We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A few hours to fix a satchel????????????

"We are continuing to work on fixing this issue and reopening the game worlds. We expect this work to continue for at least a few hours, and we will keep you updated."

Seriously? A few hours to fix a satchel? Bah. Runekeepers are not worth the effort. Gives us the precious now!

Sigh - I will have to get my daily fix tomorrow then - after elevenses.

Heh. If something big like this was missing from your character, I bet you would be saying the opposite. It is never a problem unless it happens to you.

*looks at OP's name* Checks out!

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    I pretty much translate this as:

- Europe: Go to bed now, you aren't going to get anything before midnight. Or play another game.
    - USA: If you are lucky, things MAY be up before dinner time.....
    - Australia: You lucky mates! You are asleep now, and it will probably be up by the time you wake up.....
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    I pretty much translate this as:

- Europe: Go to bed now, you aren't going to get anything before midnight. Or play another game.
    Ok! Since I stay up all night anyway, I'm going to play No Man's Sky until around midnight and then check the forums to see if the server is back up again, I might yet get to play a lil bit LOTRO before bedtime Thank you for the guesstimate, maartena
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Just give all RKs new satchels with gold traceries and max XP to compensate.
    Then we can all play the game
    Second Marshal Jevyan of Eldar
    : Mini LM RK Capt Champ Hunt Burg Guard Beorn R7: WL Def. Player from the beginning in 2007
    I can heal lots but I can't heal stupid

Quote Originally Posted by jevvy View Post
    Roll back the client to pre-patch, make an official apology, put the patch build on Bullroarer, and keep it there until there's absolutely no bugs, then put it to live unchanged from the working buold on Bullroarer.
    Eats like a Hobbit, drinks like a Dwarf, farts like an Orc...

Quote Originally Posted by jevvy View Post
    To be honest i prefer that.
    But we will get altreast 2-3 moreh hours downtime /from now/ then probably a rollback and who know what else will go wrong.
    Im not negative, just experienced ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    Roll back the client to pre-patch, make an official apology, put the patch build on Bullroarer, and keep it there until there's absolutely no bugs, then put it to live unchanged from the working buold on Bullroarer.
    Sorry fatty, wont happen.
    Absolutely no bugs= forever on BR
    I want my items, and play time, and i want it now. I dont care RK satchel / even if i have on end game geared, just toss them few AC and cashe with golden traceries. (they can replace mine with teal so you wont say that im greedy)
    Hope they bring server back asap

Has anyone got a...... (Missing required configuration value for[URL.DownloadFilesList]) when trying to log in.

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw481 View Post
    Has anyone got a...... (Missing required configuration value for[URL.DownloadFilesList]) when trying to log in.

Sry m8, outlaws not allowed...

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlin View Post
    Sry m8, outlaws not allowed...
    Did not know
    simpletons were allowed?

I just hope that this will cause them to look at testing practices and whether things are being rushed to the live servers.

It seems that everything since the brawler release has been pushed onto the live server before it was ready (even more than in the past). It seems that dates are being committed on public forums far earlier than they used to be and then the team scrambles to deliver on time. I would much prefer cautious speculation on delivery dates, or vague commitments on dates, and then early delivery if things go fortunately well. But maybe that's just me.

Wink

Cordovan :
    "We are continuing to work toward reopening the game worlds, but we expect this work to take at least a few hours. We will keep you updated."

1 hour later

Cordovan:
    "We are continuing to work toward reopening the game worlds, but we expect this work to take at least a few more hours. We will keep you updated."

We have some progression guys

Did not know
    simpletons were allowed?
    Yes m8, im all in, cant you feel it ?

(now seriously, cant you read? server is friking down from hours, for hours)

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Trainer of the Rabbits
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavlin View Post
    Cordovan :
    "We are continuing to work toward reopening the game worlds, but we expect this work to take at least a few hours. We will keep you updated."

1 hour later

Cordovan:
    "We are continuing to work toward reopening the game worlds, but we expect this work to take at least a few more hours. We will keep you updated."

We have some progression guys

Yes m8, im all in, cant you feel it ?

(now seriously, cant you read? server is friking down from hours, for hours)

1 day later on Twitter:
    "We are continuing to work toward reopening the game worlds, but we expect this work to take at least a few more days. We will keep you updated."

*scnr*

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post
    1 day later on Twitter:
    "We are continuing to work toward reopening the game worlds, but we expect this work to take at least a few more days. We will keep you updated."

*scnr*
    Will be back in next hour or two. (Imo)
    Patienceee

Anyone else?

I'm getting error messages:

Failed to read authentication response [err:unexpected end of file][line: 1][col:1]

Missing required configuration value for [URL.DownloadFilesList]!

I hope this isn't just me. I guess I hope this is due to the fixing going on.

Software can be hard. Sometimes.

Viniel, Minstrel -- (and others) -- Since 2007

Is there the tech to prevent anyone logging in or creating an RK for a short while?

With such a big patch we can hope there's a recent "save" point. That might be all they have going on atm if satchels have been dropped from the database as RK's logged out.

I've been pretty full on this week achieving things including a heavy session yesterday chasing down missing trait points that I'd not want to have to repeat in a hurry. Being it's on a Stoned char the usual exp bonus that comprises the usual compensation doesn't match the losses.

Perhaps we could get this release pushed onto Bullroarer for some interim testing... if it's going to be days in the fixing?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurefinde View Post
    I'm getting error messages:

Failed to read authentication response [err:unexpected end of file][line: 1][col:1]

Missing required configuration value for [URL.DownloadFilesList]!

I hope this isn't just me. I guess I hope this is due to the fixing going on.
    You're getting those messages because the servers are offline for extended maintenance to fix a serious issue with Runekeeper satchels. It's what this particular discussion is about, the servers being OFFLINE for the next few hours!
    Playing LotRO since 16th April 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by Calding View Post
    I just hope that this will cause them to look at testing practices and whether things are being rushed to the live servers.

It seems that everything since the brawler release has been pushed onto the live server before it was ready (even more than in the past). It seems that dates are being committed on public forums far earlier than they used to be and then the team scrambles to deliver on time. I would much prefer cautious speculation on delivery dates, or vague commitments on dates, and then early delivery if things go fortunately well. But maybe that's just me.
    Not just you by a lot - this has been asked for again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by DoRonRon View Post
    Is there the tech to prevent anyone logging in or creating an RK for a short while?

With such a big patch we can hope there's a recent "save" point. That might be all they have going on atm if satchels have been dropped from the database as RK's logged out.

I've been pretty full on this week achieving things including a heavy session yesterday chasing down missing trait points that I'd not want to have to repeat in a hurry. Being it's on a Stoned char the usual exp bonus that comprises the usual compensation doesn't match the losses.

Perhaps we could get this release pushed onto Bullroarer for some interim testing... if it's going to be days in the fixing?
    If I were speculating I would say you are safe with any progress up until the server shut down this morning for the update. It certainly seems, by the haste in which the servers came down, that we may get a database rollback to that point in time.
    But that does leave the question of whether they continue to try and find the bug with the satchels or also undo the patches and worst case push off the anniversary start date (if any of the update components were addressing that content).

Either way, only time will tell and nothing but patience will do us any good right now. Even in the worst of the extended downtime over the years they have always been good about bringing the worlds back up in a consistent state. And I am at a loss to recall when we have even had a loss of in game progress so it may be they can once again fix this without a rollback.

Even in the worst of the extended downtime over the years they have always been good about bringing the worlds back up in a consistent state. And I am at a loss to recall when we have even had a loss of in game progress so it may be they can once again fix this without a rollback.
    sometimes we even get scented hobbit candles for the inconvenience.....

:P
    ==Nec Hostium Timete, Nec Amicum Recusate==

If I were speculating I would say you are safe with any progress up until the server shut down this morning for the update. It certainly seems, by the haste in which the servers came down, that we may get a database rollback to that point in time.
    But that does leave the question of whether they continue to try and find the bug with the satchels or also undo the patches and worst case push off the anniversary start date (if any of the update components were addressing that content).

Either way, only time will tell and nothing but patience will do us any good right now. Even in the worst of the extended downtime over the years they have always been good about bringing the worlds back up in a consistent state. And I am at a loss to recall when we have even had a loss of in game progress so it may be they can once again fix this without a rollback.
    a few years ago in the moors there was constant roll-back ingame. Pvpers lost lots of progress and titles
    Second Marshal Jevyan of Eldar
    : Mini LM RK Capt Champ Hunt Burg Guard Beorn R7: WL Def. Player from the beginning in 2007
    I can heal lots but I can't heal stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    What? You mean ... do it The Right Way? (gasp)! That would set a dangerous precedent!!!
    "Life is a pretty boring game, but at least it has good graphics"

Lore Breakers gonna break things. It's what they do.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast