We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Talking The fastest 30 seconds in my life

Title

(i wish we can turn mission quests with the same speed)

Now seriously. Most of us did know that server will go down. We even stop playing getting prepared to recieve msg and sh@it. But guys, when you say 30 seconds. pls be sure is 30 seconds. Not "hey you have 30 seconds to log out, but we are in troll mod today and will kick your a$$ in less than a 3, because we can. Its kinda sad and offensive you know :P

Keep the good job
    Last edited by Pavlin; Dec 02 2021 at 08:17 AM.

The World will shut down in 9s. Please log out.

I have no idea how the downtime reminder messages aren't automated at this point. Another exceptional communication effort from SSG.
    Hurth, Warden
    Barst, Guardian
    Xiox, Reaver

Agreed fastest 30 seconds ever... Game is supposed to warn us when Servers are coming down, we got no world broadcasts and then "30 seconds until..."

Hadn't looked at forums this morning, wasn't thinking about server reset/patch day. Wife and I saw how few players were on Shadowfax, we said to ourselves as we were drinking our coffee "maybe a Customer Service Rep can look at our Help Ticket today since server population is so low"

Guess not. Cheers

Whoever was in charge of the world broadcast probably overslept or lost track of the time and hastily said 30 seconds but took the servers down within 10...
    Why can't the WB's be automated?
    I remember getting the memo a hour, 45, 30, 15, 10, 5 minutes before the worlds went down....

From the title of the thread I thought Mrs Tancanspanc had joined the forums...
    You wait.
    Time passes.
    Thorin sits down and starts singing about gold.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    Whoever was in charge of the world broadcast probably overslept or lost track of the time and hastily said 30 seconds but took the servers down within 10...
    I hope hes not in charge of meintenance too...
    Because we already late

Is anyone able to get on and play?

We ran into a technical issue where the GMs were typing in the broadcasts but they were not properly appearing this morning. We are looking into it.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Lets hope the Gold spammers have similar problems with chat this weekend. Their mums have them tucked in bed by the time I can play, relatively grief free at 2 am.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We ran into a technical issue where the GMs were typing in the broadcasts but they were not properly appearing this morning. We are looking into it.
    I think what people are suggesting in this thread is that there should be an automated process. For instance, you put a note in the launcher that the game goes down at 8:00am EST. So then you only have to put a note in the software, "go down at 8am" and then a message is broadcast at 7am, 7:30, 7:50, whenever, and then the game goes down at that time. This way you don't have to have people watching the clock and manually sending messages at a given time.
    As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back because it wasn't BoA. He kept the pony.