We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Embers, Motes, and Figments - U32 Changes

Ok, so let's talk about those changes.

I'm not going to talk about Embers & Motes and let this one for the others. I'm just going to talk about the very bad changes you'll make on Figments of Splendour.

Increasing the cap is a great idea, thank you for that.

Removing the trade between Motes/Embers to Figments is the worst change ever !!!

That means, that the only way to obtain Figments in the futur will be : Lootboxes & Festivals.

Festival is ok, but someone with 0 figments right now, will only be able to obtain ~2000 Figments at each festival in the futur.
    Which means ~10,000 Figments a year. Currently, with that, you can barter for 2/3 housing items depending on the prices. That's a shame. Each year, we got ~15 new housing items for figments, and you're telling us now that, basically, the only way to get them all will be to use lootboxes ?

I honestly don't understand the removal of trading Motes/Embers to Figments.

Knowing that the only way to obtain Figments by playing will now be the wrappers for festivals, 5 times a year, is just a shame and I don't see how we'll be dealing with new deco/cosmetics you may add in the futur. If you add a new deco item at 7,500 figments, it will takes us almost a year to gather the figments needed....
    D&Co du Milieu (English - French): Housing Magazine & database.
    LesBalladesDeYao: A big unexplored world.

Confession: I use all my Ember and Motes of Enchantment for Figments of Splendour. I honestly avoided doing the festivals because of the trivial amount you are rewarded. I don't like the fact that new decorations are going to cost more than they are now or how they are removing the conversion rate.

However, there are two things that might change this around: if they increased the amount you earn from the festival dailies and added other opportunities. I recall one Harvestmath when they included the Curator and the amount of Figments of Splendour were obscenely higher than usual. We aren't talking the usual 400. We are talking like 1000. Just as long as we can earn enough to obtain whatever new things there might be.

Quote Originally Posted by RubenRybnick View Post
    Ok, so let's talk about those changes.

I'm not going to talk about Embers & Motes and let this one for the others. I'm just going to talk about the very bad changes you'll make on Figments of Splendour.

Increasing the cap is a great idea, thank you for that.

Removing the trade between Motes/Embers to Figments is the worst change ever !!!

That means, that the only way to obtain Figments in the futur will be : Lootboxes & Festivals.

Festival is ok, but someone with 0 figments right now, will only be able to obtain ~2000 Figments at each festival in the futur.
    Which means ~10,000 Figments a year. Currently, with that, you can barter for 2/3 housing items depending on the prices. That's a shame. Each year, we got ~15 new housing items for figments, and you're telling us now that, basically, the only way to get them all will be to use lootboxes ?

I honestly don't understand the removal of trading Motes/Embers to Figments.

Knowing that the only way to obtain Figments by playing will now be the wrappers for festivals, 5 times a year, is just a shame and I don't see how we'll be dealing with new deco/cosmetics you may add in the futur. If you add a new deco item at 7,500 figments, it will takes us almost a year to gather the figments needed....
    Altough im really not a cosmetics person i also find it very weird and nonsense for them to remove the 1k ember/mote to figment trade. It's a bad change. But the worst change is by far embers not dropping from ashing instance gear anymore.

Totally agree, worst move, not only are they preventing conversion in to the figments, which is what i did with basically all my currencies, but they are Also increasing the cost of new items going forward, doubly whammy !! WTH

Will this not be easier to directly replace embers and figments to $ ?
    And maybe if you pay more $, the curator comes more than 3 times per year^^

When I saw the note on increasing the currency caps I had a naive hope these changes were going to be positive...

The grind for figments is obscene as it is - currently the curator has over 300,000 figments worth of cosmetics to barter for.

To remove the conversion of motes and embers is clearly a big middle finger from SSG pointing right to the store. In fact that is all this change is.

Quote Originally Posted by ItaOperor View Post
    When I saw the note on increasing the currency caps I had a naive hope these changes were going to be positive...

The grind for figments is obscene as it is - currently the curator has over 300,000 figments worth of cosmetics to barter for.

To remove the conversion of motes and embers is clearly a big middle finger from SSG pointing right to the store. In fact that is all this change is.
    And reading about the tremendous cap increase for embers and motes...but figment cap just doubled. And without conversion from motes and embers I'm off worse than before. I just won't have the figment cosmetic option anymore. The more they push the store for gambling the less likely I'm to buy.

I NEVER use motes, unless its converting them to figments.
    Hey, who stole my sig?

This is a terrible change for figments. There'll be no way to obtain them other than the store. A whole lot of content will become pointless overnight as I only ran it to get motes to convert to figments.
    If motes have become too abundant I would suggest a change in the conversion rate instead? Perhaps 1000 motes -> 500 figments. Otherwise there won't be much to do in game.
    The removal of the ember exchange I don't understand at all, that should stay 1000 for 1000.

Unhappy I am no longer excited for updates

That’s all it is now. SSG is more concerned about getting money for figments and embers than actually producing quality content.

I really hope people do not pay a single dollar for LPs/mithril/figments/ etc.
    At the end of the day are you going to think “wow I am all glad I spent hundreds (or thousands) of dollars on all that game that no longer is available.
    Worthless, meaningless, and imaginary items.

SSG is better off figuring out how to make VIP even better to encourage ppl to subscribe if they want a viable & stable revenue stream.

These “updates” only push casual VIPs to quitting in general and really doesn’t help motivate new people to play.

The majority of players are not obsessed & loaded with cash. And the majority of ppl with a ton of money recognize scams when they see it.

I am a VIP contributor who is no longer excited about future updates. Well done SSG!

Quote Originally Posted by RubenRybnick View Post

Ouch, just ouch! I never heard of this. I am so not looking forward to that.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Festival is not ok too being the only source. It would be ok if they would add new fest every season with new quests and stuff. I really cba doing same quests on daily basis for years. For how long Winter home is here with no changes at all? And mind you winter fest is actually easiest to farm.
    Neere | Laurelin

It's not just that the caps are increasing, but that new items will have their prices increased. If you increase the cap and increase the cost by the same (the latter being conjecture), it's just unnecessary inflation. Everything has been devalued, whether it's due to cost/cap bloat or the loss of utility from lack of conversions.

Give it to SSG to create a problem where there was none. This could have been a goodwill cap increase, but it's tainted.

I logged in many days at the previous cap to do dailies so I could stock up on embers and ember gear. Because I could always change them to figments and get things I wanted when I no longer needed gear. Same with motes. The incentive to do that is gone with these changes. I’ll just log in less and get off that hamster wheel.

Guess you didn't know you can get figments from loot boxes...
    What can men do against such reckless hate?

Troll slayer of Meneldor.

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieBrown View Post
    Guess you didn't know you can get figments from loot boxes...
    Didi, and I did, and I still converted over, and still didnt have everything I wanted, so increasing prices and no conversion just makes me want to play *less* because there's no way Im opening the sheer number of boxes this move will require.