We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The pseudo Gundabad monster

Here are some pictures of the "weird" monster people talked about lately at Deep Beneath Gundabad:

They were 3 oversized cave claws that slept together and their sleeping positions made people think it was a giant and strange creature. You can see them in chapter 10.3 of the Durin epic quests. However, you need to travel to the end of the cave, which is very far from Durin.

I had been so excited to see the monster but it turned out they were just lazy cave claws. I had hoped to see the mother of the Watcher or some sort of new monster.
    Wose, Huorn, and Earth Kin are playable races; when will that day come true?
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-playable-race

Well it's a nice nod to other such giant cave claws we've seen in places

Frisco is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Is the lore that there were existing tunnels on the site of Moria/Gundabad made by giant cave claws, which were then expanded by the dwarves?

Sort of reminds me of the giant sloth cave systems they've found in South America.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Is the lore that there were existing tunnels on the site of Moria/Gundabad made by giant cave claws, which were then expanded by the dwarves?

Sort of reminds me of the giant sloth cave systems they've found in South America.
    For Khazad-Dum/Moria specifically there are tunnels, etc that existed but weren't made by Dwarves or the Balrog of Moria.

"Far, far below the deepest delving of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things. Even Sauron knows them not. They are older than he. Now I have walked there, but I will bring no report to darken the light of day."

- Gandalf the White

In this expansion, only the Urkrash and Crystal-encrusted Wargs are new monsters.
    Wose, Huorn, and Earth Kin are playable races; when will that day come true?
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-playable-race