We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

More help needed,but now with LI weapon

Hail and well met, folks.

First off, thank you for helping me with my other question, I was able to get that sorted out.

So, I boosted my Champion to 130... don't worry, I don't group with him, so he'll never be a danger to you, or be the cause of a wipe... that's why I chose him to boost.

Anyway, when I opened the first LI box, since all of the weapons have the exact same stats, but different effects; - armor, or +parry, etc... I chose axe for its - armor.

Then I opened the second box, and being a DW kinda guy, (I don't like to use 2H on my Champion no matter what DPS parcers may or may not say), I chose another axe.

The problem is that I can't equip it in the off hand, even though there's nothing that says that it's main hand only. UGH!!

Can I just not equip two of the same weapons? Should I have picked a sword, mace, etc instead?

Virtually everything on the web is outdated, but it seems that maybe, other than the Hunter, classes can only equip one LI weapon?

That's stupid for DW classes like Champion, Burglar, and Beorning.

And, if true, why give me two boxes of weapons?

Is there anything I can do? Am I completely hosed on that now?

If so, I'm actually considering rolling a new Champion and using my second free boost box on him and doing what folks here advise.

Hopefully though there's a better solution, lol.

Thank you for your time and help.
    Yours in Friendship, Brotherhood, and Honor,
    Turaldur, Wandering Captain & NoOb Extraordinaire

Champion can't equip an LI as an off-hand weapon. All characters can only have one LI weapon and one LI class item equipped. For Champion this is a weapon (either one-handed or two-handed) and a rune. You will need to find a "normal" weapon for your off-hand if you wish to dual wield.

Hunters, and Wardens, do indeed get two weapons as their class items are a main hand weapon and a javelin respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Champion can't equip an LI as an off-hand weapon. All characters can only have one LI weapon and one LI class item equipped. For Champion this is a weapon (either one-handed or two-handed) and a rune. You will need to find a "normal" weapon for your off-hand if you wish to dual wield.

Hunters, and Wardens, do indeed get two weapons as their class items are a main hand weapon and a javelin respectively.
    Thank you.

So, I don't necessarily recall seeing a rune available, since I only scrolled down to the axe, not knowing that I couldn't equip it as a second weapon, but I'm going to assume there was, and that I screwed up by not picking that?

I read, though it may be outdated info, that I can go to some guy in Rivendell and buy an LI, in this case my rune... so I might not be screwed... is this true?

Shame to lose out on the free LI rune, but I can live with that.

Yes, they introduced a new LI system. Old style LIs can be appraised and you receive items that let you barter for new style LIs in the Last Homely House in Rivendell. However, if you've boosted a character to 130 that didn't have any of the old LIs then I don't think you really have a way to get one as you need Ancient Scripts. I'm assuming that the Valar box you opened gave you new style LIs. Will depend on when you did it, I guess, but I'm assuming it was after the change on 13th October. Unless the Valar box gave you Ancient Scripts, of course. In which case you can go and get a Rune in Rivendell (up the ramp on the left as you come in there's a room on that floor where you can barter for one).

For more info on the new system see here - https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...tems-explained

And for a more detailed explanation see - https://easilyamused.notion.site/New...82d75d39d40062
    Last edited by Altair6; Oct 22 2021 at 09:50 AM.

In case you don't have any ancient scripts (left off appraisals by other alts), you can farm them by doing a low-level instance (I tried School level 50) and decon tracery drops. Then you can barter for a rune in Rivendell and reforge it to your level.

I've never seen that valar box so I don't know if you got a weapon (or class item) complete with traceries or just barter stuff. But it would be a pity to delete a valared champ, I think.

Thank you both.

The box actually came with Ancient Scripts... off the top of my head though I don't recall how many exactly.

But, having them, I should be able to buy an LI Rune, (assuming that I have enough, or go farm what I need)?

Quote Originally Posted by LadySelene View Post
    In case you don't have any ancient scripts (left off appraisals by other alts), you can farm them by doing a low-level instance (I tried School level 50) and decon tracery drops. Then you can barter for a rune in Rivendell and reforge it to your level.

I've never seen that valar box so I don't know if you got a weapon (or class item) complete with traceries or just barter stuff. But it would be a pity to delete a valared champ, I think.
    Yeah, I really don't want to delete him, and it sounds like I have options.

The box came with a boatload of the various traceries, and a whole bunch of things, of which I'm totally clueless... hence why I boosted a "just for me" class, lol.

A new LI is bartered with ~200 scripts, it's 2 school runs. And if you try 121 School, you'll get a free random teal tracery for your level from the end boss (and probably your class - I mean it gives either class-specific or generic traceries, like +3 AoE targets). If you can solo that, it might save you some scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by LadySelene View Post
    A new LI is bartered with ~200 scripts, it's 2 school runs. And if you try 121 School, you'll get a free random teal tracery for your level from the end boss (and probably your class - I mean it gives either class-specific or generic traceries, like +3 AoE targets). If you can solo that, it might save you some scripts.
    Thank you very much, both of you.

When I log in tonight I'll see what I've got and go from there.

I'm extremely relieved to know that I have options... even if those options are more work than simply selecting the right item in the first place, lol.

At least I'll know if/when I want to use the second free boost on another character... either Hunter, RK, or Warden as those are my other "just for me, don't group with them," classes.

Valars don't come with the knowledge to play a class or the game. Using them without such is a suckers move.

But props for not unleashing it on others. However the late game is riddled with the infection already.

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    Valars don't come with the knowledge to play a class or the game. Using them without such is a suckers move.

But props for not unleashing it on others. However the late game is riddled with the infection already.
    It came free, I wouldn't buy one, but figured WTH, why not.

I've used free boosts on other games as well, because in a sense I "paid" for it by buying the expansion... but I never, ever use(d) them on classes with which I like to group... not fair to inflict my class ignorance on others/group.

I actually agree with you 100%, but no one, other than myself, lol, will be negatively impacted by my decision to use them on those particular classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinwen View Post
    It came free, I wouldn't buy one, but figured WTH, why not.

I've used free boosts on other games as well, because in a sense I "paid" for it by buying the expansion... but I never, ever use(d) them on classes with which I like to group... not fair to inflict my class ignorance on others/group.

I actually agree with you 100%, but no one, other than myself, lol, will be negatively impacted by my decision to use them on those particular classes.
    I too have gotten "free", but not really just part of a package valar 95 and valar 105. I used both on the same character at level 94 and level 104 discarded all but the Virtue Tokens that sit in my vault now. Have two of the same class at cap already.

Other games may have the boosts designed by people who actually play the game, that's not proven here yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    ... Other games may have the boosts designed by people who actually play the game, that's not proven here yet.
    BWAHAHAHA... pretty much true in most MMOs IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinwen View Post
    BWAHAHAHA... pretty much true in most MMOs IMHO.
    Being realistic has you at a huge advantage over others.

Good luck with it.