We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Come on SSG! How is this a Black Friday sale?

No item is on sale. What kind of discount is this? Why didn't the Valar go on sale?

SSG wants purchases made with cash, not lotro points. And yet they put lotro points on sale and want people to buy them.

Yes, BF sale in lotro store is meh.

Last year's deals were good. The Valar were also on sale. SSG is very stingy. It would be nice if it went on sale at least once a year. I've been waiting two weeks for the Valar to go on sale.

Discounts are so bad...

Like usual, don't raise your hope high in LOTRO or you will be disappointed.
    Wose, Huorn, and Earth Kin are playable races; when will that day come true?
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-playable-race

Quote Originally Posted by danquanngaytho View Post
    Like usual, don't raise your hope high in LOTRO or you will be disappointed.

Since last year's discounts were good, i was hopeful this time. But from now on i will not expect such things. It is not clear what they are doing.

If SSG isn't putting big products like Valar on sale even on a day like this, then there's no point in getting hopeful after this.

If you take it exactly, LotRO has come to us this year quite accommodating (especially for newcomers) the LOTROQUESTS2021 code with as far as I know (All even current quest areas (Without expansions) The expansions to and with Mordor in the store for only 99LP. As far as I can also remember there were at the beginning of the year already double bonus points, then to the Spring Festival there were as far as I know also again double bonus points, to the Anniversary Event also again and now to Black Friday also again what was already 4x this year, so in my opinion already quite a lot. . and then we do not know what comes with the Yule Festival in the offers, if I remember correctly there were the Valars (75% off) only with the Yule Festival offered, if not again double bonus points ..., so just wait and hope, more we can not do.

Quote Originally Posted by BayanWarden View Post
    Last year's deals were good. The Valar were also on sale. SSG is very stingy. It would be nice if it went on sale at least once a year. I've been waiting two weeks for the Valar to go on sale.

Discounts are so bad...
    Valar 120s have been on sale this summer, I think 75%off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanganark View Post
    If you take it exactly, LotRO has come to us this year quite accommodating (especially for newcomers) the LOTROQUESTS2021 code with as far as I know (All even current quest areas (Without expansions) The expansions to and with Mordor in the store for only 99LP. As far as I can also remember there were at the beginning of the year already double bonus points, then to the Spring Festival there were as far as I know also again double bonus points, to the Anniversary Event also again and now to Black Friday also again what was already 4x this year, so in my opinion already quite a lot. . and then we do not know what comes with the Yule Festival in the offers, if I remember correctly there were the Valars (75% off) only with the Yule Festival offered, if not again double bonus points ..., so just wait and hope, more we can not do.
    The quest code included Azog which I hadn't bought. And this is still a very generous offer until the end of the month, including the 99LP sale for older xpacs. The sale for MM and 3 Peaks in the store right now offers 60-85% savings. But most players have all these already. I think the problem really is with what you see mentioned most. Carry-alls, only the large essence one was even offered this year and on a great sale for a week. That felt like one group of players was favored here. What with the others which are as some players state needed? They are not in the latest xpac offering either. They are not even full price in the store. My bags are filled with housing items on one character because I don't have enough for all of them in the carry-alls I already have. And I haven't seen MC on sale at all this year (might be mistaken on that).

I have 8k+ on LP, the bonus point sale is useless unless there is something in the store to spend them on. For me, there isn't. I refuse to spend on enhancement items and have most mounts, cosmetics, pets and housing items I want from there. Besides Gundabad I also have all content. I think more new items in the store, less on lucky wheels would be the way to go. RNG is my enemy and I don't think there is anything wrong with putting these items also in the store. I would buy several Thoroval but won't run the instance for RNG drops, I would buy several Christmas items, but won't buy extra RNG spins. And I most certainly won't buy keys for lucky RNG drops.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    I have 8k+ on LP, the bonus point sale is useless unless there is something in the store to spend them on. For me, there isn't.
    Same. I would happily buy things in the store that would make my character better but I'm not buying lottery tickets aka keys.
    As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back because it wasn't BoA. He kept the pony.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    The quest code included Azog which I hadn't bought. And this is still a very generous offer until the end of the month, including the 99LP sale for older xpacs. The sale for MM and 3 Peaks in the store right now offers 60-85% savings. But most players have all these already. I think the problem really is with what you see mentioned most. Carry-alls, only the large essence one was even offered this year and on a great sale for a week. That felt like one group of players was favored here. What with the others which are as some players state needed? They are not in the latest xpac offering either. They are not even full price in the store. My bags are filled with housing items on one character because I don't have enough for all of them in the carry-alls I already have. And I haven't seen MC on sale at all this year (might be mistaken on that).

I have 8k+ on LP, the bonus point sale is useless unless there is something in the store to spend them on. For me, there isn't. I refuse to spend on enhancement items and have most mounts, cosmetics, pets and housing items I want from there. Besides Gundabad I also have all content. I think more new items in the store, less on lucky wheels would be the way to go. RNG is my enemy and I don't think there is anything wrong with putting these items also in the store. I would buy several Thoroval but won't run the instance for RNG drops, I would buy several Christmas items, but won't buy extra RNG spins. And I most certainly won't buy keys for lucky RNG drops.
    Thank you for your better explanation, now I understand the whole situation too

Quote Originally Posted by BayanWarden View Post

Discounts are so bad...
    I wouldn't have expected Valars on sale, not with both the new 130 version and Gundabad just released. I'm guessing that the debacle with Ultimate Gundabad that led to them giving away a second130 Valar probably didn't help this either.