We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thank You, SSG

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidster View Post
    Cheers, excellent post!
    I too agree with this statement!

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian39 View Post
    OP here.

Great to see the positive (except for that ONE guy) posts here. I knew I wasn't alone in my feelings and situation, but it's nice to see some actual reinforcement of it!

As for that ONE guy, I play 14 characters, everyday, and I rotate one every few days to keep the game fresh. Except for the Warden - gotta make a chart or something for that one before I re-play them. (Memory getting bad, lol!)

Thalian from Gladden
    Here ya go. I use it.

A Google Spreadsheet of the Warden Gambits -
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=615876393
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    Here ya go. I use it.

A Google Spreadsheet of the Warden Gambits -
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=615876393
    Looked at that spreadsheet. *shudder*
    Glad I never tried Warden.
    Surer than ever that I never WILL try warden.

That is why the Warden is a premium class, just like the Lore-master...

Wardens are fun. Almost as much fun as Lore-masters.

Takes thought and planning to play effectively, and the class is a challenge.

That is why I came up with the Spreadsheet.
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules

and Star Citizen…

[B]I am 65 now and have been playing lotro right around seven years now one of the main reasons I play it in 2022 is to try and forget what is happening to my great country of America. I also believe it is wonderful brain food as well.

51 here and also dealing with chronical issues. Thanks for your post, I totally agree with it.

N

Except for the Warden - gotta make a chart or something for that one before I re-play them. (Memory getting bad, lol!)
    Forget the spreadsheets, graphic overlays and flowcharts that look like a mandala, or memorizing a rotation. For solo and friendly casual group play, you can face-roll your way through most of this game. But do take a look at the mod WardenEase2. It will provide a simple grid showing you all the gambits you can use, and only the ones you can use. Hover over one to get a tooltip telling you vaguely what that gambit does. Click on one and you’ll get a display of the gambit builders needed for that gambit. It’s good for learning the gambits, or for not learning them and just relying on the mod to guide you through all but the most rudimentary ones.

edit to respond to Gandolf_TheDouchebag’s ignorant comment below: Since the mod pulls its information – including the gambits you are currently able to use and the gambit names and tooltips and the gambit builder sequences for each gambit – from the live game data as the mod is loaded, the fact that it is “8 years out of date” doesn’t matter. I’ve been using it for over a year and have never noticed a problem or a difference between what it displays and what is “live” in-game. Fortunately, due to the way this mod is constructed and the fairly small changes to the LUA API for LOTRO over the years, the age of the mod doesn’t affect its usability. I use a number of other very old mods, too, and they also work fine. Not all old mods do, but WardenEase2 still works as well now as it did the day its last version was released.
    Last edited by Tralfazz; Apr 08 2022 at 08:44 PM.

Forgot to mention one small detail, like all other Warden gambit plugins, WardenEase2 is out of date - 8 years out of date.

and Star Citizen…

Have fun and keep slaying those Orcs!
    Awesome post and a very circumspect perspective on the gaming world and the failure of some to appreciate how far we've come. Nice to see all those 60+ folks joining the thread

And yes keep killin those Orcs, isn't that what the game is all about?
    "Never argue with a fool, it's difficult to tell the difference"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2