We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Password reset email never comes

My brother in law has been trying to log back to the game since not playing for a few years. We were excited for him to play with us, but he cannot get a password reset email to show up when requesting through the SSG account page.
    When you click link to reset password it never comes.
    I tried it myself, no email ever comes. My husband tried too, no email ever shows up.
    Yes we have checked spam and trash folders.

It's very frustrating for a returning player to not be able to log in and for us as well who want to play with him.

Can someone at SSG check into this password reset email not sending to account holders?

Probably his account has been stolen, as for a lot of people here. So, you have to open a ticket to the support and wait a lot. I'm waiting since May 2021. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Tokinux-1 View Post
    Probably his account has been stolen, as for a lot of people here. So, you have to open a ticket to the support and wait a lot. I'm waiting since May 2021. Good luck
    Then why would current players like myself and my husband and a few others in kinship also not receiving a password reset email? That would be a rather large coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyMountains View Post
    Then why would current players like myself and my husband and a few others in kinship also not receiving a password reset email? That would be a rather large coincidence.
    Yes, well, big problem there. I'm waiting for an answer on the very same problem your in law has for almost a year now. Keep us informed if anything happens.

Here's one thing you could try: let your brother in law try and make a new game account using the e-mail he had on his original account. If he can, there's been a mess up at SSG's part because somehow his e-mail was erased from his account. (That's what happened to me I guess.) What needs to happen then is have customer support (if that really exists) link his original e-mail back to his original account. It's been done before, you can find a thread about it in this forum.
    If he can't make a new account using his original e-mail, that means it is still linked to an account somehow. In that case, username and password recovery should work. Different problem there, which might be easier to fix.
    Also, just to make sure: try making an account with the username you used before. That way you can check if the original account still exists. If this works (and you can make the account), there's BIG trouble. You could also check if his toons are still in the game, that's another way of making sure his account still exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Alathair8 View Post
    Here's one thing you could try: let your brother in law try and make a new game account using the e-mail he had on his original account. If he can, there's been a mess up at SSG's part because somehow his e-mail was erased from his account. (That's what happened to me I guess.) What needs to happen then is have customer support (if that really exists) link his original e-mail back to his original account. It's been done before, you can find a thread about it in this forum.
    If he can't make a new account using his original e-mail, that means it is still linked to an account somehow. In that case, username and password recovery should work. Different problem there, which might be easier to fix.
    Also, just to make sure: try making an account with the username you used before. That way you can check if the original account still exists. If this works (and you can make the account), there's BIG trouble. You could also check if his toons are still in the game, that's another way of making sure his account still exists.
    Thank you for the reply. All of his toons are still in our kinship, and have been for 10 years now. I will have him try your suggestions.

I also tested it trying to get my user name sent to me, and no email either. I am a current player. No email comes to yahoo mail. Yes checked spam and trash folders.
    Side note: I do know my user name and password so I AM able to log in, but was testing it as if I did NOT know.
    Brother in law still has his toons showing in our kinship, he still can't play with us because no password email come. Sucks because we want to play with him again.
    Last edited by MistyMountains; Mar 09 2022 at 10:51 AM.

Two things it could be. Back in 2019 SSG reset all the passwords for accounts not played for a while. We had several months worth off attacks by gold spammers who'd somehow hijacked game accounts & the accounts were being reported & presumably blacklisted.

I recently had the same issue, an account I last used in November now won't open.
    I put a bug report in, but as others have said getting any sort of response from SSG about this doesn't seem to be something that happens.

Co-incidentally I put a report in about issues with my main account & had a reply within 48hours. Looks like it's only these banjaxed account issues they have no answer for
    No King, No Law, Utopia!

This is super disappointing to read. Both my friend and I tried to return to the game after several years and cannot get a password reset email. It's a shame to see there is no quick turnaround for this. My friend has already given up and now that i've read there won't be a timely response...I don't have much hope.

I was on the game with my other account. I had trouble with my enter key sticking and it was messing up my keymapping in general. I shut down the game. While I was on I bought some reputation boosts since the whole purpose was to get my hunter the Guide to the Angle of Mxyzptlk skill. I got the email telling me about that purchase. It was less than 2 minutes from that email till I tried to log back on. It said my password was wrong. I never got the email for password reset. So by the logic of this thread, in that maybe 3 minute span, someone hacked my account. So someone had to find out my password which is not a real word in any sense, has random capitalized letters and symbols and numbers. That has only ever been used on one computer. It’s possible I suppose, but it brings up another point. Most of my games, if not all of them, send me an email if I change my password. SSG most certainly doesn’t do that.

But that brings up the point, how does one open a ticket if they can’t even log onto the web site, much less the game?

Update, it doesn’t send the email for this backup account either. I got my one friend to try and no email for him either. None in regular, suspicious or spam email folders. And neither of these accounts were hacked. No one has logged onto the bad account or used the credit card attached to it. The password reset emails are clearly not being sent. But I can’t try again on my main account for 18 more hours because I tried too many times. The part you don’t want to work right now is the only part working.

Contributing to this post to raise awareness because I'm currently going through the same thing! Lifetime account since beta 2007. Last played in 2019. Forgot my password and the email will not arrive. Support took 2 weeks to get back with me and after giving some more account information, they said that the issue "has been escalated to the proper department." It's been six days since that message. I was grateful for the reply but after scrolling through these forums, I'm worried that I'll never see my lifetime account again.

Quote Originally Posted by MozamMax View Post
    Contributing to this post to raise awareness because I'm currently going through the same thing! Lifetime account since beta 2007. Last played in 2019. Forgot my password and the email will not arrive. Support took 2 weeks to get back with me and after giving some more account information, they said that the issue "has been escalated to the proper department." It's been six days since that message. I was grateful for the reply but after scrolling through these forums, I'm worried that I'll never see my lifetime account again.
    I have had the same thing happen, lifetime account and all. It has been escalated to the proper department and then nothing. Unbelievably bad customer support.

I have had the same issue - a lifetime subscription that I got locked out of with no email sent on the password reset. It has been almost 4 months and still have heard nothing from the so-called customer support