We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Crafted LI Recipes

With the new system, we can't craft new LIs, and so the recipes are useless. So, what is the plan for the crafted LI recipes?

I've invested a significant amount of in-game gold to obtain most of the recipes (I've crafted a number of items for simply the cost of any special ingredients and shards), and it's unthinkable that my investment will simply evaporate.
    Jewahe

In Addition to the Recipes

Just me maybe, but I have been thinking of the expenditures, Time and Treasure, made to support the "old" system and wondered if this was spending Gone with the Wind?
    There are several and we all can think of some, but what about the purchases of additional slots in the obsolete Equipped Legendary Item box, mine has all 10?
    or Relic Removal Scrolls? Empowerment Scrolls? Scroll of Delvings? I tried the flame on these and zippo.

I am not sure how I acquired all of these but they are not much good now. I have 3 accounts and a bunch of old stuff. I'll have to keep plugging away.

Frisco is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Probably best to think of these like anything else in-game that was once useful and is no longer. We spend weeks or months equipping our characters with gear, and then it's obsolete at the next cap increase.

Nothing in an MMO is going to be useful in perpetuity.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by jewahe View Post
    With the new system, we can't craft new LIs, and so the recipes are useless. So, what is the plan for the crafted LI recipes?

I've invested a significant amount of in-game gold to obtain most of the recipes (I've crafted a number of items for simply the cost of any special ingredients and shards), and it's unthinkable that my investment will simply evaporate.
    Dear Raninia, you wrote in another thread

"I think the biggest disconnect I see around this is player perception that they should always be levelling with the best gear that's available. If you want to, that's fine, but the game isn't tuned around that for landscape, and we're not tuning the landscape around you have fully maxed, level-appropriate traceries on your LI, and we have no plans to do so. It frankly wouldn't make much sense for us to do that. But! If that's how you want to run around landscape, yeah, that's gonna take a lot of time investment for you to do so. If you choose to deliberately make things harder for yourself, then yeah, they're gonna be harder."

I have to second that topic from OP as it is essential to immersive players, players who like to craft and players who like to optimize on level.

Besides it was an absolutely unnecessary change to deactivate the old LIs from the guild-vendor and the needed resources from skirmish camp. You can still buy guild levels and normal recipes in store?

So what feels really bad from a customer and players point of view is to turn all the invested time into nothing.
    I did exactly what you described when i wanted to because having for example a highly levelled First Age while levelling from 59 onwards was fun to me and a replacement for feeling like i achieved my own end-content without raiding or doing group content.

I am only talking about the possibility to craft the available cosmetics or buy them or somehow solo-friendly collect them.

If in the near future a better cosmetical feature and more and better cosmetics are introduced i am fine with waiting. It still feels as taking away something i earned and enjoy.

Cheers

PS: I meant all the Skins for Legendary Items from any source of course, so not only the guild vendors
    Last edited by mundwicht; Nov 04 2021 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Probably best to think of these like anything else in-game that was once useful and is no longer. We spend weeks or months equipping our characters with gear, and then it's obsolete at the next cap increase.

Nothing in an MMO is going to be useful in perpetuity.
    Sorry, but no, you are absolutely wrong.
    That is a design choice and i hate this since 2005 Wow and even before since Diablo.

Getting and earning new interesting and motivating stuff yes,
    fixing bugs, balance, improve, yes,
    but not destroying invested time just to start over.

I leveled crafting up to guild mastery on a full suite of alts spending hundreds in hard to come by gold for my level, only to have it all vanish. This investment was made on the premise of future rewards in game cash and legendary item increases from the shards I would be generating. The devs say they'll "look at crafting" next year , maybe. For me renewing my sub has gone to "next lifetime, maybe". A couple hundred hours thrown away is just not ok in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenarra View Post
    I leveled crafting up to guild mastery on a full suite of alts spending hundreds in hard to come by gold for my level, only to have it all vanish. This investment was made on the premise of future rewards in game cash and legendary item increases from the shards I would be generating. The devs say they'll "look at crafting" next year , maybe. For me renewing my sub has gone to "next lifetime, maybe". A couple hundred hours thrown away is just not ok in my book.
    Sorry but you're saying you made assumption based on greed and it went wrong, so what. There's no guarantee crafting will make you money, especially with LIs, consumables maybe as there is a constant demand.
    Plus there's no need for maxing out guild to make LIs so that doesn't hold water either.

Craftable LIs were a one time thing, for your personal benefit when you hit lvl 100. That was it.

BTW I've got maxed out crafter's in all profressions & guilds and LIs is not the problem with crafting.
    Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy)

Quote Originally Posted by mundwicht View Post
    Sorry, but no, you are absolutely wrong.
    That is a design choice and i hate this since 2005 Wow and even before since Diablo.

Getting and earning new interesting and motivating stuff yes,
    fixing bugs, balance, improve, yes,
    but not destroying invested time just to start over.
    You may hate it or not but its how it works in many mmorpgs, especially with level cap increase. At some point things you spent time and gold on may become obsolete.