We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Opinions/Noticed Bugs/etc. on the New LIs

So far the conversion rates on my low lvl alts have been good so far with leftovers even.

Haven't tried them yet on the 130s though, and not sure on the dps or effectivity on the new traceries. The UI is ok ish, could use improvement though, but so far liking the new system. Simple enough, and since its the same one all through out won't have the confusion of switching between 2 old and confusing systems.

Thoughts so far though? And dps results or effectivity for those who have tested?

The UI needs more MC buttons, I can still somewhat read other things.

I'm doing something wrong.... I appraised my LI's, bought new LI's in Rivendell, bought a Tracery, but I get a message that I have no items to use it on. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Trying to reforge the new LI's but the button remains greyed out.
    Estellost, loving husband of the wonderful Shinarra

My runekeeper cannot get his last old satchel dismantled, because the relic master does not display it, even with 'show bound items' active. Result: the old item remains equipped, hence there is no way to equip the new items.

In other words, currently my rune keeper is naked. I've decided to refrain from any more experiments until Aramal on Belegaer is fixed.

Edit: finally i could remove it from the slot. Maybe it was the relog.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Last edited by Polymachos; Oct 13 2021 at 01:17 PM.
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Elderslade under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has

Quote Originally Posted by Dworin View Post
    I'm doing something wrong.... I appraised my LI's, bought new LI's in Rivendell, bought a Tracery, but I get a message that I have no items to use it on. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Trying to reforge the new LI's but the button remains greyed out.
    I just entered BR once, so no expert here, but I believe you have to drag your new LI to the essence socket slot in the Character panel. That way, you can enter the new LI interface and do things like applying a Tracery.

Quote Originally Posted by Polymachos View Post
    My runekeeper cannot get his last old satchel dismantled, because the relic master does not display it, even with 'show bound items' active. Result: the old item remains equipped, hence there is no way to equip the new items.

In other words, currently my rune keeper is naked. I've decided to refrain from any more experiments until Aramal on Belegaer is fixed.

Greetings, Polymachos
    There's no more deconstructing allowed, so I thought you could just equip and unequip old or new LIs as needed? It won't let you equip a new LI with an old one already in your character panel, so you may have to unequip everything first.

Quote Originally Posted by Polymachos View Post

Greetings, Polymachos
    The only reason I can think of for not being able to decon an LI (weapon or class item) is if it is one of the original LIs. Anyway, you don't need to decon them to unequip them, just drag them from your equipped items panel (character display) to your inventory. You can actually keep your old LIs and use them, you just can not equip an old LI and a new LI at the same time. So, you can unequip your new LIs, re-equip your old LIs and compare how they are performing - it's actually kind of handy this way.

I have managed to buy one, add a tracery to it, reforge it...but I cannot *equip* it. It states "Cannot use with effect: Traceries Barred". Is there something else I need to do with this item in order to use it?

ETA: AH! It wasn't letting me put the bow on when I had an old Imbued sword on too. That would have been a nice thing to add to the "How To" LotRO page.

Very happy the appraisal is non-destructive though!

Enhancements are literally pay to win. you can buy with MC to 499 whereas actual runes only go to 449.

SSG this is not what better monetisation looks like

Quote Originally Posted by Nubja View Post
    Enhancements are literally pay to win. you can buy with MC to 499 whereas actual runes only go to 449.

I saw this on BR and was sure this was beta error. Now im afraid it isnt. This cant be right? Imagine you could only use in-game crystals up to a certain point and had to go to the store for the last tiers......

My guess is that this relates to the character level, so that the 499 level can be reached when we hit the new upcoming level cap.

I mean, the same argument can be said for them doing it for riding, and the virtues and etc. At this point the community tolerated it for years so I'm not sure why some ppl are surprised.

Also for the traceries: You have to drag the new LI to the essence slot in the char panel, then drag the tracery to the slot. Double clicking it won't do anything; and also u have to unequip ur old LIs first before it lets u put on the new ones!!

Is there a guide for this that's suppose to show up in-game? I'm seeing alot of confusion on WC, ik they posted a guide before, but it seems not everyone read that so I think getting an in-game one would really help.

Also how's the dps on 130s? Any classes impacted by the changes?

Stated before, 450+ is coming with Gundabad. If you can currently increase your iLvls that high, please let me know, that's a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Raninia View Post
    Stated before, 450+ is coming with Gundabad. If you can currently increase your iLvls that high, please let me know, that's a bug.

Thanks, looking into it now!

I looked forever to see where/how to get the items for nes LIs. Nothing in game explains that you have to open your LI panel and really look to find the APPRAISE button which after clicking gives you the items. Maybe the reforger could display a text after use like,

Welcome, if you like to appraise your LIs open the panel and choose the item...
    Good, you have the currency, let's barter and then reforge.
    Remember to unequip your old LIs to be able to equip these new items.

Check out the library for your traceries.
    words of can/ can't be used twice
    words of give bonusses when used more often

If you want to slot traceries and/or enhance then pull the item to the "flame" slot and then drag in.

Or something similar. It is very frustrating to try and error on this.

My 109 LM misses a slot on the book.

So, let's say you do manage to fix the bug, and no more players can upgrade to 499... what happens with all the people who already made theirs and have Gundabad level weapons? They get to keep them?

Well, not like it matters anyway.. 1 month before, 1 month after...
    Last edited by Laurelinarien; Oct 13 2021 at 02:22 PM.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    So yeah spent 118 mithril coins and it upgraded my Heraldy tracery to 499, and got this on my hunter bow:

The jump in stats is quite significant. I then came here and found out it might be a bug!

I am not going to do any more because hey, I am not made of money and/or mithril coins, but if that is supposed to be a bug..... what's next? I certainly hope my 118 mithril coins weren't a waste if it gets "fixed"!
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Linking the new LIs in chat doesn't work. It doesn't show all of the traceries.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    Well this is nice.....

I don't mind if you put the 499 stat "on hold" till Gundabad and use 449 for now and it automatically going to 499 upon Gundabad release, but I do mind not getting back the 118 mithril coins I just spent....

So yeah, let us know what will happen in this case, and whether I should file a ticket for the mithril coins? How will this work?
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

You forgot to put fire-type damage like legacy for class traceries for RK. There's only lightinign one. (Im talking about traceries of mastery, word of craft is irrelevant).

There are only 9 legacies for fire RK, 10 for heal and lightning each.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    Well this is nice.....

I don't mind if you put the 499 stat "on hold" till Gundabad and use 449 for now and it automatically going to 499 upon Gundabad release, but I do mind not getting back the 118 mithril coins I just spent....

So yeah, let us know what will happen in this case, and whether I should file a ticket for the mithril coins? How will this work?
    We're working to deploy a temp fix that'll prevent players from being able to increase their Traceries beyond the iLvl of their weapon when using Mithril Coins; so at 130, your weapon will be iLvl 449, which is what your tracery should be able to level to.

After that, we'll be working on a fix that'll revert players' Traceries that're iLvl 450 and higher, and refund them their Mithril Coins. The specifics of that are tbd, we haven't gotten that far yet. But our goal and intent is that this'll be fixed for everyone before Gundabad releases.

I found the sparse new LI UI combined with the fact that words of power/mastery can be slotted only once quite cumbersome. Especially for people who didn't read up on the new system beforehand it is easy to make mistakes here: some more in-game guidance would be welcome.

So far only set up my hunter with level 440 traceries. Nearly all primary and offensive stats went up -physical mastery and finesse by 50+%- and dps jumped around 50% as well. I haven't played enough to be sure, but this looks rathe OP at first sight.

I was only able to lvl my traceries to 440, are MC’s the only way to take the traceries to 449?
    Shadowhaven, lvl 140 Hunter, Rank 13
    Kittypurry, Warg, Rank 8
    Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Accomp View Post
    I was only able to lvl my traceries to 440, are MC’s the only way to take the traceries to 449?
    You can get legendary enhancement traceries from certain high level content, that will take you to 449 from 440. (or you can spend 2 mithril per level)

Unhappy Item drops need reviewing

My guard got an Ascendent Flame tracery to drop on a raid. That Tactical Mastery bonus will really come in handy.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast