We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Antialiasing Broken after Win 11 update

As title states the Antialiasing is broken after updating to windows 11.

Back on 10 i had 8x in settings, after update to 11 if there is any selected if it be 2,4 or 8 the game just black screens.

Quick fix is to go in Preferences.ini and make sure to remove the value (this disables it in game)

Once in leave it disabled due to as soon as you even try applying it again the game will just black screen.

Seems like it might be an issue specific to your video card or driver.

I have Windows 11 with 8x anti-aliasing on, and have no problems.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

Strange, im using a RTX3080 and never had any issues in past.

Will try a driver re-install again but its getting mighty frustrating

Ok reinstall of GFX Drivers didnt work, same thing happened soon as i put any antialiasing on.

have found this error code though - <corestrings.dll not found. Tried to print stringID 205> [205]

any help be good

corestrings.dll should be in the root of you game folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintryth View Post
    As title states the Antialiasing is broken after updating to windows 11.

Back on 10 i had 8x in settings, after update to 11 if there is any selected if it be 2,4 or 8 the game just black screens.

Quick fix is to go in Preferences.ini and make sure to remove the value (this disables it in game)

Once in leave it disabled due to as soon as you even try applying it again the game will just black screen.
    I had the same problem after re-installing the game during their 15th anniversary event. It took a couple of days but here is what worked for me. Go into SETTINGS -> SYSTEM -> DISPLAY -> GRAPHICS -> FIND lotroclient64 -> SELECT: High performance -> *most important stop now* CHECK OFF: Don't Use Auto HDR. I then went into game and put everything on ultra high graphics, and even ultra wide monitor setttings 3440x1440 with 8x Anti Aliasing and finally no more black screen.

Quote Originally Posted by marzatplay View Post
    I had the same problem after re-installing the game during their 15th anniversary event. It took a couple of days but here is what worked for me. Go into SETTINGS -> SYSTEM -> DISPLAY -> GRAPHICS -> FIND lotroclient64 -> SELECT: High performance -> *most important stop now* CHECK OFF: Don't Use Auto HDR. I then went into game and put everything on ultra high graphics, and even ultra wide monitor setttings 3440x1440 with 8x Anti Aliasing and finally no more black screen.
    Thanks!