We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

When will Brawler become an actual class ?

When will brawler be reworked to be anywhere near usefull in anything other than slow landscape content ?

Maybe when people stop giving SSG money for it?
    Eats like a Hobbit, drinks like a Dwarf, farts like an Orc...

Quote Originally Posted by Solador View Post
    When will brawler be reworked to be anywhere near usefull in anything other than slow landscape content ?
    It took them roughly 2 years to get Beorning to a semi viable spot. So somewhere around that time frame, maybe longer with how small and fragmented the dev team is.
    Hurth, Warden
    Barst, Guardian
    Xiox, Reaver

Don't hold your breath.

I said when it was announmced that it would be a solution in search of a problem and so it has proven. While amusing in concept and animation there wasn't a gap needing filling there.
    Mithithil Ithryndi

Quote Originally Posted by Mithithil View Post
    I said when it was announmced that it would be a solution in search of a problem and so it has proven. While amusing in concept and animation there wasn't a gap needing filling there.
    But, but... I can punch things and play LOTRO and Mortal Kombat at the same time!

/sarcasm
    “And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

never

Well we got 33 specs in the game and around 17 of them are under tuned and not really used for anything so how long do you think they will need to make brawler something endgame groups would want to tag along and offer anything useful?

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Trainer of the Rabbits
    2 years, 7 months, 3 days and approx 13 hours until the patch, that will make the class viable.

I'm really sorry to see, that the Brawler is just a second Beorning with an idea but nothing else behind it.
    I like to play the class, but it is in the same spot as the Beorning was for nearly 4 years, useful for nothing, viable for nothing, it is just "here". There are so many problems with the class, that the list would fill a handful of pages here. Tanking skills are broken by design (who with a clear mind would design a class which has to stay in place to get his tanking skills working, in a game where the instance designers create fights with a lot of movement?) Damage is incredible low- ...and and and ...
    I have fun with the class, but one can not use it for serious content.

Quote Originally Posted by Murtanion View Post
    It took them roughly 2 years to get Beorning to a semi viable spot.
    Closer to 4, we used it in Throne as a joke, not because it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post
    I'm really sorry to see, that the Brawler is just a second Beorning with an idea but nothing else behind it.
    Not really true.

Beorning as a class has no real mechanics set up for it. Wrath is mostly ignored in 2 specs, only yellow really requires you to consider the rate at which you consume it. The bear form/man form situation is pretty awful, man form is pretty much just weaker bear form so it's a bit of a "feelsbad" whenever you have to spend any time in it. On top of all that the bar-swapping system is pretty wonky and the class generally doesn't really fulfil the fantasy of being a rampaging bear.

Brawler is the inverse of this. It has mechanics present, mettle is something you need to actively monitor in both lines, innate strength buffs are things you need to actively tier in both lines. There's a little bit of wonkiness in how some things are actually applied and some of the target counts/range on abilities but for the most part it's a solid class, albeit a horribly undertuned one.

Brawler has the core design down reasonably well, unlike most classes the fantasy of the class (essentially being a dude who lays the beatdown on Orcs with their bare hands) is well represented. I'd argue that there's less work required to fix Brawler than pretty much any other class, not really surprising as it's brand new and not bogged down by 10+ years of patches adding/tweaking/reworking their core mechanics.
    ~ Take the player, not the class ~