We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can't Even log in

So I just tried to log in and I get an error message that says "Failed to read authentication response [err: unexpected end of file][line: 1][col: 1]"

I logged in just fine yesterday so this was between yesterday afternoon and this morning.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

There is downtime right now for another 1.5hrs for a patch with bug fixes and new group instances.

Thalian the Champion from Gladden
    Thalian - Man Champ 140 | Piper - Hobbit Minstrel 140 | Arial - Woman Hunter 140 | Bolendi - Stout-Axe Brawler 140 | Saerothir - Elf RK 111
    Arrivo - Hobbit Hunter 106 | Lacronis - Man LM 96 | Clovisar - Man Captain 82 | Nardalia - High Elf RK 74 | Gummy - Hobbit Burglar 73

The game is currently down as per the announcement on both the forums and the launcher.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

"Everyone draws the moral line of what's acceptable just slightly below what they're actually doing."

"Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth. Ry'n ni yma o hyd."

=( Never mind

I work overnights and forgot today was thursday. My bad. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Elvenwolf72 View Post
    So I just tried to log in and I get an error message that says "Failed to read authentication response [err: unexpected end of file][line: 1][col: 1]"

I logged in just fine yesterday so this was between yesterday afternoon and this morning.

How do I fix this?

Thanks
    Wait till the game worlds are open. Wont be too long, hopefully

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...95#post8107595
    It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul

Quote Originally Posted by Elvenwolf72 View Post
    I work overnights and forgot today was thursday. My bad. =(
    Thanks everyone. Like I said I work overnights and simply forgot today was Thursday. I appreciate the reminders. =)

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    The downtime is expected to last till 14:00 EST.

(For those who are time-zone challenged, that is 11:00 AM PST, 19:00 GMT, 20:00 CET and 06:00 on Friday AEST)

They are doing maintenance in addition to patching, which is likely why it lasts a bit longer. Hopefully the maintenance will address some of the lag issues.....

Usually the patch server opens up about 15-30 minutes before the game servers launch, so yeah...... wait.

Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.