We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How is red beorning now with all the changes the last year?

Red bear is one of the most adjusted specs the last year, but hardly anyone talks about it!

Changes to expose now working as an debuff, changes to human form abilities now scaling off main-hand damage only so no need to swap weapons in combat and the LI changes and several damage buffs and still no one seems to be bothering with red beorning.

Is this spec being slept on because of being historical bad or is their output and what they bring to the table still one of the worst despite all the changes and tweaks? I can imagine Relentless Maul still being a PITA to use in group play but surely the output has increased vastly considering everything.

Anyone seen any numbers lately?
    Last edited by Winzhi; Feb 02 2022 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winzhi View Post
    Red bear is one of the most adjusted specs the last year, but hardly anyone talks about it!

Changes to expose now working as an debuff, changes to human form abilities now scaling off main-hand damage only so no need to swap weapons in combat and the LI changes and several damage buffs and still no one seems to be bothering with red beorning.

Is this spec being slept on because of being historical bad or is their output and what they bring to the table still one of the worst despite all the changes and tweaks? I can imagine Relentless Maul still being a PITA to use in group play but surely the output has increased vastly considering everything.

Anyone seen any numbers lately?
    Red bear is actually pretty viable rn. Red bear is able to push numbers to 400k DPS and up. Depending on traiting it brings a bunch of support to the table, Armour Crush, Bees, Expose. I guess it might even be a viable option for endcontent raiding t3+. Only reason not to might be, that yBear also brings most of this to the table, plus raidwide heal, vicious claws support and -outgoing dmg debuff (just forgot the name). I think that will highly depend on which Heal combo the raid will require. Probably we'll end up with a Mini/Blue RK or Mini/Blue Cappy Combo and Red Bear (Bear will still be mandate due to its powerful debuffs.

I think major factor why it's so quiet about bear is a) few people play red Bear on competitive level and b) most groups will still consider it as the classic A+ Healer (some don't know about red/blue utility, some do but think yBear still brings more to the table)

Edit: Downside of Red Bear in a raid scenario may be, that it already benefits from its strong debuffs, that many classes will be skyrocketing, while Bear will benefit from raid buffs/debuffs, but not as greatly as classes like champs/hunters.
    Last edited by Nicname; Feb 02 2022 at 06:14 AM.
    Warden - Nicl - lvl130
    LM - Telperinor - lvl130
    Burglar - Nicsa - lvl130
    RK - Telpinquar - lvl130

Red bear was doing some really strong numbers following the update, BloodofLoki was really pushing the limits of damage, and I would love to have directed you to some of his videos, but his youtube channel seems to have disappeared.

Red definitely competes with Yellow for debuffs and whatnot, but the damage is strong, and if it's something you wanted to pursue it would be a strong choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggsworth View Post
    BloodofLoki was really pushing the limits of damage, and I would love to have directed you to some of his videos, but his youtube channel seems to have disappeared.
    This caught my attention. Just double-checked and cannot find his channel either. Drat. That player did some crazy stuff that demolished the limits of what is possible in this game.
    Ngaemond 140 Cpt | Ngeowyn 140 Wrd | Ngali 140 Ch | Ngorbadoc 140 Hnt | Ngollwydha Brg 140 | Ngureth 140 Lm | Ngoin 140 Min | | Ngori 140 Rk | Ngeorn 140 Beor | Ngurin 140 Grd | Ngalin 140 Br
    Arkenstone (formerly Windfola)