We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Relics in the New LI System

I just discovered that relics could be "refined" into shards/heritage runes. I had a crapload of relic boxes on my main, and deconned them mainly to get blue pills.

During this process:

1) I discovered that the xpac-specific relics (Dead City, Elderslade, Three Peaks, etc) cannot be deconned (or "refined"). And, of course, I cannot remove any relics from my old LIs. Similarly, a number of my toons with these relics cannot decon them because they are too-low level. I don't expect to level these characters any higher, and so the old stuff just wastes valuable vault space. Can we have a means to decon them on a sliding scale?

2) I now have a #### ton of shards that have no purpose. Is there a plan for shards?

3) I have {[Tome of Continuing Item Experience][3 +25% Legendary Item XP Tomes (60 min)}that seem to no longer have a purpose (or I'm not sure of their affect on the new LI system). They cannot be deconned. These seem to be rewarded from the intro gift boxes.

4) I have some character-bound traceries, enhancement runes, and other items that I cannot use on that character due to level restrictions and they cannot be deconned. I am loathe to just destroy them. Shouldn't all these items be account-bound, or can we have means to decon or meld them?

5) The Enhancement Rune situation is a huge mess. It's inevitable that I'll have lower-level runes that I can't use. Would it be possible to add a means to decon/meld these items into level-appropriate items? I loathe having them take up valuable inventory space.

6) I have a number of old LI things that can be deconned into Ancient Script, but am prevented from doing so due to the currency cap. These are things like legacy replacement scrolls, legacy scrolls, empowerment scrolls, scrolls of combination, etc. Maybe these items can be deconned for small amounts that bypass the caps?
    Last edited by jewahe; Mar 22 2022 at 11:01 AM.
    Jewahe

Quote Originally Posted by jewahe View Post
    I just discovered that relics could be "refined" into shards/heritage runes. I had a crapload of relic boxes on my main, and deconned them mainly to get blue pills.

During this process:

1) I discovered that the xpac-specific relics (Dead City, Elderslade, Three Peaks, etc) cannot be deconned (or "refined"). And, of course, I cannot remove any relics from my old LIs. Similarly, a number of my tunes with these relics cannot decon them because they are too-low level. I don't expect to level these characters any higher, and so the old stuff just wastes valuable vault space. Can we have a means to decon them on a sliding scale?

2) I now have a #### ton of shards that have no purpose. Is there a plan for shards?

3) I have {[Tome of Continuing Item Experience][3 +25% Legendary Item XP Tomes (60 min)}that seem to no longer have a purpose (or I'm not sure of their affect on the new LI system). They cannot be deconned. These seem to be rewarded from the intro gift boxes.

4) I have some character-bound traceries, enhancement runes, and other items that I cannot use on that character due to level restrictions and they cannot be deconned. I am loathe to just destroy them. Shouldn't all these items be account-bound, or can we have means to decon or meld them?

5) The Enhancement Rune situation is a huge mess. It's inevitable that I'll have lower-level runes that I can't use. Would it be possible to add a means to decon/meld these items into level-appropriate items? I loathe having them take up valuable inventory space.

6) I have a number of old LI things that can be deconned into Ancient Script, but am prevented from doing so due to the currency cap. These are things like legacy replacement scrolls, legacy scrolls, empowerment scrolls, scrolls of combination, etc. Maybe these items can be deconned for small amounts that bypass the caps?
    I can appreciate your dilemma. I have a bunch of that type of stuff also and it shows how complex the previous Legendary system was.
    So many things to collect. So much to store. So much to juggle.
    I hope they learned a lesson and do not re-create that complexity.

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

1) That would be nice.

2) Answer hazy, ask again later.

3) These should still boost your LIXP, though it's hard to say since the reward track doesn't use numbers.

4) Maybe one day, but I would toss them.

5) Sell them.

6) Unlikely. The cap doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    1) That would be nice.

2) Answer hazy, ask again later.

3) These should still boost your LIXP, though it's hard to say since the reward track doesn't use numbers.

4) Maybe one day, but I would toss them.

5) Sell them.

6) Unlikely. The cap doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.
    Did you get those answers from a Magic 8-Ball?

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

Quote Originally Posted by jewahe View Post

During this process:

1) I discovered that the xpac-specific relics (Dead City, Elderslade, Three Peaks, etc) cannot be deconned (or "refined"). And, of course, I cannot remove any relics from my old LIs.
    Hmmm... are you sure about that? When I use a Relic Removal Scroll, it offers me a choice of old LIs from which to unslot relics. I didn't go to the next step, of course, because I'm holding onto my Relic Removal Scrolls in case unslotted relics get a trade-in. But it certainly looks to me like unslotting is still possible.

When they had that sale recently on the MM and WoTP expansions I upgraded both of mine to higher tiers. At least one of them came with some relics. Now all of my characters have a bunch of relics - that were once valuable - that they can do nothing with. The flame does not work on the relic boxes, and if you open them, the relics go into your old LI panel, but cannot be refined like old relics could. The option just isn't there.