We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post
    Honestly this post summarizes what the LOTRO community has become nowadays. Seeing the comments in this post like 5 years ago was totally impossible, or at least, almost non existent. The community was once one of the best communities in MMOs, very helpful and polite. Just see now, it seems nowadays only SSG fanboys remain, because you can't complain about anything anymore. Not only in forums, also in worldchat. People mocking and ridiculizing people who complain about bad system designed by SSG. It makes me really sad. Just commenting in this post because it's amazing the answers I see here, but I've seen this kind of behavior at least since mid-130 cap...

I support you OP, it's another push to the store. Imo, things as basic as riding skill or gold cap removal should be free. Or if gold cap removal is not free, it would be better if f2p accounts have cap of 250g and premium a cap of 500g. Having a cap of 5g is useless, you can't even buy a deluxe house. And 2g of cap is even more ridicoulus since at high levels you can basically pay this for repairing your gear...
    And how do you expect them to keep running the game, without publicity, without some push to the store? That's not a bad system. The new LI is a bad system for now that I hope they fix soon, but imposing very few limits to a F2P game is not.
    If you look around at other MMO, the limits are way more strict than this one...
    And saying that is not really being a fanboy, I've just returned to LOTRO after a 3 years break.

I think the main thing is that the OP wants to keep their gold cap at 5g for personal reasons, not because they can't afford raising it via points or money. Like a psychological thing, or to make the game more challenging by playing without buying anything in-game with gold. The problem is that this is an uncommon POV, so the devs aren't going to put it as a priority and lower the cost of LI reforging to <15g. They probably just thought of a number and went with it.

To the OP, I'd suggest perhaps writing a ticket with your concerns and see what they say. Maybe they will grant you a reforge (at least one) for free or less than 15g? It's a long shot, but worth a try. Or send Cordovan a PM.
    Gwinthilnel: Elleth Hunter lvl 140~~~Hadniel: Woman Minstrel lvl 115~~~Gwynduilas: High Elleth Captain lvl 62 ~~~Gwindethen: Elleth Runekeeper lvl 28
    Kin: The Cliff Divers
    Evernight

Yet the original question remains. Is this by design or is this considered a bug and will be fixed soon?

Option

No, I don't think it is a bug. You could always lift the gold cap and then give away all money over 5 g until you needed a reforge. Then save up to 15 gold (or what ever is appropriate) and then do the reforge. Then go back to giving away all gold over 5 until next time you need a reforge. This allows you to play the closest to what you have been playing and still get reforges. It would even add a certain RP feel to it to have to gain the funds to reforge your LIs. I cannot conceive that the Devs will make any kind of compromise on this matter to meet the requirements of people who are FTP........or Subscribers either for that matter.

Good Luck,

Hastran

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2