We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[ATTN: Cordovan] Infused Gem Drop Rates

So, over on Reddit and other places I keep pointing out the Dolvenview instances as a place new characters can get traceries for their new LIs. But, a lot of posters have expressed a lot of difficulty getting said gems to gain entry to the Dolvenview and Echad Dunan instances. The drop rate seems, at first blush at least, to be much lower than they have been in the past. This is a barrier to players trying to build their LIs for the first time. Any chance we could get the loot tables for Moria looked at?
    Very nice. Very evil.

Given that the infused garnets have been removed as quest rewards for the quests A Long Echo and Riddles in the Library, and given other posts about their absence in other threads, I'm suspecting they've been removed completely. Which makes the Dolven View, etc. changes very odd indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Given that the infused garnets have been removed as quest rewards for the quests A Long Echo and Riddles in the Library, and given other posts about their absence in other threads, I'm suspecting they've been removed completely. Which makes the Dolven View, etc. changes very odd indeed.
    That would be insanity. Complete, unabashed, unadulterated insanity. If that's what they did, then this does need to be addressed ASAP. I know their focus is on Gundabad, but there's a bunch of new players coming into Moria for the first time thanks to the coupons. The situation with Bridles is bad enough. Leaving this as it is will only show those players how much they aren't valued here.
    Very nice. Very evil.

i still have many infused garnets and am still using them not sure if anymore will drop but still have the ones i had before

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLakes View Post
    i still have many infused garnets and am still using them not sure if anymore will drop but still have the ones i had before
    It's not really established players who have a bunch of these vaulted I'm really concerned for. I have a bunch myself or all three types. And if I ran out, I have plenty of other sources I can use, both for main and my alts. But for a new player, that has to be extremely frustrating. And I have to admit, I'm completely confused about what the intention is here. If they don't want infused gems to drop, then why still have them as a requirement for those instances? And if they don't want folks to use those instances, then why leave them in the game at all?
    Very nice. Very evil.

Well, instead of infused gems there's always mithril.

tbh ... I have them in my filter ... sorry :-(
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

It does look like these were erroneously removed, so we'll be looking to bring them back in the near future.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    It does look like these were erroneously removed, so we'll be looking to bring them back in the near future.
    Thank you.

Thank you, sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar.
    Very nice. Very evil.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    If anyone needs a few in the mean time, I have a stock of them on Arkenstone.....
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

"We yet again couldn't be bothered doing QA."

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    I'm going to guess that this is panic over exploitation. Since the Dolven View dailies are, well, dailies, someone got a panic attack over it and removed the gems.