We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation should i replace my maxed out teal 121 traceries for 131 Purples?

should i replace my maxed out teal 121 traceries for 131 Purples?

and is that the case for all class? example hunters?

Quote Originally Posted by imheretoask View Post

If you have a spare tracery removal scroll, you'll find that after removing a (presumed) iLevel 470 teal Minas Morgul and applying a Gundabad purple to the same socket, that the result will be an inferior tracery. The secondary stat on masteries is determined only by enchantment level, and currently both 121's and 131's can be leveled to 470. You can see this if you compare common (yellow) to legendary (gold). Primary stat/skill bonus (e.g Heart Seeker Damage) is quality based.

The only reason that 131 was ever considered superior is because by default lvl 121's are lvl 400 and 131's are 450, a lot of people when the LI revamp was released hadn't done any reading, just compared tooltips in the archive and concluded that 131's are better. They hadn't informed themselves that on Gundabad release 121 teals and golds could also be leveled to 450+ and have the same result.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasEstForte View Post
    If you have a spare tracery removal scroll, you'll find that after removing a (presumed) iLevel 470 teal Minas Morgul and applying a Gundabad purple to the same socket, that the result will be an inferior tracery. The secondary stat on masteries is determined only by enchantment level, and currently both 121's and 131's can be leveled to 470. You can see this if you compare common (yellow) to legendary (gold). Primary stat/skill bonus (e.g Heart Seeker Damage) is quality based.

The only reason that 131 was ever considered superior is because by default lvl 121's are lvl 400 and 131's are 450, a lot of people when the LI revamp was released hadn't done any reading, just compared tooltips in the archive and concluded that 131's are better. They hadn't informed themselves that on Gundabad release 121 teals and golds could also be leveled to 450+ and have the same result.
    is that a yes replace or no? i don't want to think. i'm simple minded.

What is more important for you, prime stat or secondary?

If prime, leave be.
    If secondary, change. The 131 ones can be levelled higher (better secondary stats) and will last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by imheretoask View Post

first of all I think the fact nobody can answer this question in like 1 word (yes/no) shows how fail the new LI system really is.

My answers(keep in mind i'm a nitwit):

For skill traceries the answer is no. Only if you can maintain or improve color is there a reason to upgrade as they are more or less the same. YES EVEN THE PASSIVES I THINK ARE THE SAME. I suspect at some point the 121s will cease to work so you'll eventually be forced to upgrade but that time is not now.

For the rest i'm not sure but i lean towards no as well. i think i've gone from gold 121 to tiel 131 and it was a downgrade but its been a minute.

OP skip until "FOR OP" rather than read the first wall of text.

I believe a simple "yes" answer would imply that 121's are obsolete and therefore traceries are only for 1 expansion. Which would raise the old complaint of the old system (pre-imbue) of replacing your LI's every 10 levels. Only it would be replacing traceries every 10 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post

If prime, leave be.
    If secondary, change. The 131 ones can be levelled higher (better secondary stats) and will last longer.
    Can l be levelled higher AFTER LEVEL 141 IS RELEASED. The SECONDARY STATS ARE THE SAME at the SAME ENHANCEMENT LEVEL.

The intention of the new system is that traceries are supposed to be as powerful as the expansion after it. Allowing players to replace traceries every 2 expansions, not 1.

Minas Morgul default level (archive tooltip) - 400
    Blood of Azog upgrade capacity - 449 max (but needed 9 gold runes, so realistically 440)
    Gundabad tooltips in archive - 450
    Level cap 140 release - 465
    Ergo 400 MiMo+ 65 levels or Gundabad +15 levels

People who grinded old LI's to appraise are sitting on thousands of 121 enhancement runes and hundreds of thousands of ancient script, so getting a 121 gold tracery from SS or teal to 460 (now 470) was more beneficial than using 600 ancient script to get a purple one and barter 10 yellow 131's for lvl 460. Because while people saw lvl 450 tooltips in the archive as being double the stats, the truth was difference in enhancement level. Default 400 vs default 450.

For OP

I'm gonna make up simple stats to get my point across.

Heart-seeker tracery, Rivendell archive tooltips (no upgrades):

Purple 131, E-level 110. +10% heartseeker damage, +1000 critical rating
    Teal 121, level 100. +15% heartseeker damage, +500 crit

Teal 121 placed on LI 10 runes added; level 110, +15% heartseeker damage +1000 crit

You see now the 121 is more powerful and you just had to add 10 runes. But "Just 10" for me can be "omg really I have to farm 10 runes" for another and they'd prefer to get the purple even though heart-seeker is 5% weaker.

Do you want to keep the 5% heart seeker dmg and can get 10 runes (50 in game, due to 400-450) during play? Then you don't replace.
    Do you not care about HS damage, your teal is un-upgraded (so level 400 in game), have no way to acquire runes and desperately need physical mastery like, ASAP? Then you replace.

This is the best I can do without logging into the game, and showing a video/screenshots of levelling a 121 tracery from 400, then to 450 (same as Gundabad default) , then to 470 current max.
    Last edited by TobiasEstForte; Dec 24 2021 at 02:01 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Here's my mini stuffs, let me know if i should go to 131 from what you guys see please, thanks.

Last edited by imheretoask; Dec 24 2021 at 09:12 AM.

Sorry I'm late to this party! The answer to the OP's question is "No". At least for Word of Mastery and Word of Power traceries. If you replace a Teal tracery with a (even a higher lvl) Purple tracery, your main stat will go down and your secondary stats will still be based on the enhancement lvl of the slot. In other words, a lvl 121 Teal tracery enhanced to the same lvl as a lvl 131 Purple tracery will have a higher main stat and equal secondary stats. I'm not sure about Heraldic and Word of Craft traceries.

*Note* Using lvl 121 and 131 traceries as an example, if a lvl 121 Teal tracey at enhabcement lvl 440 is replaced by a lvl 131 Purple tracery, the tracery will be increase to lvl 450 but the main stat will still have decreased. So, basically you have saved using 10 Enhancement runes but lowered your main stat.

Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post

If prime, leave be.
    That's only half true. The 121's can be enhanced to exactly the same stats as the 131's. It is true that 131's will only become disabled 10 levels higher than the 121's (121 disables at character level 141, 131 at character level 151).

Thus I believe one should not replace the cyan 121 traceries now, but it might be an idea to hold onto the purple 131s you get so that you'll have something to use with the next cap increase when you hit character level 141.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruffyn View Post
    Sorry I'm late to this party! The answer to the OP's question is "No". At least for Word of Mastery and Word of Power traceries. If you replace a Teal tracery with a (even a higher lvl) Purple tracery, your main stat will go down and your secondary stats will still be based on the enhancement lvl of the slot. In other words, a lvl 121 Teal tracery enhanced to the same lvl as a lvl 131 Purple tracery will have a higher main stat and equal secondary stats. I'm not sure about Heraldic and Word of Craft traceries.

*Note* Using lvl 121 and 131 traceries as an example, if a lvl 121 Teal tracey at enhabcement lvl 440 is replaced by a lvl 131 Purple tracery, the tracery will be increase to lvl 450 but the main stat will still have decreased. So, basically you have saved using 10 Enhancement runes but lowered your main stat.
    That's only true if you haven't already enhanced the cyan 121 traceries. In fact, the best strategy would be to slot any trash yellow 131 traceries before you enhance at all, then pull them out and put the 121 cyan traceries in. The 121s will thereby be enhanced to the minimum 131 item level for free.