We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Wardrobe Carry All

I've been playing a while now, with a lot of alts, and my shared wardrobe is full! While I know I don't really NEED all those costumes, I'd like to cycle new sets through and I need somewhere to keep the base (undyed) items while they aren't in use. A Wardrobe Carry All would be perfect.

This may be almost a year old, but I 1000% support this idea!

Love carry-alls...and right now, the single biggest space hog in my vaults is wardrobe stuff! I'd happily spend LOTRO points on a wardrobe carry-all!!

You have my vote for a wardrobe carry-all. 50 slots per may fall short without a filter like that of the wardrobe Armor: Back etc.

Just my thoughts

Cuclo

Lightbulb

Instead of a carry all, i will like a revamp to the wardrope system that let your account remember & use again the skin apearance of all gear pieces that you have ever acquired on any your toons on that account (even if it have server restriction). This will remove the need to ever safe a outfit piece.

I do agree with Yamy, the wardrobe with colour functions has to be bigger or in another way, paying attention to the increased number of outfits.
    --------------------
    Founder of the kinship "Beschützer des Lichtes" Server Belegaer Beschützer des Lichtes
    Founder of the german newspaper for Lotro and Tolkien Funkenflug

A large wardrobe carry-all? Damn good idea.

Just think, a character can have one for Shields and Armour, one for festival clothing, one for everyday clothing, another for just weapons.

Could be a good revenue stream for SSG.
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Instead of a carry all, i will like a revamp to the wardrobe system that let your account remember & use again the skin apearance of all gear pieces that you have ever acquired on any your toons on that account (even if it have server restriction). This will remove the need to ever safe a outfit piece.
    That's the best idea! World of Warcraft did that, and I loved it.

We really need a major revamp on the wardrobe system. I do have serveral toons, just to keep all the festival cosmetics, because my wardrobe is at max (for years now) and I don't want to delete stuff.

So please SSG take a look at the wardrobe system. A carry all is nice and good, but 50 slots is not enough, considering that other carry-alls can stack the items.
    German HdRO-Guide. Für alles rund ums Spielvergnügen!

Instead of a carry all, i will like a revamp to the wardrope system that let your account remember & use again the skin apearance of all gear pieces that you have ever acquired on any your toons on that account (even if it have server restriction). This will remove the need to ever safe a outfit piece.
    Yes please, my wardrobe is full. Want to spend LP on an upgrade!

/signed!

Wardrobe Carry-All is really needed!

This or more wardrobe pace. A carry all really doesn't help much with the dyed outfits and the constant additions we have. 50 slots in a carry all are nothing and how do we recognize differently dyed items.

Please make wardrobe like WoW's transmogrification system. If you 'discover' aka become in possession of a new look it is automatically put into an account bound system that doesn't require any inventory space. The thing that's great about it too is if you can only get a specific cosmetic look from an instance or quest or deed or festival, this type of system would really encourage people in participating because they won't have to worry about inventory space
    Landroval - The Alliance kinship of The Alliance Gaming Community
    https://agc.gamerlaunch.com/
    “Take me with you. For laughs, for luck, for the unknown. Take me with you.” - Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

I would absolutely play more of LotRO's content if once I acquired a cosmetic it didn't require a storage slot. Why spend the time when the reward turns into a logistical hassle? I have a lot of storage but there's just too much stuff and more is added every big patch.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    Orion indicated a few months ago that they are looking into wardrobe space, but yea anything we can do to improve this would be a huge win in my book. Cosmetics appear in all sorts of things we buy from SSG (expansions, supporter packs, direct from store, etc.) but there's really no reason for someone to be incentivized by cosmetics if they don't have the space to utilize them. For me, my last two ultimate edition and supporter pack cosmetic boxes are just left unopened in the vault to save space.
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Dervacus View Post
    Please make wardrobe like WoW's transmogrification system. If you 'discover' aka become in possession of a new look it is automatically put into an account bound system that doesn't require any inventory space. The thing that's great about it too is if you can only get a specific cosmetic look from an instance or quest or deed or festival, this type of system would really encourage people in participating because they won't have to worry about inventory space
    Oh they still will need inventory space, but cosmetic gear will not be the thing clogging it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dervacus View Post
    Agree completely!

hey, did u happen to play gw2 at any chance? cause the exact way cosmetics are handled in tyria. the only exception is that you have to pay with a special ingame currency to "redesign" your outfit

I’ve asked for more shared wardrobe space for years now. Why should we bother buying/earning cool new outfits with no place in wardrobe to put them? The lack of new wardrobe space has sapped the fun out of the festivals for me.

There's 50 more slots available in the store right now.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    There's 50 more slots available in the store right now.
    ngl 50 didn't do jack, I filled that up in less than a minute and still have hundreds of items overflowing into various character vaults.

Until we can get into the thousands it really won't be meaningful.
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    I love and support the idea of a cosmetic carry all..... but it is not as straightforward as the wardrobe. For instance, the current code for carry alls likely has no way of adding dyes of different colors, so all it will be is for pure storage if you want to keep physical items that are also in the wardrobe. So it wouldn't really work as a replacement for the wardrobe, just a method of storing all the actual items.

For that purpose though, I already use 2 storage alts. I keep the cosmetics "just in case" I remove it from wardrobe and later realize I really should not have done that.... i'll log on one of the storage alts, and drag it back into the wardrobe.

The biggest issue is that sometimes I have ALL available dye colors applied to an item in the wardrobe, so if a carry all does not offer me the option to retain all the dye options when gathering cosmetics..... it's kinda useless to me.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Why are we asking for wardrobe space and wardrobe carry-alls and not asking for a wardrobe collection tab
    that allows you to register cosmetic skins and use them whenever you want like cosmetic pets and mounts?

And a good quality of life change would to make all collections account-wide instead of keeping them as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    Why are we asking for wardrobe space and wardrobe carry-alls and not asking for a wardrobe collection tab
    that allows you to register cosmetic skins and use them whenever you want like cosmetic pets and mounts?

And a good quality of life change would to make all collections account-wide instead of keeping them as is.
    This is actually a pretty awesome suggestion, I just don't know how they'd ever implement it..I am fairly certain there are thousands of cosmetics out there, and the way the collections page lags right now I can't imagine it could handle so much. They'd also need to figure out how to handle multiple items with the same skin, and how dyes would work.

I agree - a very sensible suggestion - has my vote

Game needs MORE Carry Alls as there is simply too many items for the long term players to hold onto

What we need is to get rid of the premium/landscape/event tokens nonsense and raise stack capacities on everything.

For example 5k is such a small number and large crafting carry-alls only allow one stack of each item.
    Anyone who collects everything every time they quest on a alt can easily amass 5k+ ore/skarn in less than a month.

Wardrobe carry-alls can end up in a similar fashion depending on the holder.
    Since you probably cannot stack duplicates or combine set of outfits into one space,
    I can only see my suggestion of a wardrobe collection tab
    with a functionality of letting you register anything you want and use it whenever
    as the only long-term solution to the ever-growing amount of cosmetics LOTRO has to offer.

If we need to keep landscape or festival tokens for whatever reason, why not consolidate them into one currency?

Yule, Spring, Anniversary, Midsummer, Farmer's Faire, Fall, etc - just consolidate them all into one festivity token.
    Same with landscape tokens into one Adventurer token or something.

We do not need over 150 landscape, festival, miscellaneous, etc, tokens polluting our wallets and taking up resources and creating lag and longer loading times.