We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Nerd of the Rings Interview with LOTRO's Loremaster

Last night Matt (Nerd of the Rings) interviewed Chris Pierson who is the loremaster on team creating LOTRO, its great interview to listen to on how they Adapt Tolkien's work into game and much more.

Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

I normally love to listen to these alongside my time playing the game.

Can we get a go fund me started to get our resident Lore Master a better quality mic?
    Hurth, Warden
    Barst, Guardian
    Xiox, Reaver

Love it, thanks for sharing! Always so interesting to hear how they name things.

It's funny my sister had a book just about the language, it has a bunch of pages with possible names tolkien used. You could see them use them sparingly here and there. I bet early in that spreadsheet someone had the task of typing these in.

Infact it's funny my original name in-game was Bohbashum as seen here. It comes from that very book. It may be mispelt where it should be Bohbahshum or 'Shum' at the end is like 'Shúm' or 'Shám' or a like. And potentially start like Bhobashum instead of my spelling. I just thought Bohbashum looked better, and then it just converted to Bubushum. But it means "Cook" in Orcish I believe. I may be wrong. I've been waiting to see them use the name and I'm pretty sure they were really really close.

Thats one name... It took me a long time to make... I knew it was silly, I know it was wrong, but it was unique and interesting and fit lore in a cool way...

I can not imagine doing that 1000+ times!!!

Feel free to use my name or variants if he helps. I won't boast I helped. Just can't imagine doing that job without going crazy like this...

Level 140: Burg, Captain, Guard, Brawler, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Champ, Warden, Rune-Keeper, Beorning

that's awesome!

Great Interview!

See the movies to fall in love with Tolkien lore (or watch Nerd of the rings videos).

Play LOTRO TO LIVE IN MIDDLE EARTH!

Quote Originally Posted by Firthelthir View Post

Play LOTRO TO LIVE IN MIDDLE EARTH!
    This is exactly why I play. People say that dreams never come true, but oh, are they wrong.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."