We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

AoD b1 grossly favors ranged dps

The extreme amount of damage the bat does in phase 2 forces tanks to kite, which makes the fight much more difficult with a melee dpser. Please address this.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBaggy View Post
    The extreme amount of damage the bat does in phase 2 forces tanks to kite, which makes the fight much more difficult with a melee dpser. Please address this.
    This statement is true and is reminds me of "Caverns of Thrumfall" where the melee classes couldn't come near the final dragon boss because of the damage dealt by it in higher tiers, even tanks hesitated to get near it w/ the exception of cappy tanks. Or "Dome of Stars" specially in the final boss fight where the tank need to kite the 1st set of adds that came out cause once you kill them they would blow up so to speak and cause serious amount of damage to all that were near them. And let's not forget Remmo fire phase and the spiderlings, melee classes just couldn't get near them period so range classes were preferred in those fights. You just don't have those kinds of issues w/ range classes and there is no doubt that some of these instance favor range classes and adds to the balance and fairness issue.

If ppl had a choice between range or melee classes they would take a range class because they just wouldn't have to worry to much about them taking the kind of damage melee classes do standing next to the tank, being in and around and running through puddles, getting stunned, getting hit w/ a boss's short range 360 aoe damage and getting DoTed up (all to be able to hit the boss and adds) like I see happen in Den of Pug. The another advantage I see between range and melee is that fact that range can hide from certain thing and prevent damage to themselves (line of sight) or just be out of range from the damage where a melee class would have a much tougher time hiding or running far enough away on time to avoid the damage. This would cause them to waste valuable dps time running away and back where range classes can just stand near a column or corner and tuck in for 2 secs and then pop back out. And let's not forget the dreaded kiting scenario that seem to be the new norm over the last 2 or 3 years or so on higher tier fights, melee classes have to chase and try to keep up w/ the tank/boss often not being able to attack because of the gap making a melee less desirable in higher tier fight because they are not producing as much damage as they would in a non kiting scenario.

In addressing balance and fairness in instance/raid designs, Devs should keep in mind these issues between range and melee, healers and between tanks. Yes I said, "TANKS". We all know that people for the most part take the path of least resistance. What this means is that if ppl had a choice between taking a guard or cappy they would take a cappy because they can heal, rez and buff the group in their tank line where as guard's can't. We also know that because cappies can heal pretty nicely they can eliminate the middleman (the healer in some cases) and bring 2 dpser or 1 debuffer and a dpser making the whole fight/instance easier on everyone where other tanks can't. It also means that in the range and melee debate most would prefer range because they have an advantage over melee, and cappies over guards in most scenarios.

These are Facts !!!. I see it happening now in the new instances specially where cappies are preferred (again) cause they can buff the morale of the group, help heal and tank. Anyone with half a brain can see and understand the advantage the cappy brings and how this affect balance and fairness to other tanks. How can other tanks compete w/ this ? And notice how I didn't say it couldn't be done w/ other tanks.......but like I said earlier, "ppl take the path of least resistance" therefore making it harder on other tanks to be invited and when they are it makes it harder on the group to succeed.....We need the Devs to think about these things.

You may say, the advantages are minimal, they or not!!! Most ppl almost always take the path of less resistance. In lotro its range over melee and cappies over guards making it hard for these classes to be invited to higher tier runs.
    Last edited by Technician46; Jan 17 2022 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBaggy View Post
    This isn’t really true at all. I can face tank P2 in t5 with guard very easily. The fight can be done with any number of comps. I’ve face tanked it on Warden/Blue Champ as well and my fastest clears have all been with melee DPS. The tank can just side step the bat inductions to avoid the big hits, the melee dps has to move away from the tank when they get the Red eye. Out of all the instances right now, AoD is the most well balanced in terms of what you can bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresuvi View Post
    This isn’t really true at all. I can face tank P2 in t5 with guard very easily. The fight can be done with any number of comps. I’ve face tanked it on Warden/Blue Champ as well and my fastest clears have all been with melee DPS. The tank can just side step the bat inductions to avoid the big hits, the melee dps has to move away from the tank when they get the Red eye. Out of all the instances right now, AoD is the most well balanced in terms of what you can bring.
    Can confirm. Can face tank P2 t5 on capt as well. Champ is actually preferrable over hunter/rk cause they can simply AoE down both so it's a lot faster.

Originally thought this thread was about the troll boss (like what is b1? you can do either first) as there with ranged dps the tornado spends a lot of time travelling in between players instead of hitting both melee+tank simultaneously.

inaccurate, best comps I have run with are generally champs/rks with my cappy tank, learn to mechanic I guess.

If it's gonna be that kind of party...where the mashed potatas at?!