehlerhafte-hardware-gefunden/
    --------------------

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast