We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cool Gundabad appreciation thread

I was positively surprised by this expansion, I think it's the best since Moria. Really loved the grand areas, the verticality and plotlines, to me it felt like a real "Tolkien adventure" with all the mysteries of the earlier ages and the exploration. If I had to be nitpicky there's still the issue of the lag, recycled assets and some lore breaking aspects, but it is what it is.

I do hope future content stays on this level, back when Dol Amroth released I thought this game was done, happy to see cosy LOTRO still going strong.

I personally liked Dol Amroth through Pelennor Fields as it was the last time I could do then T2 instances well. I did enjoy North Ithilien but hated hated the wastes and loathed Mordor. The dwarf stuff and Lake stuff after Mordor was fine. No complaints really. I skipped war of 3 peaks. But I'm glad I went ahead and bought Gundabad. I haven't played this much in years and it was good. Took 4 characters through. Even blue LM was pleasant.

The problems in Colvengap were a shame. For me I hated Moria and have never done all of it even on one character. So Deepscrave reminded me of Moria. Could never find the right 'level' where I'm supposed to be going. Aside from that it was all very nice. I especially liked the Welkins and Câr Bronach. Why? Because they're outside!

Why is most of my gear yellow? I dunno. To shame me? The overall stats are in the ballpark of my Vales stats, so it is really purple+. hmm crit and finesse are down maybe 3 points and mitigations are down 10 points. But damage is about the same and morale is way up.

Overall it's a B+ It would be an A- if T2 and T3 of the instances gave good gear.

I, personally, like Landscape questing more than instances, raids. Many of us liked Mordor because it was the first landscape zones with difficulty in a long time. I believe its been toned down since.