We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    A compromise for the Blue line now lacking the ability to summon multiple pets at once would be to allow them to switch between pets without having to manually dismiss their existing pet. (Honestly I just want that for LMs in general.)

Maybe they'll look into returning Sic 'Em or adding something similar when servers are finally improved, which is gonna take them awhile. I wonder, though, if it was/is possible for Blue LMs to have a skill like Sic 'Em but instead of summoning all pets at once, it only summons one random pet. Though considering they also reworked Sticky Gourd and whatnot because of lag, I doubt it's possible right now. They could maybe add skills instead that summons pets 'visually' and applies their corresponding buffs/debuffs but doesn't actually summon the pets physically. They probably considered that but it would take time to animate and stuff so they went for the Potent Bird Seed animation (which I'd always found cool and wanted to have as a LM skill ever since) as a skill.
    Been playing LOTRO on and off since 4/16/2013! | - Landroval, Laurelin -

*'Deceiver' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ0RwCzh_xI - a LOTRO fan trailer I made, with voice acting attempt

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    The idea is not for Blue LM to replace a healer, a tank or the Yellow LM - but for the Blue LM to fulfil a DPS spot in its own right, which, if it received one more bump to its overall skill damage it would probably successfully do so, in the most recent BR#4 I was already parsing up to 450k DPS on a no-mit dummy in Blue-Red.
    Well, SSG increased Inner Flame buff and a slight bump to Lightning Storm.

So, to test this out I joined 2 different HH PUGs. One group told me not to use AOEs (which are the majority of my damage skills) and the other told not to have my pets attack (which kills pet triggered fellowship buffs).

SO, ya, that fell pretty flat

Quote Originally Posted by Loox View Post
    Well, SSG increased Inner Flame buff and a slight bump to Lightning Storm.

So, to test this out I joined 2 different HH PUGs. One group told me not to use AOEs (which are the majority of my damage skills) and the other told not to have my pets attack (which kills pet triggered fellowship buffs).

SO, ya, that fell pretty flat
    But elsewhere the Blue LM works quite nicely. Like the Moors ( complaints on a postcard please...send to....Not a raid type of guy/Ettenmoors deadend alley/PO Box LM1 ). Seriously...its serious serious fun ATM.

What I find enticing about the recent LM changes is that Gameplay often emulates life. My chap starts slow and finishes in a great flurry , and he is never happier than when he is taking on multiple targets at once. I cannot help but wonder if the total distributed damage of the LM is potentially the best in game. Lets face it the current LM is dishing the goods out left right and centre.

It could be argued that when the Lotro timeline is examined it becomes apparent that classes have their '15 mins of fame' before the batten is passed on. So in a similar fashion to the strength of the lvl75 Fangorn LM it looks like our limited time in the spotlight is back , however fleetingly , and the sooner other classes react to it the better.

I would also suggest that some Raid members/classes like the previous status quo and are behaving like a Consonant/Vowel/Consonant/consonant/Consonant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranak123 View Post
    But elsewhere the Blue LM works quite nicely. Like the Moors. Seriously...its serious serious fun ATM.

I would also suggest that some Raid members/classes like the previous status quo and are behaving like a Consonant/Vowel/Consonant/consonant/Consonant.
    Have you ever played a toon with inductions on damage, wearing cloth, and commanding pets? It will work on enemy NPCs because they are stupid, slow, and predictable, that's not the case against other players.

Ya, I would like to get the 4 PC. gear for the inner flame buff, just for testing if nothing else. It's kinda funny how there are blue tree rewards for some thing blue tree is shunned for using. I couldn't imagine chanting in the Moors.

Quote Originally Posted by Loox View Post
    Have you ever played a toon with inductions on damage, wearing cloth, and commanding pets? It will work on enemy NPCs because they are stupid, slow, and predictable, that's not the case against other players.

Ya, I would like to get the 4 PC. gear for the inner flame buff, just for testing if nothing else. It's kinda funny how there are blue tree rewards for some thing blue tree is shunned for using. I couldn't imagine chanting in the Moors.
    Oh my....why yes as it happens. I'm out at least twice a week on my r11 LM on Landy. I can recommend it.....great people both sides (on the whole lol ) and good fun and good comaraderie. Why dont you pop along and i'll show you around. I can asure you the creeps are neither stupid ,slow, or predictable. In fact , thats one of the main points of the Moors....they are real people that react with cunning and intelligence. No raid junkies in the moors just learning how to beat the latest programmed instance to pick up shiny rewards. Apologies for the slightly acerbic tone , but the Moors is for real players. I also Chant in the moors , and then kill creeps, its really quite effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranak123 View Post
    Oh my....why yes as it happens. I'm out at least twice a week on my r11 LM on Landy. I can recommend it.....great people both sides (on the whole lol ) and good fun and good comaraderie. Why dont you pop along and i'll show you around. I can asure you the creeps are neither stupid ,slow, or predictable. In fact , thats one of the main points of the Moors....they are real people that react with cunning and intelligence. No raid junkies in the moors just learning how to beat the latest programmed instance to pick up shiny rewards. Apologies for the slightly acerbic tone , but the Moors is for real players. I also Chant in the moors , and then kill creeps, its really quite effective.
    Very interesting I may pop over on a (soon to be) new alt to that server. Not this weekend, but soon

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5