We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Scoping out Servers

After finding out that this game is very much alive, I started to dig into how things are these days. I have a character on Crickhollow, but am going to be starting over because it's been so long.

Not sure what class yet, but primarily interested in playing a Dwarf. I have limited RP experience, and can sometimes be awkward, but I really like the atmosphere it can add to a game. I used to go to events in WoW and even if I didn't "participate, it was a lot of fun, but that was years ago. I've been scoping out this server and Landroval. I will probably only have time for one character right now.

Just trying to get a feel for what the socials are like right now, looks like everything is still active enough at least, which makes me happy. I recognize some old names like the Lonely Mountain Band too!

If I'm interested in playing the game at my pace, and trying to see all content, even the old stuff, can I do that here? Is it easy to get into player run events, even as a spectator/bystander? I really have a ton of questions, but they are all eluding me right now.

There are concerts most evenings somewhere in Bree, or at the festival grounds if a festival is on (the anniversary festival starts in a few days). Anyone is welcome to hang around and listen or dance or whatever. You may be able to make some RP contacts there. Some player events are posted here in the forums too.

If by "see all content" you mean running all the group content that's available, that may be tricky. Endgame group content is run a fair bit, earlier stuff not so much. Your best bet to find a kinship that helps lower levels with older content. Club Eclair is a group that progresses slowly through old content and may be able to give you a hand, they have some threads here in the forum.