We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

GM needed on Landroval

Hi, the support ticket system isn't working, and there is a player in chat who is logging into alternate characters and spamming the chat with the most vulgar tasteless All Caps messages possible, and refusing to stop.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you. This problem was inevitable, given how long they've allowed the gold spammers to exploit and evade the /ignore function.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    Don't think they can do anything about it, gold spammers are still spamming away as well.... I would just filter out world chat for some time until this person calms down. Report him, ignore him (if it works) and hopefully he will get banned if there are enough reports....
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Be warned the individual is making characters with names very similar to other people online. Someone needs to stop this person.

While tickets aren't working right click name and report harassment at least appears to be working and if it is SSG should be heartily spammed with harassment reports by now. PG 13 rating and person is sending fetish tells to players, not just polluting world chat. Get it together SSG.

Can we get a response from SSG here?
    It really is pretty bad. We all know who it is that is doing this.

Drinks Coffee All Day
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinara View Post
    Can we get a response from SSG here?
    It really is pretty bad. We all know who it is that is doing this.
    So what I am gathering here is that someone that is a troll has figured out what the spammers are doing, and is using that same technology to grief other players? If so, good luck.... might as well turn off World Chat. SSG has been saying they are close to fixing that for a year or more now, and it just doesn't seem to happen..... with the latest news that they would have a possible fix in December.

The gold spammers have figured out a way to inject messages into the chat system without being logged on, and as such cannot be banned or ignored by the current chat system. If a troll has figured out how to do this as well, may Iluvatar have mercy on us all....
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

It's not just in World Chat.
    The person is making character names close to other player names (so we think it is from a legitimate and known player) and sending /tells so it doesn't show up in World Chat.
    The person that sends the /tell is then reported for harassment and put on the ignore list. Then a little while later, another /tell pops up with a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonde View Post
    While tickets aren't working right click name and report harassment at least appears to be working
    As a Landroval player, while the person's main account seems to have been banned, they're apparently rolling ftp accounts and sending /tells with the same stuff, because I'm getting these /tell's. Report harassment gives me an error every time. The name appropriately gets added to my ignore list but I still get an error when I click to report for harassment, every time.

SSG, please ban the phrase "elf toes" and like 80% of what this person spams will be removed by the chat filter. I know it seems like a crazy request but this person really likes saying elf toes. Or even just ban the word "toes" because nobody needs to talk about those and it would really help.
    As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back because it wasn't BoA. He kept the pony.

You have to send all tickets here now https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us Then wait 10 to 12 days for them to answer, good luck.

Drinks Coffee All Day
    Quote Originally Posted by Banaticus View Post
    SSG, please ban the phrase "elf toes" and like 80% of what this person spams will be removed by the chat filter. I know it seems like a crazy request but this person really likes saying elf toes. Or even just ban the word "toes" because nobody needs to talk about those and it would really help.
    He will just find something else to say. We can't just start banning all mundane words just because of one griefing player, the word filter is already bad enough. Besides: No word actually prevents you from using it in chat, it is just that banned word would be displayed as "#$%^&" type characters if you have your vulgar language filter turned on.

So instead of the troll saying: "he has elf toes"
    You would see it as: "he has elf #@#$%^"

Not sure if that helps.

If the player can be ignored (and isn't using the gold spammer exploit), that is probably the only thing you can do for now, knowing that right-click, ignore is a whole lot faster for you than it is for them to create another new toon and go through the intro to become "novice" and be allowed to chat.

Usually these kind of trolls give up after a few weeks if you stop giving them attention.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    So instead of the troll saying: "he has elf toes"
    You would see it as: "he has elf #@#$%^"
    I'd be ok with that.
    As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back because it wasn't BoA. He kept the pony.

So what I am gathering here is that someone that is a troll has figured out what the spammers are doing, and is using that same technology to grief other players? If so, good luck.... might as well turn off World Chat. SSG has been saying they are close to fixing that for a year or more now, and it just doesn't seem to happen..... with the latest news that they would have a possible fix in December.

The gold spammers have figured out a way to inject messages into the chat system without being logged on, and as such cannot be banned or ignored by the current chat system. If a troll has figured out how to do this as well, may Iluvatar have mercy on us all....
    Vanya isn't doing anything of the sort. He creates level 1 characters. Those new entries into the world can't post in world chat, but they can read it. It is then he send a private tell to those using world chat at the time. It is part of the function allowing newly created players to join kinships. At least that is the intent due to complaints players couldn't recruit their other accounts into their main's kinship. The key in this is the status of VIP, Premium, and F2P.

The reason the ignore function doesn't always work is because the game doesn't recognize a player who can't by design use world chat, or some of the other chat categories. A player can't use the ignore function or report a player the game doesn't recognize as existing. Vanya isn't exploiting or hacking the chat. It is working as intended. It is his intent and language that is the violation.

Cordovan and SSG now full well who Vanya is. Only two years ago he was doing live streams with the endorsement of SSG. Once players watched his streams it didn't take long to realize he is rather unstable. Thus his removal. The guy has serious mental issues. His detachment from reality is and can be a detriment to himself and others. Especially children who come into contact with him. The guy needs help. He won't get it playing in a universe where he has a very deep identity with a virtual Elf to the point he acts like he is an elf.

Vanya picked up on my chat in the world and sent me private tells of an usually odd nature. Crossing the border of vulgarity and even some loose description of deviance. My reply was "I didn't care". Yes I gave validation of his existence, but this only enraged him and shortly after flooded other players from world chat with obscenity on a character closely spelled to my own.

I don't place players on ignore, but on very rare occasions. It might be that every person has something worth saying, even if its just once in their life. Though admittedly, I know Vanya has nothing to say of value today. The tomorrow's of life could be different.

Quote Originally Posted by sapienze View Post
    Vanya isn't doing anything of the sort. He creates level 1 characters. Those new entries into the world can't post in world chat, but they can read it. It is then he send a private tell to those using world chat at the time. It is part of the function allowing newly created players to join kinships. At least that is the intent due to complaints players couldn't recruit their other accounts into their main's kinship. The key in this is the status of VIP, Premium, and F2P.

The reason the ignore function doesn't always work is because the game doesn't recognize a player who can't by design use world chat, or some of the other chat categories. A player can't use the ignore function or report a player the game doesn't recognize as existing. Vanya isn't exploiting or hacking the chat. It is working as intended. It is his intent and language that is the violation.

Cordovan and SSG now full well who Vanya is. Only two years ago he was doing live streams with the endorsement of SSG. Once players watched his streams it didn't take long to realize he is rather unstable. Thus his removal. The guy has serious mental issues. His detachment from reality is and can be a detriment to himself and others. Especially children who come into contact with him. The guy needs help. He won't get it playing in a universe where he has a very deep identity with a virtual Elf to the point he acts like he is an elf.

Vanya picked up on my chat in the world and sent me private tells of an usually odd nature. Crossing the border of vulgarity and even some loose description of deviance. My reply was "I didn't care". Yes I gave validation of his existence, but this only enraged him and shortly after flooded other players from world chat with obscenity on a character closely spelled to my own.

I don't place players on ignore, but on very rare occasions. It might be that every person has something worth saying, even if its just once in their life. Though admittedly, I know Vanya has nothing to say of value today. The tomorrow's of life could be different.
    If it's him I warned Cord some months back, I gather he was unable to corroborate the particular abuse I raised. Staff moving on or no wish to share was my take.

I can't believe he's still around. I still remember when he flooded Ithil's discord server with walls of text that I rather not give details about & lots of cartoon p0rn pics. He harrasses players in and out of game with his high elf sexualized RP and it's ultra creepy how he interacts with female characters via PMs.

I'm really sorry Landroval has to put up with him, but it wouldn't surprise me if he starts alting servers.

Vanya isn't doing anything of the sort. He creates level 1 characters. Those new entries into the world can't post in world chat, but they can read it. It is then he send a private tell to those using world chat at the time. It is part of the function allowing newly created players to join kinships. At least that is the intent due to complaints players couldn't recruit their other accounts into their main's kinship.
    Didn't it use to be that you couldn't chat with people outside of the intro Archet instance (or similar instances for the other starting areas) until after finishing those starter areas? If someone can't join a kinship until after they finish the start instance, that's no big deal in my opinion.

I just created my first character on Landy and was surprised to log into this. Was expected a little more Tolkienness on the server, not more spam than other servers. I know this is an aberration, but still disappointing, as I had been wanting to roll a character on Landy for a long time, but just never got around to it.

Not the foot guy again... get rid of him, SSG!
    “All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

disagree with banning the word "toes", I have that phrase in several of my character names. I don't have a suggestion on correcting the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Banaticus View Post
    Didn't it use to be that you couldn't chat with people outside of the intro Archet instance (or similar instances for the other starting areas) until after finishing those starter areas? If someone can't join a kinship until after they finish the start instance, that's no big deal in my opinion.
    This could be the case as it is today. Yet if it isn't, that would assume a level of intelligence to perform some kind of hack, I doubt that exist for this situation. There are loads of inconsistencies and the fact that the account options vary depending on account status. I may very well be incorrect, however that doesn't address the real problem. The guy has issues and shouldn't be here at all.

Drinks Coffee All Day
    Vanya isn't doing anything of the sort. He creates level 1 characters.
    Oh God, its Vanya!! I wonder where he went..... he used to terrorize Arkenstone, but I think people got tired of his sheet, and ignored him.... One day he didn't return. So, he went to Landroval.

Good luck. The only way to stop him is to ignore him as soon as you see him.....
    -----

Oh God, its Vanya!! I wonder where he went..... he used to terrorize Arkenstone, but I think people got tired of his sheet, and ignored him.... One day he didn't return. So, he went to Landroval.

Good luck. The only way to stop him is to ignore him as soon as you see him.....
    At one stage I thought he'd been locked up by local authorities until I heard he was on an LS. Perhaps it's the result of an ineffectual clamping down, SSG's hornet nest approach like poking the spammers into activity with account resets. The fragile sensibilities on Landroval perhaps the easiest target for the kickback?

They need to fix the support system, not make it so hard to report players like this that deserve bans. You WILL lose paying players due to this...

GOOD JOB NOT PUTTING THIS IN THE RELEASE NOTES FOR THIS PATCH TOO SSG!!! (sarcasm)
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

24. Dec 08 2021, 09:34 PM