We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hi devs,

We at Exiles of Arnor + some friends have tested the new raid, b1 and b2 on T2 and found some things that we thought require feedback.

Mechanics B1
    This fight consists of 3 frost giants, Kvethar, Threkvegg and Armod. All 3 bring their own mechanics.

Kvethar can give a yellow and blue eye.
    The yellow eye targets 1 player and that person and all other players around him will get a knockback away from their position opposite where Kvethar currently is. This mechanic makes playing this fight rely heavily on using the corners of the gate behind them, which makes a fight that I feel is supposed to feel dynamic, feel super static. The severity of the knockbacks should be lower, and maybe add a debuff to anyone getting hit by it, which would make getting out of the area mandatory, and make the fight more dynamic, and less reliant on using gate mechanics.

The blue eye makes the target drop a blizzard in an area for a while.

Threskvegg applies a bleed on the tank, doesn't seem to do anything else worth noting on T2.

Armod applies a bleed on the tank and does random frontal knockbacks. Knockback severity once again makes this fight rely heavily on the gate behind it. The bleed is very low.

This fight is very easily 1 tankable on T2 atm.

Bugs B1
    1. If you keep running while dropping the blue eye, you don't get the bleed, if you're standing still you do get the bleed.
    2. Pets (LM/cappy) were able to be knocked behind the gate, sometimes able to attack from there, sometimes not.
    3. Bleeds expire when reaching rank 10 --> This seems to be the bug that makes it easily 1 tankable.
    4. Both sides of the gate entrance have an area where you don't quite fall off the edge, but you do get 1 shot as if you've fallen.

Add pulls B1 to B2
    The big blue dragons are applying a debuff on the tank which decreases the tac mit by 10% each tier (stacks up to 10).
    - - - - -> You can avoid to get the debuff if you stay in the puddle provided by the adds. As long as you stay in them, you can´t recieve the debuff. If you stay in the puddles of the adds you will gain 20% morale dmg each 2 sec.
    ^This might be a mechanic, and this was also possible in Anvil, but it still feels exploit-y.

Mechanics B2
    This fight consists of Thrall-lord Dushtalbuk and his minions.

A lot of the mechanics seemed to be working, and this fight seems like it might be a lot of fun. The dps race mechanic at the end is a little old now, and is very unoriginal. However, I have no idea which mechanic to replace this with.

Bugs B2
    Without going into all the mechanics of the adds, let me give direct feedback on some "broken" ones.
    1. When Dushy goes green at 75/50/25% he wants the players to hide, and there are pillars on the side which make this possible. However, currently, staying in the middle on T2 does a very minor amount of damage, making this mechanic skipable. Also, whenever you do move behind the pillars, you still get hit by the AOE hit sometimes.
    2. In the add waves the boss summons some orcs called "Callers", who put a 'Grisly Effigy' debuff on the tank which makes the tank unable to bpe and lowers their tactical mitigations. This debuff specifically makes guard CDs and Warden (kekw) kinda useless here. If you want yellow cappy to reign supreme for another expansion, then by all means keep this debuff, but I liked that other tanks were given a chance again as of late, so this just seems like a step away from that again.
    3. The same 'bug' you can use on the add wave from B1 to B2 can also be used on the third add wave in the boss fight.

We did this run on 4 Feb. Hope this helps, thanks for reading!

Stealth
    Last edited by Stealthiness; Feb 07 2022 at 11:37 AM.
    +Moose+ tells you, 'Do you still need me to put the smack down on this foe??'

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthiness View Post
    Hi devs,

We at Exiles of Arnor + some friends have tested the new raid, b1 and b2 on T2 and found some things that we thought require feedback.

Mechanics B1
    This fight consists of 3 frost giants, Kvethar, Threkvegg and Armod. All 3 bring their own mechanics.

Kvethar can give a yellow and blue eye.
    The yellow eye targets 1 player and that person and all other players around him will get a knockback away from their position opposite where Kvethar currently is. This mechanic makes playing this fight rely heavily on using the corners of the gate behind them, which makes a fight that I feel is supposed to feel dynamic, feel super static. The severity of the knockbacks should be lower, and maybe add a debuff to anyone getting hit by it, which would make getting out of the area mandatory, and make the fight more dynamic, and less reliant on using gate mechanics.

The blue eye makes the target drop a blizzard in an area for a while.

Threskvegg applies a bleed on the tank, doesn't seem to do anything else worth noting on T2.

Armod applies a bleed on the tank and does random frontal knockbacks. Knockback severity once again makes this fight rely heavily on the gate behind it. The bleed is very low.

This fight is very easily 1 tankable on T2 atm.

Bugs B1
    1. If you keep running while dropping the blue eye, you don't get the bleed, if you're standing still you do get the bleed.
    2. Pets (LM/cappy) were able to be knocked behind the gate, sometimes able to attack from there, sometimes not.
    3. Bleeds expire when reaching rank 10 --> This seems to be the bug that makes it easily 1 tankable.
    4. Both sides of the gate entrance have an area where you don't quite fall off the edge, but you do get 1 shot as if you've fallen.

Add pulls B1 to B2
    The big blue dragons are applying a debuff on the tank which decreases the tac mit by 10% each tier (stacks up to 10).
    - - - - -> You can avoid to get the debuff if you stay in the puddle provided by the adds. As long as you stay in them, you can´t recieve the debuff. If you stay in the puddles of the adds you will gain 20% morale dmg each 2 sec.
    ^This might be a mechanic, and this was also possible in Anvil, but it still feels exploit-y.

Mechanics B2
    This fight consists of Thrall-lord Dushtalbuk and his minions.

A lot of the mechanics seemed to be working, and this fight seems like it might be a lot of fun. The dps race mechanic at the end is a little old now, and is very unoriginal. However, I have no idea which mechanic to replace this with.

Bugs B2
    Without going into all the mechanics of the adds, let me give direct feedback on some "broken" ones.
    1. When Dushy goes green at 75/50/25% he wants the players to hide, and there are pillars on the side which make this possible. However, currently, staying in the middle on T2 does a very minor amount of damage, making this mechanic skipable.
    2. In the add waves the boss summons some orcs called "Callers", who put a 'Grisly Effigy' debuff on the tank which makes the tank unable to bpe and lowers their tactical mitigations. This debuff specifically makes guard CDs and Warden (kekw) kinda useless here. If you want yellow cappy to reign supreme for another expansion, then by all means keep this debuff, but I liked that other tanks were given a chance again as of late, so this just seems like a step away from that again.
    3. The same 'bug' you can use on the add wave from B1 to B2 can also be used on the third add wave in the boss fight.

We did this run on 4 Feb. Hope this helps, thanks for reading!

Stealth

I didn’t do T2 at all but spent a lot of time last week testing T3.

Boss 1 can’t be single tanked in T3 IMO so tank DoT’s are scaled properly for that. I believe the DoT’s are supposed to expire and working as intended. They stun the tank for 7? seconds on tier 3. Not sure if this is a thing in T2 either, but in T3 the melee brothers give each other a -50% incoming damage debuff while they’re in a certain range of one another.

As far as the punts go, they’re the major issue with the encounter. There are basically 1-2 places where the group/tanks can stand without risking RNG of someone getting double punted off the platform.

Boss 2 on tier 3 is actually pretty fun. The Warlord’s slam was partially fixed in the last BR. Currently he does the slam and it’s a 1 shot in T3 but the hiding spot doesn’t work. The final phase isn’t really a DPS race. To me it seemed more of a timing mechanic where you drop a chain to reset his enrage buffs/debuffs at the right time, all while having your tanks rotate CD’s and aggro. I personally really enjoyed this encounter and can’t wait to see what mechanics they add for T4/5.

Quote Originally Posted by gaara908776 View Post
    The final phase isn’t really a DPS race. To me it seemed more of a timing mechanic where you drop a chain to reset his enrage buffs/debuffs at the right time, all while having your tanks rotate CD’s and aggro. I personally really enjoyed this encounter and can’t wait to see what mechanics they add for T4/5.
    In that case the chains need to be fixed for T2. We weren't able to attack them. Although in the rendition we tried him, we could nuke him without using chains. We failed by like 80m but were only 7 in the raid.
    +Moose+ tells you, 'Do you still need me to put the smack down on this foe??'