We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bullroarer Update 31.1.1 - Beta #1 - CLOSED

Bullroarer is CLOSED

Beta was closed a little early, thank you for your participation and feedback!

Server Opening Time: Tuesday, 12/07 12:00 PM EST
    Server Closing Time: Thursday, 12/09 ~1:30 PM EST (Subject to Change)

• Report A Bug
    • Guide to the Eyes and Guard Tavern
    • Character Copy is AVAILABLE. This can be accessed through the 'Transfer' button on any LOTRO Launcher.
      • PLEASE NOTE: The database has not been wiped. If you have copied a character from Live to Bullroarer since 12/01 you will not be able to copy that same character again
      • Deleting this character will not allow you to re-copy. Please refer to the linked thread for information regarding Character Copy.

Adkhât-zahhar, the Houses of Rest
    "Deep in the Pit of Stonejaws, a grand tomb holds the remains of the many ancient dwarf-lords of Gundabad. The necromancer Loknashra, now empowered with the spirit of Drugoth, has returned to raise an army and claim her vengeance upon all those who wronged her."

• This is a new, 6-man Instance in Gundabad.
    • Tiers 1-3 are open for testing.
    • The Discovery deed HAS NOT been bypassed for this Beta. See below for notes on Javatar's Discovery quest.

Release Notes - Beta #1:

Instances:
    • 6 Person Instance - Adkhat-zahhar, the Houses of Rest is available up to Tier 3.
    • House of Rest - Skill Damage adjusted for skills and abilities to Bosses.
    • Instance quests for Den of Pughlak and Assault on Dhúrstrok now award IXP tokens.
    • Den of Pughlak and Assault on Dhúrstrok now bestow quests on Tiers 4 and 5.
    • Yule Seasonal Instance: Bracelets have been removed from the Storvagun's Riches quest and are now a possible drop from Storvâgûn's Tiny Trinket Box and Storvâgûn's Tinier Trinket Box. These bracelets will scale to the level of the instance space. For a chance at incomparable bracelets, run the tier 2 instance at cap level (140). For players on legendary worlds or still leveling up, incomparable bracelets are also available by running the tier 2 instance at levels 50 – 130. The tier 1 instance chest, and all runs at levels 131-139 will have a chance to drop rare bracelets.

Classes:
    • Hunter - Imp. Penetrating Shot CD increased [0->1s]
    • Hunter - An exploit was discovered to abuse penetrating shot. Under normal circumstances the skill is rarely used in rapid sequence in any case, so we're adding a short cooldown to prevent this case.

Quests & Adventure Areas:
    • Boar mounts can now be used in The Hall Under the Mountain.
    • Quest Guide has been updated to correctly point to Zul-mazal for 'Epilogue: Endings and Beginnings'.
    • Slow travel between Maergrind and Drenghol now functions as intended.
    • Slow travel to Fellgát (Northern Welkin-lofts) & Ibdêkh-buzru (Central Welkin-lofts) from Grúmachath (Central Câr Bronach) now functions as intended.
    • All travel routes from the War-room Stable-master now display Swift Travel.
    • Clovengap - Gundabad - Quest "Tharrkirîn's Baubles" won't bestow until Gerja has moved to Bazanmanar. Players waiting to turn in can complete quest "The Sky Has Fallen" and she will move to the proper location.

Items:
    • All old LI blank names now have the 'Sealed' term prepended to their names. While these can no longer be identified they can still be used as cosmetic items.
    • 'Roving threat' LI blank vendors now accept Figments rather than tokens for these items.
    • Barter costs for gear from The Fall of Khazad-dûm, Amdân Dammul, the Bloody Threshold, Shakalush, the Stair Battle, and the Minas Morgul instances have been transitioned from Embers of Enchantment to Motes of Enchantment.
    • Incomparable Gloves/Gauntlets/Gages Mozrúk's Ride should now have correct appearances.

PREVIEW ONLY:
    • Drachyn in the Eyes & Guard Tavern now offers Houses of Rest gear and the deeds necessary to barter for this gear. Javatar has a new Gundabad instance discovery deed completion quest.
    Last edited by LordOfTheSquids; Dec 09 2021 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post

• Yule Seasonal Instance: Bracelets have been removed from the Storvagun's Riches quest and are now a possible drop from Storvâgûn's Tiny Trinket Box and Storvâgûn's Tinier Trinket Box. These bracelets will scale to the level of the instance space. For a chance at incomparable bracelets, run the tier 2 instance at cap level (140). For players on legendary worlds or still leveling up, incomparable bracelets are also available by running the tier 2 instance at levels 50 – 130. The tier 1 instance chest, and all runs at levels 131-139 will have a chance to drop rare bracelets.

Classes:
    • Hunter - An exploit was discovered to abuse penetrating shot. Under normal circumstances the skill is rarely used in rapid sequence in any case, so we're adding a short cooldown to prevent this case.
    So instead of rewarding participation you are rewarding luck. I am quite speechless.

And regarding the PS change: I really couldn't care less, as this is only a game for me, and I will adapt. However, I am also speechless as to the remedy you once more provide to an exploit that personally I have never even heard of!

Just speechless...
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

Quote Originally Posted by Belechael View Post
    So instead of rewarding participation you are rewarding luck. I am quite speechless.

And regarding the PS change: I really couldn't care less, as this is only a game for me, and I will adapt. However, I am also speechless as to the remedy you once more provide to an exploit that personally I have never even heard of!

Just speechless...
    And how fast this comes when it concerns hunters.

Bullroarer is OPEN

Server Closing Time: Thursday, 12/09 ~3:00 PM EST (Subject to Change)

• Report A Bug
    • Character Copy is AVAILABLE. This can be accessed through the 'Transfer' button on any LOTRO Launcher.
      • PLEASE NOTE: The database has not been wiped. If you have copied a character from Live to Bullroarer since 12/01 you will not be able to copy that same character again
      • Deleting this character will not allow you to re-copy. Please refer to the linked thread for information regarding Character Copy.

"Deep in the Pit of Stonejaws, a grand tomb holds the remains of the many ancient dwarf-lords of Gundabad. The necromancer Loknashra, now empowered with the spirit of Drugoth, has returned to raise an army and claim her vengeance upon all those who wronged her."

• The Discovery deed HAS NOT been bypassed for this Beta. See below for notes on Javatar's Discovery quest.

Release Notes - Beta #1:

Instances:
    • 6 Person Instance - Adkhat-zahhar, the Houses of Rest is available up to Tier 3.
    • Instance quests for Den of Pughlak and Assault on Dhúrstrok now award IXP tokens.

Classes:

• Quest Guide has been updated to correctly point to Zul-mazal for 'Epilogue: Endings and Beginnings'.
    • Slow travel to Fellgát (Northern Welkin-lofts) & Ibdêkh-buzru (Central Welkin-lofts) from Grúmachath (Central Câr Bronach) now functions as intended.
    • Clovengap - Gundabad - Quest "Tharrkirîn's Baubles" won't bestow until Gerja has moved to Bazanmanar. Players waiting to turn in can complete quest "The Sky Has Fallen" and she will move to the proper location.

Items:
    • All old LI blank names now have the 'Sealed' term prepended to their names. While these can no longer be identified they can still be used as cosmetic items.
    • 'Roving threat' LI blank vendors now accept Figments rather than tokens for these items.
    • Barter costs for gear from The Fall of Khazad-dûm, Amdân Dammul, the Bloody Threshold, Shakalush, the Stair Battle, and the Minas Morgul instances have been transitioned from Embers of Enchantment to Motes of Enchantment.
    • Incomparable Gloves/Gauntlets/Gages Mozrúk's Ride should now have correct appearances.

PREVIEW ONLY:
    • Drachyn in the Eyes & Guard Tavern now offers Houses of Rest gear and the deeds necessary to barter for this gear. Javatar has a new Gundabad instance discovery deed completion quest.
    So, the exeption is only made for boars. Again I'm saddened that this change comes so fast, but we still can't use steeds in the environment.

Yule Seasonal Instance: Bracelets have been removed from the Storvagun's Riches quest and are now a possible drop from Storvâgûn's Tiny Trinket Box and Storvâgûn's Tinier Trinket Box. These bracelets will scale to the level of the instance space. For a chance at incomparable bracelets, run the tier 2 instance at cap level (140). For players on legendary worlds or still leveling up, incomparable bracelets are also available by running the tier 2 instance at levels 50 – 130. The tier 1 instance chest, and all runs at levels 131-139 will have a chance to drop rare bracelets.
    I SINCERELY HOPE you plan to reward us with a SELECTION box and not just randomly reward us 1 of the 9 or 10 bracelets that can drop, making it RNG is bad enough, make it RNG on top of the RNG is just absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    So, the exeption is only made for boars. Again I'm saddened that this change comes so fast, but we still can't use steeds in the environment.
    Eh, it just puts it functionally on par with Moria and Gundabad and the lore point of horses not being keen on being underground. Tho one could argue that in both cases we see it, it was cos those underground places had major nasties in them at the time, but I'm okay with this sort of quirk.
    Shhh. Listen. Listen to the sound of suffering. Resolve to relieve it. Lift others up. Be kind.

yay the only festival instance that wasn't an excercise in frustration is now an rng fiesta too. Please change this back and bring the other festivals in line with how storv used to work... it's a much more enjoyable player experience

Quote Originally Posted by Druidsfire View Post
    Eh, it just puts it functionally on par with Moria and Gundabad and the lore point of horses not being keen on being underground. Tho one could argue that in both cases we see it, it was cos those underground places had major nasties in them at the time, but I'm okay with this sort of quirk.
    Funny that we ride horses in Felegoth which also is underground. You can ride boars and goats in all of ME but steeds and elks are restricted in dwarven places. Add a donkey to ride there then.

RNG to keep the players logging in. Lmao I love it.

I really hope in T2 there will be selection boxes instead of fixed bracelets...
    If you think you can copy the ridiculous RNG grind which is Thrang, on to Storvagun, which has instead of TWO items TWELVE 12!!!! Where half of them are absolut trash and can be deleted with out a doubt, then this is one of the worst implementations of recent years.

Let's see what happens...

I really hope they stay at least ACC bound!

Bullroarer is OPEN

Server Closing Time: Thursday, 12/09 ~3:00 PM EST (Subject to Change)

• Report A Bug

Release Notes - Beta #1:

Instances:

Classes:

Items:

PREVIEW ONLY:
    Please stop putting best in slot gear in festival instances or make them available year round. Thank you

Why in the world would you change the selection box pick after farming 10 or however many tokens it requires as each year has been, to a completely RNG drop? What.
    Ex Gilrain, - World First Watcher V1, - Server First Draigoch, - Server only ToO T2C None Burg stack on level.
    Currently Evernight, Prime, - Shelob Wider, - World/Server First or Second for: Abyss, Anvil, Remmo, AD, FoKD, HoA.
    Worlds Only Abyss T2 6 Manned - Minstrel.
    +Celestrata - 'Surprise, it's not a glitch! :D'
    +Celestrata tells you 'You are by far the best mini I've seen out of any server, Congrats on world first!'

Honestly, I don't mind the change, it brings it in line with the way Thrang is and has been from the start; it was silly to require completing it for 10 days for ONE bis bracelet, at least this way means one character can get more than one, just so long as they make it a selection box drop, and NOT a random bracelet reward.

I agree whole-heartedly with those who are chiming in to revert the idiotic changes to Storvugan.
    You are going to shoot yourself in the foot if you carry out with this idea because there are TWELVE options and half of them are useless like Furio has pointed out.
    A lot of players are going to be frustrated and annoyed if they can't get the bracers that they want for the effort they put in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    I agree whole-heartedly with those who are chiming in to revert the idiotic changes to Storvugan.
    You are going to shoot yourself in the foot if you carry out with this idea because there are TWELVE options and half of them are useless like Furio has pointed out.
    A lot of players are going to be frustrated and annoyed if they can't get the bracers that they want for the effort they put in.
    Not worthless; just not as good as the best bracelets from here. The bad ones are still better than the best you can get outside the festival — which is a massive problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Fureo View Post
    I really hope in T2 there will be selection boxes instead of fixed bracelets...
    If you think you can copy the ridiculous RNG grind which is Thrang, on to Storvagun, which has instead of TWO items TWELVE 12!!!! Where half of them are absolut trash and can be deleted with out a doubt, then this is one of the worst implementations of recent years.

Let's see what happens...

I really hope they stay at least ACC bound!
    /sign

I don't get how you always try to make everything even more grind. I understand that this is an MMO but there are ways of grinding stuff that are more or less fun and to put even more RNG and frustration in it is the wrong way.

Suggestion about [HUNTER]

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...29#post8112129

Hello LotRO Community and SSG!

I don't think this has been asked or suggested before..., but is it possible to increase the hunter's skill ''Find the Path''... regardless if you have this co-skilled in the blue skill tree ''The Huntsman''? I make this kind of suggestion only because this skill ''Find the Path'' has lost its intrinsic value.

Listing of the speed buffs regardless of which race and no matter if monster or freep side:

• Hunter: ''Find the Path'' group skill is ''15% fast'' (unless ''Pathfinder'' is co-skilled in the blue skill tree ''The Huntsman'', and is then ''30% faster (out of combat) for the group).
    • Warden: with ''Forced March'' is ''38% faster'' (out of combat).
    • Beorning: with ''Wanderlust'' is ''62% faster'' (out of combat), when beorning it is okay that this one is faster because bears are usually fast.
    • Brawler: can skill ''Rush'' in the skill tree ''The Fundament'' and is ''15% fast'' (outside of combat, just like the hunter).
    • Burglar: is also faster (outside of combat) with ''Sneak''. (overtakes the hunter with the ''Sneak'' skill).
    • Warleader: ''Mobilise'' group skill has been updated and is now ''55% faster'' (out of combat).

Therefore, I think the Hunter skill ''Find the Path'' has lost it's value.
    Can't you upgrade it like the Warleader skill ''Mobilise'' to ''55%'' and take out the ''Pathfinder'' in the blue hunter skill tree ''The Huntsman''?
    Can a developer please look into this and address this issue?
    Last edited by Nanganark; Dec 07 2021 at 04:19 PM.

Please don't do this

I really disliked how Thrang and the other Festival instances focused on RNG mechanics for the gear drops. I definitely preferred the straightforward mechanics associated with Storvagun, where you would get the rewards if you were able to complete the instance consistently. If the goal is to add some possible immediate rewards, is there any chance that there could also be some sort of bad-luck mitigation? Maybe leave the original quest as it is (complete with change to get a pick-a-box bracelet) but also add in a small chance for the bracelets to drop in the reward chest? Otherwise, I'd much prefer just keeping the mechanics as they have been in previous years.

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    I don't mind the Yule festival change, but like others said it must be a selection box and it must be level scaling, if you do those two things i think random drop is fine esp if the rate is decent.
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    I don't mind the Yule festival change, but like others said it must be a selection box and it must be level scaling, if you do those two things i think random drop is fine esp if the rate is decent.
    A "decent" rate is what? 10%, 20%, 30%?

There will always be a 90%, 80% or 70% chance that you WON'T get it. And as all runs are individual cases there will always be the same chance to NOT get it.

Happened to me with the bloody cloaks last time, and it can happen to anyone the next time.
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    For the Yule festival box, can we make sure that they level scale to when you open them? Treebeard is getting the level cap increase the day after Yule ends, so these bracelets will be completely useless for us unless we can open the box at 60 and have the loot scale appropriately.
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

+1 to removing or reducing the RNG factor for Storvagun. At the very least, let it drop a selection box. Or make the drop rate high enough that people can easily get them and trade the ones they don't want.

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 140 - Brandywine | Help sick kids. Support Extra Life 2022: https://www.extra-life.org/participant/belnavar [$1,094.53 raised of $1,000 goal]

Do the rng box AND the wrapper quest reward. That way people have a chance to get them faster or a reliable way to grind them out. It's the exact same reasoning for the existence of embers currency.

This isn't that hard.

If this is 31.1.1, does than mean 31.1 is coming to live this week?

Release Notes - Beta #1:

Instances:
    Just do the bit highlighted in gold. PvE itemisation has been garbage for a while now and seasonal BiS hasn't been improving things. Stop giving us RNG on top of RNG when it comes to PvE loot. If we enter an instance on a tank, we should be receiving tank gear. If we enter an instance that is only available 1/12th of the year, we shouldn't be getting gear that beats what we can obtain during the other 11 months. Ya gotta stop timegating us on content, sticking RNG on top of it, and then forcing FOMO, it's a loop that just burns players out more than it keeps them around.
    ~ Take the player, not the class ~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast