We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bullroarer Update 31.1 - Beta #1 - CLOSED

Bullroarer is CLOSED
    Thank you all for your participation and feedback!

Server Opening Time: Wednesday, 12/01 2:30 PM EST
    Server Closing Time: Friday, 12/03 ~3:00 PM EST (Subject to Change)

Adkhât-zahhar, the Houses of Rest
    "Deep in the Pit of Stonejaws, a grand tomb holds the remains of the many ancient dwarf-lords of Gundabad. The necromancer Loknashra, now empowered with the spirit of Drugoth, has returned to raise an army and claim her vengeance upon all those who wronged her."

• This is a new, 6-man Instance in Gundabad.
    • Tiers 1-3 are open for testing
    • The Discovery deed has been bypassed for this beta.

Release Notes - Beta #1 (Apologies if any of these notes list issues that have gone live already):

Instances:
    • 6 Person Instance - Adkhat-zahhar, the Houses of Rest is available up to Tier 3.
    • Instance: Den of Pughlak - multiple fixes to Pughlak boss battle.
    • Decreased the damage of skills in Mozrúk's fight for "Assault on Dhúrstrok."
    • Slightly increased the damage of the bombing run hotspots in Mozrúk's fight.

Classes:
    • Burglar - Improved the odds of rarer drops being burgled.
    • Captain - Low level version of Motivating Speech will now properly affect raid sized groups.
    • Guardian - Break Ranks modified for performance, but functionally unchanged except that it now includes a visible effect to indicate its remaining cooldown.
    • Rune-keeper - Fixed tooltip for 'Mystifying Flame' trait.
    • Champion - Fury of Blades Damage tracery no longer incorrectly applies to Merciful Strike.

Crafting, Housing, Items:
    • The following housing decorations are now correctly classified as furniture, and can be placed in a furniture or yard housing hook: Purple Fungal Bush, Pink Fungal Bush, Dark Green Fungal Bush, Light Green Fungal Bush, Pink Fungal Grass, Light Green Fungal Grass. If you have already placed these items in a wall hook, you will need to remove them and place them in an appropriate furniture or yard hook.
    • Gundabad Rewards: Additional Cosmetic Rewards have been added to the following Gundabad barter vendors: Zhélruka Allegiance, Geode Hunter, and The Honoured and Celebrated Tiers of Reclaimers of the Mountain-hold.
    • Small and Large Yard Hooks have been consolidated into a single Yard Hook type.
    • Gundabad Crafted shields now crit and achieve the correct ilevel.
    • Renaming crafted light armour pieces that were using misleading item names.
    • The Brawler Pugilist gear set now properly requires minimum level 60 to use.
    • The following old LI items can now be deconstructed for Ancient Script: Title Bestowers, Crystals of Remembrance, Scrolls of Delving, Scrolls of Renewal, Scrolls of Empowerment, Legacy Replacement Scrolls
    • Fixed tooltip names for 'Ignore Pain' tracery.

PvMP:
    • PvMP Gear will now be unequipped after leaving the Ettenmoors.
    • Lugazag will now spawn the appropriate keep commanders when flipped.
    • Defiler Plague of Flies now restores power correctly instead of draining it from the defiler.

Quests & Adventure Areas:
    • Clovengap - Instance: Corruption's Source intro text will no longer be underlined and intro name will display properly.
    • Quest Guide updated for Legacy of Durin Chapter 10.2.
    • Geodes have been renamed to improve sorting in the Barter Wallet.
    • Quests: Additional Gundabad quest instances have been added to the Gundabad Reflecting Pool in Steepset.
    • Quests: Agátur has a new Gundabad endgame quest 'Reflections on Gundabad (Daily)'
    • Clovengap, Gundabad - Quest 'Corrupting the Deserters' will now grant the proper reputation and rewards.
    • "A Festive Flurry" quests now require 4 completions of the daily quest "In the Spirit of Yule" down from 5.
    • Quests: Searching For Treasures - It is now slightly easier to obtain Dwarf-made Treasures when searching chests and corpses in Gundabad.
    • Quests: Gundabad Missions: Mission chests now have a chance of dropping a Relic of Gundabad barter token.
    • Many z-fighting issues in Mattugard and Deepscrave have been resolved.
    • "Soft Physics" spots in Mattugard and Deepscrave have been resolved.
    • Physics and Deco issues in Gazat-fark have been resolved.
    • Opening the map panel while in Stoneheight will now show the Northdowns map
    • Gundabad - Clovengap - Quest "The Broken Benches of Danakh-Khej" - the discovery zone for the park has been expanded.
    • Mission: Servants of Throkhar - Uknad, She Who Feeds now resets if she falls into the pit.
    • Slow travel from Steepset to Fellgat no behaves as expected.
    • Stuckspots in High Sundergrot have been fixed.
    • Floating debris in Writhenset has been grounded.
    • The effects of Múta's "Tenacity of the Dwarves" buff have been decreased.
    • Fishing: Fishing is now available in the waters of Gundabad.
    • A stray dwarf deep beneath Gundabad has been removed.
    • Quests: Thyfli in Clovengap will no longer unintentionally fall through the floor.
    • Deeds: The Deeds of Gundabad deed will properly update now if you've completed the Deeds of Stonejaws deed.
    • Reduced morale regen rates for 131-140 by about 25% - they were somewhat inflated due to changes made to the base player vitality rates for Gundabad.
    • The door to the library in "Assault on Dhúrstrok" is now closed until you find Náin.
    • Reclaiming the Mountain-hold (Weekly) now awards Embers of Enchantment.
    • Challenges of Gundabad (Weekly) now awards Embers of Enchantment.
    • Brawlers should now properly be able to advance 'Instance: A Need for Words'
    • Gundabad, Clovengap - Quest "Clovengap Mist-walkers" - Nosni will no longer vanish on players who are working on "Matters of Hunt and Heart".
    • Removed all IA vendors from skirmish camps, as they no longer serve a useful function there.
    • Sage of Moria now offers a single chest that combines most of the non-IA rewards the three boxes previously did - there was already a lot of reward crossover between these boxes, so it made more sense to combine them after the relics were removed.

Misc:
    • Zhélruka Allegiance: The Zhélruka Allegiance rewards track now shows which levels unlock Allegiance Chapter quests.
    • Zhélruka Allegiance: The relic trade-up values have been adjusted so that it is easier to barter for Zhélruka Allegiance rewards.
    • High-Elf horse-riding animation now matches the other avatars.
    Last edited by Kehleyr_SSG; Dec 03 2021 at 03:02 PM.

Stat change ICMR / NCMR - going down at 450-, both item and trait/effect stats.
    No fix for inconsistent CritHit & Phys/Tact. Mastery ratings like in virtues (item stats).
    I hope that the new morale regen stats are consistent..
    Last edited by Giseldah; Dec 01 2021 at 03:38 PM.

Nothing about the Reward Track System or is that going to be done in a future Beta Preview for Update 31.1?

PvMP:
    • It was in Update 31.
    • Removing Vitality PvMP Essences temporarily to address balance concerns.

In Release Notes 31.0.3 on 2nd December it will release tomorrow
    • PvMP Gear will now be unequipped after leaving the Ettenmoors.
    • Lugazag will now spawn the appropriate keep commanders when flipped.

Actually Notes for 31.1 B1
    • Defiler Plague of Flies now restores power correctly instead of draining it from the defiler.

Please edit notes.

Healing is still way too low atleast on minstrel and bear that i tried.
    Feels more like 130lvl healing .
    I have caped Outgoing healing and 4% missing from crit cap and im barely healing as much as i did at 130.
    Heals could use something like a 30-40% boost

Quote Originally Posted by Harvain View Post
    Nothing about the Reward Track System or is that going to be done in a future Beta Preview for Update 31.1?
    Exactly, I'd like to start playing my LI equipped characters again. I know I could be doing that now, but I hate throwing quest rewards away.
    “And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Quote Originally Posted by Elflord410 View Post
    Exactly, I'd like to start playing my LI equipped characters again. I know I could be doing that now, but I hate throwing quest rewards away.

Everyone keeps asking for the reward track but why are we expecting that much from it? I'm expecting something crazy like one [insert random item, probably not something super useful, most likely cosmetics], for every 25,000,000 XP you trade in. With XP dropping like candy and people already having stored away 100s of the XP shards, they can't just open the floodgates.

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    Removed all IA vendors from skirmish camps, as they no longer serve a useful function there.
    What is "IA"?

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0striven View Post
    Everyone keeps asking for the reward track but why are we expecting that much from it? I'm expecting something crazy like one [insert random item, probably not something super useful, most likely cosmetics], for every 25,000,000 XP you trade in. With XP dropping like candy and people already having stored away 100s of the XP shards, they can't just open the floodgates.
    Except they gated the runes. So any heritage rune you received when you deconstructed a legendary item in the old system level 30 or above will only be able to be used level 130 or above. The Reward Track will be a way for lower levels to get legendary items by doing normal activities like turning in tasks or doing quests. This means that there will probably be less required the lower you are to get rewards. Without it, there aren't that many options for newer players just entering the system to gain traceries or Enhancement Runes.

People are already going to get a lot of things from the legendary item conversions. They can get a ton of things through the Reward Track too. They have already confirmed that casuals will be able to get gold traceries through this system. That's kind of a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    What is "IA"?
    Item Advancement -- i.e. Legendary Items.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 140 - Brandywine | Help sick kids. Support Extra Life 2022: https://www.extra-life.org/participant/belnavar [$1,094.53 raised of $1,000 goal]

I've thought about this and they absolutely should set the thresholds at something reasonable for new players and ignore the fact that existing players have stockpiles because:

(a) they want to engage new players with it first and incentivize them to continue playing,
    (b) existing players with stockpiles usually have alts that will help deplete them, and
    (c) nothing of value is lost by some players getting the rewards faster than others, whereas making them unattainable for those with real life playtime restrictions is demoralizing rather than incentivizing.

But this discussion is probably better saved for when the system is actually in the patch notes.

Sheesh, fix the Heritage Runes minimum levels to not above the levels we are getting drops in 60-65 level raids. And while your at it fix the over-enhanced traceries at lower levels. Simple stuff people.

The biggest thing is SSG actually telling us what it's supposed to be, how it works, what we can expect them to do with it and then to give feedback on it.

If it's a bad idea, it needs to be killed, NOW.

But tbh, I think we're just getting the Reward Track System regardless and they'll just try to "improve it" as much as possible so it's "acceptable".

Which is the biggest issue with how this is going when we were first hearing about this Battlepass System now called Reward Track System, SSG was saying if it didn't pan out where the LOTRO Demographic liked it, they'd go about things a different way.

Seems like another Turbine tendency has returned of "We the Developers know what we want and we'll just compromise with the Community to ensure it's in the game".

It's just a matter of how much they are going to compromise it seems, if it's even coming with Update 31.1 which we have no indication of and Update 31.1 will likely be out in 2 to 3 weeks.

Adkhât-zahhar, the Houses of Rest T3 Feedback:

Risen Dwarf-Lords:

General - Morale is way too low for those bosses, they need a significant bump as the encounter lasts less than a minute with 2 DPS classes.

BUG: The Dwarf-Lords get stuck behind the gate and can't move out because of the invisible wall - this bug was also happening in Fallen Kings instance for Minas Morgul release - please fix it.
    BUG: The door does not open after you kill the bosses so players cannot run back.

Loknashra:

General - currently does not have any mechanics other than auto-attacks. Also needs a significant bump in morale.

Wight of Vethug Wintermind:

General - Morale, and Damage of this boss are very low, both need a significant bump.

Mechanics:

Wing Flap - the damage needs to be scaled higher as it is very low right now.
    Frost Breath - the hit only does like 100,000 damage which is very low considering our high morale pools.
    Morgul Cleave - as it is a tank frontal it does very little damage.
    Dark Heart - the tooltip of the puddle is not scaled, it only does 22,000 common damage/tick.

Question

Any chance the Essence/Tracery Carryall will get fixed?

If you somehow cancelled the war of three peaks quest to unlock Gundabad dailies you cant reacquire it. Dailies are not available. Thought it would be fixed with the Agatur quest but it isnt
    Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by OldManMagic View Post
    Any chance the Essence/Tracery Carryall will get fixed?
    If you mean the cap of 100, I think this is by design, so people can't stock a lot of enhancement runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    If you mean the cap of 100, I think this is by design, so people can't stock a lot of enhancement runes.
    They stack in my bags 200+. I think the essence bag wasn't made for a stack of thousands, who has that many of 1 essence.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    Nope. In bags they stack 1000+, there is no limit on hoarding.
    They just opened the essence carry-alls for traceries and runes without thinking it through.

You know you have brawler class in game right ?
    Or you dont ? Give us block and some selheal.
    Also fix the entire pummel line / NO ONE USE IT/.
    What about 2 points cost per Rush ? Intended ? because races get ooc fro free, also is base abillity for all classes who have it.
    Like dont just sell a class and then forget about it ?
    Rihgh. Next patch (i guess )

[QUOTE=LordOfTheSquids;8110867]Bullroarer is OPEN

Server Opening Time: Wednesday, 12/01 2:30 PM EST
    Server Closing Time: Friday, 12/03 ~3:00 PM EST (Subject to Change)

[Since the "Reward Track" is apparently not included in .1 as promised, will you let us know the details, and the new planned release date?

Quote Originally Posted by Belnavar View Post
    Item Advancement -- i.e. Legendary Items.

-Bel
    Ah, I saw it as some backward AI being utilised. They shut down the Legendary Vendor in the skirmish camp weeks ago though.

Why was the high elf riding animation changed? I have quite some high elves and I really liked their different riding pose.
    "...In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought."
    Ian Malcolm

The following old LI items can now be deconstructed for Ancient Script: Title Bestowers, Crystals of Remembrance, Scrolls of Delving, Scrolls of Renewal, Scrolls of Empowerment, Legacy Replacement Scrolls
    Would someone mind sharing how many Ancient Scripts each of these give?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast