We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thank you Scenario for this awesome change to Task Boards in the Housing areas.
    It is a most welcome QoL change as I do most of my Task turn-ins in the Housing areas.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays to you and the SSG staff.

While work is being done on these task boards I'd like to point out two longstanding bugs.

- Some rep giving task quests do not state what rep they give, but actually they do. They are labelled 'Task ...' instead of '<Faction> Task ...', and the description doesn't mention the rep either.
    - Many duplicates. Some tasks have multiple entries, up to four even. Good example is the 31-40 board.

Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post
    While work is being done on these task boards I'd like to point out two longstanding bugs.

- Some rep giving task quests do not state what rep they give, but actually they do. They are labelled 'Task ...' instead of '<Faction> Task ...', and the description doesn't mention the rep either.
    - Many duplicates. Some tasks have multiple entries, up to four even. Good example is the 31-40 board.
    I've never noticed a task labeled without a faction which actually gives faction rep. I'm only up to the 70s, though.

Are you sure they're really duplicates? The names of more than one task turn-in quest might be identical but they are not actually 100% the same, they will usually reward different amounts of character experience and represent task quests from different boards in the wider world. Just as one example, Pure Black Skin can be turned in at Tyrn Lhuig, Aughaire, or Gabilshathûr (all in Angmar). None of those three tasks reward reputation with any faction. The first is a Level 41 quest, the second is a Level 43 quest, the third is a Level 46 quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    I've never noticed a task labeled without a faction which actually gives faction rep. I'm only up to the 70s, though.

Are you sure they're really duplicates? The names of more than one task turn-in quest might be identical but they are not actually 100% the same, they will usually reward different amounts of character experience and represent task quests from different boards in the wider world. Just as one example, Pure Black Skin can be turned in at Tyrn Lhuig, Aughaire, or Gabilshathûr (all in Angmar). None of those three tasks reward reputation with any faction. The first is a Level 41 quest, the second is a Level 43 quest, the third is a Level 46 quest.
    It could be that under the surface they are different. But if we don't have any means of seeing that in either name or description they are affectively the same.

I'd like to request that when you mouse-over the rep rewards for the task quests (or any quest that grants rep) that you get the red text warning in the tooltip if you are at max rep with that faction. I hate having to bring up my rep panel to check to see where I'm at with the different factions when I'm at the task boards. A capped character turning in something that grants them nothing is a little frustrating when you could pass it down to an alt who could benefit.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by Scenario View Post
    There are A LOT of task quests out there, and putting them all on a single NPC/Paper is cumbersome and risky. That is why there are a variety of them per level range, and a variety of turn-in boxes as well. We do not want to over burden any single one NPC with the sheer number of quests that would be on it.
    Just dropping by to bump up a little reminder and see if this is any closer to getting worked on.

Am totally okay with the multiple boards, would just like to be able to see where to click...

Brandy: Cupcakes of Doom.
    Landro: Trueheart Companions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2