We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Still confused about traceries and leveling, 130-131 for instance

When the new system came out, I thought I'd read that traceries would become disabled when you reached the next level, so that level 13 wouldn't work when you hit 131 and you'd have to immediately find level 14 ones. However, I just noticed that my level 13 (130) ones says they're good until level 140.

What's going on? Is it just that they keep working but level 14 replacements improve them, or is something happening when you hit the boundary?

When you were obtaining your traceries, did you not see the level range of 121 to 140? They stated that they were going to allow people to keep using their level 121 traceries through Gundabad as an exception to the rule. Even for typical traceries, they don't just automatically become disabled once you reach the next regional level range. That would mean you have exactly one level to get the advanced traceries from the instances at the height of the level range and use them before getting new ones.

You can consult the table on the Legendary Item Wiki to see how those level ranges, and tracery item level ranges, work: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Leg...ving_Traceries

They will be disabled once you pass the level cap.
    That was the next level cap when they appeared, and so it will be in the future. Level 131 traceries will remain functional until beyond the next level cap, level 151 I assume.

The level 131 traceries are more powerful than 130 ones, but that applies largely to secondary stats. The primary stat is determined by the rarity. The only exception I noticed are the heraldic traceries whose primary stat goes up as well when you level the slot they are sitting in.

Because most people who knew what was coming had plenty of leveled LIs to appraise, a lot of people have a full set of level 130 incomparable traceries on their new LIs. For those replacing with a level 131 rare tracery would be a (modest) downgrade on the primary stat.

Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post
    They will be disabled once you pass the level cap.
    That was the next level cap when they appeared, and so it will be in the future. Level 131 traceries will remain functional until beyond the next level cap, level 151 I assume.

The level 131 traceries are more powerful than 130 ones, but that applies largely to secondary stats. The primary stat is determined by the rarity. The only exception I noticed are the heraldic traceries whose primary stat goes up as well when you level the slot they are sitting in.

Because most people who knew what was coming had plenty of leveled LIs to appraise, a lot of people have a full set of level 130 incomparable traceries on their new LIs. For those replacing with a level 131 rare tracery would be a (modest) downgrade on the primary stat.
    I can understand saying we can't put more enhancement runes on a max'd 130, so it doesn't get better; but it's the "will remain functional until beyond" that is the problem. Why should they stop working just because the toon hit 61, 101, 131, etc?

Still, that confirms that I should use tortoise stones on my toons, to keep them at 130, until Gundabad comes to the store in the Spring -- if I want the traceries to keep working. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Froyo_K_Baggins View Post
    I can understand saying we can't put more enhancement runes on a max'd 130, so it doesn't get better; but it's the "will remain functional until beyond" that is the problem. Why should they stop working just because the toon hit 61, 101, 131, etc?

Still, that confirms that I should use tortoise stones on my toons, to keep them at 130, until Gundabad comes to the store in the Spring -- if I want the traceries to keep working. Thanks
    Morgul traceries will work until lvl140, at 141 they will become disabled, so even if it's not a problem now, it will be in the future so having tortoise is kind of a must unless you want to have a dps stick.
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neushiro, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgalia, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)
    Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh
    "One lag to lag them all and in the lagness lag them"

Quote Originally Posted by Froyo_K_Baggins View Post
    No need. Your tier 13 traceries will keep working up to level 140. Tier 14 traceries from Gundabad will work to 150. So at some point before the next level cap change, you'll want to move over to Gundabad traceries, but right now your LI will work all the way up to 140.