We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Any idea when the New LI system will be done?

As a primarily solo landscape player for the last 14 years, I'm getting a little frustrated with the pace of the new LI roll out. Not only do i not find any items to upgrade my weapons, but I'm still getting quest rewards for the old system which is useless. It's like living with an ex-wife and a new girlfriend at the same time. I've been subbing for 14 years, but I'm pulling my sub until this gets ironed out because I'm sick of seeing new festival stuff and other changes to new content keep getting implemented while the core mechanics of the game are still broken.

Anyone know what the timeline for this to be done is? I'd be happy to come back to the game once it is functionally implemented. I love the game but i feel like I'm getting jerked around at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by riedlj View Post
    It's like living with an ex-wife and a new girlfriend at the same time.

And the game is like people that stop by every day to continually drop off more stuff for your "ex-wife"? I hear ya.

Sometimes SSG seems eager to start things...and not necessarily able/willing to complete them. Hope it all works out "soon".

There is no External Time Table that we know about.

Technically, it'll never be done and always be improving, changed, etc as newer Tracery Ranges are added.

For when all the main Features are out, the Conversion Process is all wrapped up and an Individual Player could from Start to Finish fairly easily deal with everything?

It's hard to say and doesn't seem like it'll be soon.

Quote Originally Posted by riedlj View Post
    It's like living with an ex-wife and a new girlfriend at the same time.
    I agree with you that is an apt comparison. I'm still worried about 'Appraising' all the remaining LI's I have, yet I have a hunch that they will only become less valuable as time goes by. Part of my delay is not wanting to hit the cap and experimenting with Traceries.

To the OP - When has SSG ever finished what they started? Quit your sub and freeload(not really) like the rest of Premiums
    "Never argue with a fool, it's difficult to tell the difference"

If you mean when will the reward track or whatever they're calling it will be out, latest news is after New Year.

How soon it will be finished depends on how they handle the whole system going forwards (i.e. how grindy/monetised will it be) and if/when players start complaining and want a revised system (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Harvain View Post
    There is no External Time Table that we know about.

Technically, it'll never be done and always be improving, changed, etc as newer Tracery Ranges are added.

For when all the main Features are out, the Conversion Process is all wrapped up and an Individual Player could from Start to Finish fairly easily deal with everything?

It's hard to say and doesn't seem like it'll be soon.
    Agreed, the old LI system will likely be a long and painful death! And the analogy from the OP is a good one. However I run mostly landscape, solo, and a few weekly, daily missions as the mood takes me and I have to say the new LI system is a revelation and I find it easy to navigate.

I appraised all my LI’s on my toon and literally had more than enough scripts and Traceries to equip a far more powerful weapon than my old one could ever be. I agree the current quests giving rewards for the old LI system is poor but there are other methods in gaining suitable Traceries etc for your level.

I had over 40,000 scripts and countless Traceries when converting my old LI’s on my 130 champion. Even after reforging prior to hitting level 140 I still had enough to max out both equipped LI’s with on level Traceries (incomparable stats on each skill). And they are account bound, the scripts can be used across all your toons. It’s not perfect and you have to be careful when selecting your skill due to the many levels available but I like it.
    I would encourage anyone still clinging onto their old LI to take the plunge and give it a go, even with a lower level LI you have just to try it out.
    But back to the original post, only you can decide if it’s worth quitting, for me it’s not as frustrating the situation is with old rewards being given I can live with it for now.
    Irulian Fairmeadow - Elven Rune Keeper / Pennion - Elven Warden / Adaintor - Elven Guardian / Atheallia - Elven Champion
    Server - Laurelin