We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New Minstrel LIs

Which traceries did you choose and what line are you running?

I'm running as a (relatively new 130) Blue Line mini. For most traceries just replicating the legacies as per LotroHQ blue line mini recommendations. However, not sure about best Word of Power traceries. Single Target Healing, Single Target Healing Criticals, and perhaps Skill Induction Speed? Anyone using Area of Effect Healing or Heal over Time?

Quote Originally Posted by Chizbo View Post
    I'm running as a (relatively new 130) Blue Line mini. For most traceries just replicating the legacies as per LotroHQ blue line mini recommendations. However, not sure about best Word of Power traceries. Single Target Healing, Single Target Healing Criticals, and perhaps Skill Induction Speed? Anyone using Area of Effect Healing or Heal over Time?
    I don't play blue, but I would say Induction speed or Crit. I am no expert though.

Still using old ILIs until I figure it all out.

Annoying bug is a new Error Message when swapping in Anthem Buffing ILI, just telling me I can no longer advance old ILIs. All I'm doing is clicking an ILI on the shortcut bar out of combat. The swap goes ahead but I get a beep. Only buffing 3 Anthems myself so don't know if this breaks 4 Anthem buffers or you have to go to the new books already.

Quote Originally Posted by Chizbo View Post
    You get 5 WoP slots.

All the end game minis have picked the same ones - Both AoE ones, Both ST ones and last spot is induction one.
    Was doing Gold raid farms last night, and was keeping up in blue around 260K HPS over 5/6 + minutes without spamming skills. Only reason anyone died was because we'd pull the whole instance lmao
    Ex Gilrain, - World First Watcher V1, - Server First Draigoch, - Server only ToO T2C None Burg stack on level.
    Currently Evernight, Prime, - Shelob Wider, - World/Server First or Second for: Abyss, Anvil, Remmo, AD, FoKD, HoA.
    Worlds Only Abyss T2 6 Manned - Minstrel.
    +Celestrata - 'Surprise, it's not a glitch! :D'
    +Celestrata tells you 'You are by far the best mini I've seen out of any server, Congrats on world first!'

Quote Originally Posted by Thorebane View Post
    You get 5 WoP slots.

All the end game minis have picked the same ones - Both AoE ones, Both ST ones and last spot is induction one.
    Was doing Gold raid farms last night, and was keeping up in blue around 260K HPS over 5/6 + minutes without spamming skills. Only reason anyone died was because we'd pull the whole instance lmao
    Thank you so much for this! Do you have any specific recommendations for red line, too? I have LIs for both.

Just now looking at mine and being very cautious. I have two weapon LIs (dps & healing) and one book that I will (theoretically) be replacing. The book is mostly for healing stuff, but I keep it slotted when running DPS, because after all, I have to heal myself! The book also has a Light Damage (%) legacy that seems to have no analogue in the "new & improved" LIs. I use light damage a LOT in solo, and I fear I will miss this legacy/tracery. However, the limited time I had to test in Beta, I think its possible that legacy/tracery won't be needed. They do seem to have boosted stats quite a bit, but I could be wrong.

All that said, I am currently looking at replacing my DPS LI, and these are the traceries I've zeroed in on, copying from my existing LI, basically:

• Healing Skills Induction Time & Critical Chance (and I will repeat this one on my Healing LI weapon)
    • Minor Ballad (I use this and Perfect Ballad the most, and I would slot Perfect if I had another slot!)
    • Call to Fate Critical Multiplier
    • Call of Orome and Earendil
    • Piercing Cry
    • Call of the Second Age Damage

I have made no decisions yet on heritage, power, or craft thus far. Really, I am only taking pictures of what I think might work, before I commit myself to anything. I am annoyed that the "light related" Word of Craft has only outgoing healing, it should have light damage, dang it!

For Blue/Healing line, I am annoyed that the % Healing & Motivations Skills legacy does not have an analogue tracery.
    Linden Starfall, Leader of Mithril Crowns of Elendilmir and Arkenstone

I was thinking of trying to maintain 3 new LIs and set them up like this:

DPS Book for Red Line - Minor Ballad, Piercing Cry, Call of the SA, Call to Fate, Call of Orome +1 (possibly Still as Death) with AOE Crit, AOE Damage, AOE Targets
    Heal Book for Blue Line - Bolster, Inspire, Rally the Spirit, SoS, Triumphant Cooldown, Call to Ioreth with Single Target Heal, Single Target Heal Crit +1 (Heal Range or AOE Heal Crit)
    Multi-purpose Sword for Both - Anthem Duration, Anthem of War, Anthem of Composure, Heal Skills Induction, Rally Cooldown, Cry of the Chorus, with Induction Speed and Morale

Makes sense or am I missing something obvious?

Crissaegrim is offline Defender of the Hornburg
    Guardian of Lothlórien
    Quote Originally Posted by Jula View Post

Makes sense or am I missing something obvious?
    I'd suggest two LI Swords and two LI Songbooks.

Your five Words of Power slots (2 on weapon, 3 on songbook) for DPS might be Single Target Damage, Single Target Crit, AoE Damage, AoE Crit and Ranged Attack Extension.

Your five Words of Power slots for Healing might be Single Target Heal, Single Target Heal Crit, AoE Heal, AoE Heal Crit and Skill Induction Speed.

How does this work, are you picking specific skills or general things to buff?
    As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back because it wasn't BoA. He kept the pony.

You get 5 WoP slots.

For the Moors (PvP) I suggest:

-Same as above, but drop the 15% AoE heal increase for the Range +10m. So, both Singular Target, AoE crit chance, Heal Range, and -10% induction. Healing in the Moors is chaos, +10m range in all directions is god tier when you're slowed/rooted and have people needing healing everywhere around you.
    Arkenstone (formerly Landroval):
    Lizaveta, r14 Minstrel.

Eviliz Unseen, r11 Warg. Lizifer, r11 Defiler.