We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How do I buy previous expansions?

Hi there,

Player returning from a 10 year absence here. I've started my characters on Shadowfax, and I'm ready now to get into Moria content... but I can't figure out how to buy the expansion?

Do I need to buy the expansion somewhere, or will the quest pack do? I mean I'd rather buy the complete thing if I can.

Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Audiva View Post
    Hi there,

Player returning from a 10 year absence here. I've started my characters on Shadowfax, and I'm ready now to get into Moria content... but I can't figure out how to buy the expansion?

Do I need to buy the expansion somewhere, or will the quest pack do? I mean I'd rather buy the complete thing if I can.

Quest Packs will award you literally only the quests and nothing else.

Expansions will award you everything related to that area, and again, can all be purchased through the LOTRO store, with the exception of the newest one available for pre-order; Fate of Gundabad.

I'm ready now to get into Moria content... but I can't figure out how to buy the expansion?

Marketing nightmare time:

OK, right now til the end of Nov there's a 99 point sale on for all the expansions from Moria to and including Mordor. Now in the normal course of things expansion in the in game store come in a couple of varieties; quest pack only (which is just like it says) and full expansion which includes the quests, instances and any raids.

BUT some only have 1 version, while others have both and etc... etc.... it's gets confusing.

RIGHT NOW if you go to the sales area or even the expansion area you should see those expansions I mentioned for 99 points. With the exception of Rohan and Isengard, all the others are the FULL version of the expansions; so Moria, Mirkwood, Helm's Deep and Mordor are full versions with everything included.

Rohan and Isengard are just the quest pack versions, but the Instance cluster for both of those is also on sale for 99 points. So if you buy both the expansion AND the instance cluster you'd have all the content for that expansion.

NOTE: Of course if you want to pay real money you can go shopping in the Online Marketplace. Only the newer expansions are there, but you'd pick up versions with cosmetics etc... included.

You might even be able to find the Mines of Moria on Amazon cheap. The old boxed CD version included the Warden and Rune Keeper classes and 30 days VIP. The codes in are still good last I checked (I went that route) so be sure to get a new, unwrapped US (not codemasters) version if you decide to buy one.

If you weren't aware, all quest packs (not expansions) are currently free if you enter LOTROQUESTS2021 in the coupon field of the online store. Do that now and you'll get everything up to level 130 as it unlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    If you weren't aware, all quest packs (not expansions) are currently free if you enter LOTROQUESTS2021 in the coupon field of the online store. Do that now and you'll get everything up to level 130 as it unlocks.
    Everything except content from expansions. So you still need expansions (or "expansion quest packs") to have expansion quests and "everything up to level 130".

I know it's a bit off topic, but is there any chance to get for example the Mordor Ultimate Fan Bundle - Bonus Items somehow? Would be cool, also I know more confusing for newcomers.

Quote Originally Posted by Soerii View Post
    I know it's a bit off topic, but is there any chance to get for example the Mordor Ultimate Fan Bundle - Bonus Items somehow? Would be cool, also I know more confusing for newcomers.
    Nope. Those "bundles" are specifically intended to get people to spend more real money and to pre-order. I'm pretty sure there has been official confirmation that those items are only sold pre-release.

Hi there,

I also think all these add ons are not well summarized.

Basically, there should be a collection box and then you put the add ons together.

The latest add on is always separate and is then moved to this selection box when another add on is added.

Then you would have an overview and could easily put together all the missing extensions yourself.

Currently it's just terribly messed up and hardly understandable.
    The best way seems to me to just buy massive points and then over the store and the points to acquire all the add ons that you are missing. Unfortunately, this principle is terribly expensive for old content.
    Therefore, such a listing in a box of all the add ons with reasonable pricing is also important and then you look for the all suitable together.

Would also be important to me. Especially as a new player, you are totally confused and do not know the sequence of add ons and can understand it only with difficulty.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)