We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Shards no longer dropping in chests?

I took advantage of the more Geode's event, found a great loop in Car-B that helped me to get the pocket items I was grinding. In that loop there were two chests that spawned regularly, and I picked up 58 dwarf treasures for the quest, lot's of Geode's on the landscape, and 350+ skarn for crafting (Yes, I needed a lot of Geodes). During that whole time not one Sunstone Shard dropped from a chest or node. Do they just not drop anymore, or is it just bad RNG? I know they drop in the rare chests, but they used to drop regularly from common chests also, and I find it hard to believe that with all the nodes I harvested not one shard dropped.
    “I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

Winsum - Lvl 130 Runekeeper, Sazzy lvl 130 Minstrel, Killamanjaro lvl 130 Loremaster

Since there is the added benefit of getting 36 shards from the 12 rare chests and the benefit of getting a shard from choosing the crafting bonus box from the mission weekly, I think they must have lowered the rate you get shards from other sources. I've also noticed that repeatedly looting the same chests/nodes in rapid succession will give you less rewards. It is possible that a shard will only drop if the chest sits there without being looted after awhile. Not like you need them right now with so many available. If they ever add more crafting options, they could always add more shards to the weeklies like they did with Minas Morgul or increase the droprate.

You can buy shards for lotro points. They are fairly inexpensive.

They also removed ANY shards from dropping from farming. I still (very rarely) see one in mining nodes, but that's it these last few months.