We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Changes to Motes/Ember/Figments

From the Announcement we can't tell what are your intentions, for something that sounds rly stupid at first read.

Of course what shines through is Pay2Win.
    How do you get Embers now? Are the weeklies still working?

Give us your full intentions and final design behind it instead of giving us an announcement, which makes for us players no sense at all.

Also why increase the caps if you can't get it anyway ?!

Technically this will also make people run less instances, so a decrease in motivation and endgame... Perfect!

So far this is: Increase prices for everything, but takeaway normal ways to get ressources.

Well it's nice they're raising some caps - usually it's the other way around though I can't image how you would ever get 100k embers unless they plan to make them ridiculously easy to obtain.

No mention on how you're supposed to obtain figments with this update (other than the existing pay to open lootboxes).

So the question is, what are these changes trying to solve?

Cause besides the cap being too small. The ember, mote, figments mechanic seemed to work decently well.

Simple...they are trying to push the store.

If that's true, won't be surprised if we are going to see less and less end game content runs.

Great one SSG, is like you're trying to lose players. You're doing great!

Quote Originally Posted by tanlis View Post

Cause besides the cap being too small. The ember, mote, figments mechanic seemed to work decently well.
    Exactly, it worked fine. SSG just created more issues now to sell more keys pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    Exactly, it worked fine. SSG just created more issues now to sell more keys pretty much
    Yeah, probably. I don't have good feeling about this changes.

Current intance Gear still disenchanted into Embers as long as it is endgame gear?

You are saying, that can only disenchant Adventure gear into Embers in the note and I hope you just forgot to tell us that we can still disenchant engame instance loot (violet, teal and gold) into Embers as long as it is the current endgame gear...

Possibly to fix the lag problems the servers are having. Trying to get people to quit with these dumb changes.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Possibly to fix the lag problems the servers are having. Trying to get people to quit with these dumb changes.
    I can't tell if you're serious or just having fun. Either way, you made me laugh.

This is probably worst change we've ever had.
    The truly awful lag we have has pushed many people so close to quitting and now with this I expect its going to be a step too far..

+111

I just hope that embers will be pretty easy to obtain. Like, just from running an instance, and a bosschest gives like 1000 embers or something. That way it will not change much, except that you don't have to destroy gear for it.

They need to sell more keys apparently. I guess they are expecting folks to buy a ton of keys to feed their cosmetics addiction.
    “And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Quote Originally Posted by Hierona View Post
    I just hope that embers will be pretty easy to obtain. Like, just from running an instance, and a bosschest gives like 1000 embers or something. That way it will not change much, except that you don't have to destroy gear for it.
    something like this would be great. but they should've included in the post that there would be ingame ways to obtain embers through instances if thats the case
    Lugbur

Quote Originally Posted by 0987654321 View Post
    something like this would be great. but they should've included in the post that there would be ingame ways to obtain embers through instances if thats the case
    Definitly can agree with you there, but I don't see them doing it store only tbh. If they do that, that is probably the end of my endgame gearing days.

BTW, why not have the 115 and 120 gear be bartered for the current currencies, and only the last level cap instances give gear that can be exchanged for motes?

Well, I've been putting off Gundabad purchase till more content is around, and my next annual VIP payment is March.
    Thank you for making it easy to decide - not paying either, so long lotro

Quote Originally Posted by Elflord410 View Post
    They need to sell more keys apparently. I guess they are expecting folks to buy a ton of keys to feed their cosmetics addiction.
    I'm one of those people that would be considered a cosmetics/decoration addict. I also used to gear decently, raid with my kin... But I've been slowly putting myself thru a sort of rehab xD even dropped my VIP. I feel lighter hahaha, like a weight off my shoulders honestly.

SSG really need to give more information as to how to get embers. If its just gonna be weekly quests like atm and lootboxes, its a horiffic idea. They should really tell us now of their ideas so ppl dont just start getting annoyed about this. Atm on paper this is a horiffic idea.

I just read about the changes, not much interested in motes and embers. These caps will be pretty high, and it would be great for exchange to figments but that will no longer exist. Figment's cap is just doubled. Why? Why punish collectors with still low numbers, especially with the exchange gone? I now will only have 20k with the figment's vendors coming along instead of 30k. It's not like they rain from the sky. So, please let us continue to get them with motes and embers.

What am I supposed to do with my motes and embers now? I guess waste them on something I don't really want/need just to get something for the currency.
    Last edited by wispsong; Jan 11 2022 at 05:02 PM.

Not sure if I'm missing something, but to me it seems like the design is that embers are now going to be the premium currency for whales?

So...

Embers, Motes, Figments will now only come from:

Weeklies, Festivals, Lootboxes and disenchanting lootbox gear/items.

Gear that's bad/useless/outdated (a huge chunk of LOTRO loot by design) will no longer contribute in any small way towards Embers/Motes accrual.

The caps are getting raised substantially, which probably means that the barter prices for items will be raised substantially.

This is just.. pretty clearly done with the goal of pushing people further towards Black Steel Keys.

I'm just tired, man. I enjoy this game largely due to the people I know, and the world/lore being something that feels like an MMO home. That's all getting harder and harder to enjoy with the horrific instance server lag, painful customer service, unfinished group instances and clear design changes intended to further push people towards store for character progression.

I've played FFXIV off and on since ARR (2.0), but always come back to LOTRO as my 'home' game. Getting harder and harder to justify that.

Quote Originally Posted by canyouaddcolour View Post
    So...

This is just.. pretty clearly done with the goal of pushing people further towards Black Steel Keys.

I'm just tired, man. I enjoy this game largely due to the people I know, and the world/lore being something that feels like an MMO home. That's all getting harder and harder to enjoy with the horrific instance server lag, painful customer service, unfinished group instances and clear design changes intended to further push people towards store for character progression.

I've played FFXIV off and on since ARR (2.0), but always come back to LOTRO as my 'home' game. Getting harder and harder to justify that.

This was my conclusion as well, instead of admitting they need us to front them some money until they finish last years expansion we already funded it reads as though we were meant to not notice this is another change for the worse. Lots of lines. The cap for a currency you all hate raised! Raised is good! More numbers.

it's capitalism...

a company is regarded successfull based on how much profit they make,
    not by the quality of the product or how satisfied the customers are
    The Adventures of Markbjorn
    Guardian of Laurelin

You will continue to get Embers from weeklies. We can also take a look at sources of Figments as needed.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by canyouaddcolour View Post
    The caps are getting raised substantially, which probably means that the barter prices for items will be raised substantially.
    This is my fear. Letting people have 100k embers sounds great... until gear starts costing 20, 30, 40, 50k embers a piece, while the supply of embers drops.

Less sure about the point of removing the barter for figments. Well, I can see that they're removing motes to figments because people can use their piles of obsolete stuff to earn figments rather than "engaging" with the game by running festivals until your eyes bleed. But allowing embers to figments should stay. Since embers are largely coming from lootboxes, that would encourage people to spend cash money to get their cosmetics.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast