We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation Out Going Healing 70% cap yet 80%

Greetings!

so i know OGH is 70% cap, is there a point raising it up to 80% and up?

will i get diminishing returns if it goes to 71%?

my crit is cap.

thanks for reading.

The 70% cap is from rating. It's what people call soft cap as it cannot be raised beyond said number adding any more outgoing healing rating and can only be increased by raw % bonuses (like minstrel's Soothing Voice trait which makes it 80%)
    Captain-General Narthrivor r15 Hunter - r12 Warden - r12 Champion - r10 Captain - r6 Guardian - r9 Reaver - r9 Warg

what if i get it up to 80% using gear like jewels and armour, will i still be healing 70% even though my OGH is at 80%.

Quote Originally Posted by imheretoask View Post
    what if i get it up to 80% using gear like jewels and armour, will i still be healing 70% even though my OGH is at 80%.
    You cannot raise OGH percentage above 70% by adding more rating. Percentage values from skills, passives, equipment, ... can and will raise your OGH percentage above 70%.

Check you skill's tooltips. You'll see an increase when raising OGH above 70%.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorikon View Post
    You cannot raise OGH percentage above 70% by adding more rating. Percentage values from skills, passives, equipment, ... can and will raise your OGH percentage above 70%.

Check you skill's tooltips. You'll see an increase when raising OGH above 70%.
    do you have a screen shot of something that's like a before and after or something, sorry for asking, but if you're able to, that would be great.

The flat cap for every class is 70% which is around 2.5mil in flat value. From there you can only increase it with % buffs of skills or traits.
    For example as a Minstrel you get +10% ogh with ressonance stance. Which then shows the cap, if you reached it before, as 80%. Further tact mastery or ogh value will not increase this %. If you have 67% and change to ressonance stance you will end up at 77%. But because you haven't reached the 2.5mil ogh value you can increase it to 80% still, when adding more ogh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fureo View Post
    The flat cap for every class is 70% which is around 2.5mil in flat value. From there you can only increase it with % buffs of skills or traits.
    For example as a Minstrel you get +10% ogh with ressonance stance. Which then shows the cap, if you reached it before, as 80%. Further tact mastery or ogh value will not increase this %. If you have 67% and change to ressonance stance you will end up at 77%. But because you haven't reached the 2.5mil ogh value you can increase it to 80% still, when adding more ogh.
    I certainly don't want to hijak this thread but does anyone know the incoming healing cap% is? As a tank I've been having discussions with other tanks in kin about slotting more of that instead of vitality once you hit mitigation caps.

Quote Originally Posted by bcowan View Post
    I certainly don't want to hijak this thread but does anyone know the incoming healing cap% is? As a tank I've been having discussions with other tanks in kin about slotting more of that instead of vitality once you hit mitigation caps.
    25% from rating, can be found on lotro.wiki, above that you need raw % buffs. Nowadays you do get a decent amount of inc healing on gear on top of race/class bonuses/traits.
    Captain-General Narthrivor r15 Hunter - r12 Warden - r12 Champion - r10 Captain - r6 Guardian - r9 Reaver - r9 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by imheretoask View Post
    You will heal more if your tooltip says 80% VS 70%, can even see it in you healing skill tooltips. I dont think its like night and day difference but it is differnet.

math something like this:

you heal 100% without any OGH:

at 70% you are healijng for 170%
    at 80% you are healing for 180%

so its 10%/170% more or .058....5.8% more

notice each 10% you add is less % so people call it diminishing returns

compare to the first 10%
    100%
    110%

10/100 = 10% (vs the 5.8% from the 10% upgrade from 70 to 80)

All that said the actual change in healing raw number should be the same for every 10%...just that $100 to a guy with a $million doesn't mean as much as $100 to a homeless person.

Thats my interpretation and i'm sure i got details wrong somewhere.