We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Time for River Hobbit's introduction?

After the recent release of Yondershire and the conclusion of the Dwarves' storyline in Gundabad, will the River Hobbit be introduced in the game as a new playable race soon?
    Wose, Huorn, and Earth Kin are playable races; when will that day come true?
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-playable-race

Quote Originally Posted by danquanngaytho View Post
    After the recent release of Yondershire and the conclusion of the Dwarves' storyline in Gundabad, will the River Hobbit be introduced in the game as a new playable race soon?
    I approve of this message.

==Nec Hostium Timete, Nec Amicum Recusate==

Isn't this meme a bit old by now?
    Leader of the Mitey Worriers (Laurelin)
    Purveyors of premier meats and vegan substitutes since 26/12/17

Yes! Along with shire premium hobbit housing!

Echoweaver is offline Meddler in the Affairs of Wizards
    I am dying for river hobbits. I do hope that the release of Yondershire is a hint where they're turning attention.
    Anor veteran on Landroval: Ardith and Wensleydale
    Learning to raid on Landroval https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

Just my thoughts, but I believe the introduction of Yondershire is just our first step in the, possibly, year long journey to the introduction of the River Hobbits. It seems logical that SSG would build on the momentum they've established from adding such a large section of land to the Shire.

I hope that SSG plans to, finally, give us a completed Shire: expand Buckland and finish it up, plus give us the Southfarthing. The Shire is my most favorite place in all the game and it would be nice to see it completed.

Guess we'll have to wait until mid June when Raninia's next Producer's Letter is due to come out. I'll be curious to read what he has to say.
    Don't vote for Sapience...vote for meeeee!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iktomi View Post
    I approve of this message.

I love that outfit!
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Let's hope they introduce the race soon.
    Wose, Huorn, and Earth Kin are playable races; when will that day come true?
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-playable-race

Like the Brawler, apart from a revenue stream what do they bring to the party that we dont already have?

If its simply a race it will be a Hobbit with maybe the option of classes usually blocked.

If its a class then what gap needs filling? Light Armour tanking is about all that is left:-)
    Mithithil Ithryndi

Quote Originally Posted by Mithithil View Post
    Like the Brawler, apart from a revenue stream what do they bring to the party that we dont already have?

If its simply a race it will be a Hobbit with maybe the option of classes usually blocked.

If its a class then what gap needs filling? Light Armour tanking is about all that is left:-)
    Heavy armour, direct damage, drunken spellcasting! With dual-wielding torches! Breathing fire after imbibing spirits! Because reasons! <o_O>

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Trainer of the Rabbits
    Quote Originally Posted by danquanngaytho View Post
    Let's hope they introduce the race soon.
    Hopefully never.
    This game doesn't need any further classes or races.

I've been looking forward to River Hobbits since they were first mentioned, and I've been peeking into this thread the last couple of days.

What do I have to add? No comment!

I have no enthusiasm left for this game.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Hopefully some day, it was just said as idea at the time with thoughts going through the mind, and a new race may be made, if does it will be when there is time and resources for the devs to do so.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post
    Hopefully never.
    This game doesn't need any further classes or races.
    More range of where people can be from would make the most sense. Like with adding Dale to human origins. River Hobbit, Haradrim, Dunlendings, etc. would just be new origins and cosmetic options.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinlul View Post
    River Hobbit, Haradrim, Dunlendings, etc. would just be new origins and cosmetic options.
    While it would work with new cosmetic options on the table, specific to those origin places - in practice they would also need a new intro because... Dunlending and Haradrim in Archet? For some reason? A Dunlending adventurer maybe I can buy without any specific storyline that explains that but HARADRIM, so far West? And new intro = new race probably because I guess they can't just add a new intro based on origins because the engine doesn't allow that or something. Probably.

I don't mind new lore additions to race, tbh, even if it's just fluff for roleplaying, but maybe they should rename 'race' to something different at some point, like, idk - type? faction? appearance? heritage? Simply "avatar" could work too, I believe, and a good classy choice. There are lots of words that can be used other than a 'race' to make it feel more organic now that we have the extra race subtypes since even the Beornings aren't a separate race really, just humans gifted with shape-shifting

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Trainer of the Rabbits
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinlul View Post
    More range of where people can be from would make the most sense. Like with adding Dale to human origins. River Hobbit, Haradrim, Dunlendings, etc. would just be new origins and cosmetic options.
    Racial traits are up to 95% useless.
    Beorning had to wait 4 years to be a viable class for groups, and another 3 years to be more than a healer class. Now, the Beorning is maybe the most balanced class in terms of skill tree usage.
    Brawler has still so may issues, started with class appropriate armor across all level range up to skills.
    Stout-axe, High-Elf ... and then class balance.

This game do not need any new classes or races until the developers are unable to fix existing severe issues with class balance and races.

Most of what the new races provide are aesthetics. I love them for fresh audio, animations, and appearance options. Also new intros are great.

Since the hobbit is my preferred character race, an extra flavor would be huge. Please with options for some classes blocked in base game hobbits!

I also think Haradrim would be a fantastic premium human race. They'd provide some really distinct options. We've already introduced races from far away -- think Stout Axes and Beornings. They get a custom intro and then are dumped into the Prologue with appropriate justification.

But River Hobbits first!

(ETA: I hadn't really thought about Beornings being an additional race of Men, but of course they are. That means that with River Hobbits, each base game race would have an additional sub-race. I still hope eventually they'll add more sub-races.)
    Last edited by Echoweaver; Jun 06 2022 at 11:43 AM.
    Learning to raid on Landroval https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

Lightbulb Brainstorming the River Hobbitses culture

The River Hobbitses are similar in size & proportion to regular hobbitses but more lean cause spend more time on swimming exercises & less fattier diet. Hands & Feet are a bit wider, a direct adaptation to spending most their life in water related activities.

Their burrows that don't look too different to their more inland cousins are on the riverside. The river hobbitses burrows are actually bigger because they must include both underground & overground rooms; the 2nd are inhabited during the rainy season when the camps get flooded for farming. The gardens are at a open ceiling 3rd floor. Their personal yards always include a dock facility complete with boat transportation & an extra building to storage & smoke fishes. They raise domesticated water cattles for the milk that they use to make & meat, that last only eaten on special occasions & once a year during the reap season celebrations.

They are prodigious boat builders that they do with the weaved watergrass stalks, they plant on flooded fields. They also make light weigh furniture with painted weaved watergrass stalks what can result in beautiful patterns that can gives an extra shine to their house. Also this furniture can easilly move from 1 room to other at their house. They even craft fish traps out of the weaved watergrass stalks.

They use the grains have of such watergrass to prepare many salty meals like pan fried on nuts oils can be salty or sweetened with honey & wild fruits, bakery & hard drinks. The more traditional cooked salty water grass grains is ussually eaten with fresh river fish & with a side of boiled wild taters, all topped with fried onions. On special occasions a rich variety of meals are present. Their parties are celebrated over a big communal ''floating house'' that gets illuminated at night. During peaceful nights all the neighbores go to refresh & drink watergrass grains rum that is spiced with wild fruits, after the hard farming days. They love to play nice melodies that can be happy or soothing & dance.

On the arts, the river hobbitses have perfected their abilities to craft fine pottery that they enjoy painting on happy bright colours & patterns. That pottery have practical uses for cooking, saving their preserved fruits, dried grains, hard drinks & also to server their meals. Special pottery tiles also ornament their house walls, dinning tables & occasional gardens. Some oversized pottery vases even show images of all the favorite river hobbitses activities, that already got mentioned above.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Jun 06 2022 at 12:40 PM.

seeing as the stout axes have their own version of the /dance_dwarf and /dance_dwarf 2 from the festival, if we ever get river hobbits it is only fair that they should have their own version of festival /dance_hobbit and /dance_hobbit 2

Quote Originally Posted by miriadel View Post
    seeing as the stout axes have their own version of the /dance_dwarf and /dance_dwarf 2 from the festival, if we ever get river hobbits it is only fair that they should have their own version of festival /dance_hobbit and /dance_hobbit 2
    I hope so! +1

Quote Originally Posted by miriadel View Post
    How about this one: