We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exultation of battle overlap with fierce resolve?

I see 3 skills for morale taps from mobs: fierce resolve, exultation of battle, and resolution.
    Looks like they don't have to be built in order (like warcry, brink of victory, surety of death)?
    But do they overlap? For example once EoB is active, if I do FR, do I get benefit from both, or is EoB stopped by FR?
    Practically once the better version is available, do I still need the lower level ones?

Quote Originally Posted by ndc View Post
    I see 3 skills for morale taps from mobs: fierce resolve, exultation of battle, and resolution.
    Looks like they don't have to be built in order (like warcry, brink of victory, surety of death)?
    But do they overlap? For example once EoB is active, if I do FR, do I get benefit from both, or is EoB stopped by FR?
    Practically once the better version is available, do I still need the lower level ones?
    FR and EoB can stack, but FR is quite a bit weaker and therefore rarely if ever used.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD2 View Post
    FR and EoB can stack, but FR is quite a bit weaker and therefore rarely if ever used.
    Thanks for the info.
    I'm only level 45 now so don't yet have EoB. FR is indeed meh when I tried it.

They do stack, and if there are enough enemies the healing can be significant. With the AoE target-count tracery they affect up to 13 enemies. I don't have incoming/outgoing healing traceries, but here goes:

At level 130, hitting 13 enemies, FR/EoB bring in 76,791 every 4 seconds, and Resolution heals for 208,936 per hit. Not sure if critical hits heal more or just do extra damage- those are the base numbers at least as reported by the tooltips.

It's not perfect of course because with 13 enemies you're taking a lot of damage, but that's pretty good healing for a class that's not a healer. Obviously it's not a good technique for most situations but if you ever get swarmed by enemies it can keep you alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Halphast View Post
    They do stack, and if there are enough enemies the healing can be significant. With the AoE target-count tracery they affect up to 13 enemies. I don't have incoming/outgoing healing traceries, but here goes:

At level 130, hitting 13 enemies, FR/EoB bring in 76,791 every 4 seconds, and Resolution heals for 208,936 per hit. Not sure if critical hits heal more or just do extra damage- those are the base numbers at least as reported by the tooltips.

It's not perfect of course because with 13 enemies you're taking a lot of damage, but that's pretty good healing for a class that's not a healer. Obviously it's not a good technique for most situations but if you ever get swarmed by enemies it can keep you alive.
    Yep, for all those awesome boss fights with 13 enemies. ./s

Btw for OP, there isn’t a single gambit line that requires you to use gambits in a certain order. War cry, brink of victory, and surety of death can be used on their own. The text that tells you “using these gambits in order” or whatever it is, is horribly out of date and pretty much irrelevant. The class no longer works that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Halphast View Post
    ...FR/EoB bring in 76,791 every 4 seconds...
    Do you happen to know out of 76K how much coming from FR? I mean if it's only 10% maybe the masteries is better spent on some other gambits :P

Quote Originally Posted by gaara908776 View Post
    ...there isn’t a single gambit line that requires you to use gambits in a certain order...
    Thanks for the info. I tried in solo Trouble in Tuckborough when getting mobbed, doing 21 - 212 - 21212 in order took too much time and got killed When I did direct 21212 the result was much better.

The text that tells you “using these gambits in order” or whatever it is, is horribly out of date and pretty much irrelevant. The class no longer works that way.
    Yes and no. Bad advice tho...

Fist+Shield:

The evade is good. But it's less priority.

It's an increase of 33% of the evade bonus if you do, or 2% miss chance of desolation which might be good for trash mobs.

I'll explain all the block stuff, but this is weaker. You get a ton more partial block % stuff making ratings mitigation of blocks more valuable.

Shield+Fist:

The line says it gives mit and critical defence bonus to both outcomes, with conviction also having extra healing.

However... Looking at tool tips alone, neither Dance of War or Conviction gives additional bonuses for using the line - only conviction healing.

I tested this seriously. There is no bonus to critical defence or mitigations from the line.

Unless you want the extra conviction healing

Shield+Spear:
    • +4% inc healing (celebration of skill)
    • +33% block rating (celebration of skill)
    • +2.5% partial block (celebration of skill)
    • +25% healing (resoration)

The inc healing buff on it is silly huge in my opinion. I think with even

The restoration buff doesn't just give you an initial heal, it just buffs all it's heals by 25%, hot and innitial.

This is tested by the way. The final inc healing buff of celebration of skill is 9.5%. The partial block is 7.5%.

The rating increase of all the skills get block chances close to cap in all %s. Block chance, partial, and effectiveness. With surity of death, shield mastery, and shield builder % chance you can go over partial block. At extremes you could get 70% partial block chance.

Just doing the line will be a sizable increase to block, but follow it a little better is better.
    Level 140: Burg, Captain, Guard, Brawler, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Champ, Warden, Rune-Keeper, Beorning

Yep, for all those awesome boss fights with 13 enemies. ./s
    XD yeah usually not boss fights. Just pile on damage and try to make them die first.

Quote Originally Posted by ndc View Post
    Do you happen to know out of 76K how much coming from FR? I mean if it's only 10% maybe the masteries is better spent on some other gambits :P
    I'll have to check when the game is up again- I know it's less than half. As a Yellow, we have Seize the Moment so the masteries reset often enough. If I were using this technique for healing I'd probably do 31/23/22 (EoB); 3/12 (FR); 11 (potency); then Resolution / Bat.Mem. Resolution etc. Best case scenario the masteries have reset, 31/23. Worst case I have to spell it out with builders.