We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Pug T3 advise?

Pug T3 advise?

How do we deal with the constand stuns?

Is this instance just a "learn to kite".

We kept dying to power drain on the light things. Ended up kiting a little and got it done.

Then we died to mumak and kiting again worked.

We rage quit on wipe on bog berker... let me guess... kite?

Are we missing somthing? Just get good? Are debuffs advantageous? Can we stun anything? Should we just get an LM to Ez mode it?
    Level 140: Burg, Captain, Guard, Brawler, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Champ, Warden, Rune-Keeper, Beorning

I am curious aswell, after first few tries it looks like as-hell-annoying intance

Commander Liliam - the Warden
    Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post

We kept dying to power drain on the light things. Ended up kiting a little and got it done.

Are we missing somthing? Just get good? Are debuffs advantageous? Can we stun anything? Should we just get an LM to Ez mode it?
    Kiting can help but isn’t necessary if your group is attentive to burst damage and wound/disease/poison/fear removals. Group composition in Pughlak is pretty important until you become extremely familiar with all the dream mechanics.

For me, the most effective group compositions have been Guardian/Healer/DPS(preferably a DPS with an AoE stun) and Captain/LM/DPS. For the Guardian tank strat, your guard can trait extended Stun Immunity from turn the tables and shield wall the group members as needed to prevent deaths from burst damage. For the LM/Cappy tank strat, LM keeps stun immunity on the tank 100% of the time and the DPS heals off spirit pet/revealing mark. The cappy/LM strat is really reliant on having a DPS who can avoid damage from mechanics/pays attention to removals because the damage on wounds/poisons can be extremely high.

It’s definitely doable outside of these compositions and has been since day 1. I did T3 of both Dhurstrok and Pughlak the day they were launched on my 3 main characters with various group compositions and pretty horrific gear set ups.

However, until better gear is available, Pughlak will most likely be the “Get Good” instance as you put it. It’s pretty unforgiving unless you’re playing very well.

How do we deal with the constant stuns?

Are we missing something? Just get good? Are debuffs advantageous? Can we stun anything? Should we just get an LM to Ez mode it?
    There are obviously loads of different ways to approach this but probably the easiest approach is to kite, you'll limit the damage on the tank and reduce the overall amount of attacks.

Re the different dreams.

• Mumak and Frog - just kite and focus DPS one.
    • Bog lurker - Use CDs when you drop in as you'll have broken legs, again focus DPS one. Worth stacking up, once the tank is stunned, it'll go on to the next un-stunned person, so if you're all stunned, the damage should go to the tank.
    • Grim and Frog (Desert one) CC the Whirlwind in some way, stun, fear, mez. Focus DPS the Grim asap. Use the arena, there is a lot of room behind you when you spawn in.
    • Candles, just stand in the middle and DPS everything, pot, and remove effects asap.
    • Room with the tentacle - lots of spike damage, focus the adds, then the tentacle.
    • Farm with cows - Keep your back to something, you can be punted out of the dream and wipe, cows stun. Probably worth focusing on the cows than the bosses.

Re the stuns, not much you can do, unless you have a direct counter.
    Lob
    [EU] Evernight

Yes, pretty much.