We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How to fix forum width

The forum CSS is an absolute mess, presumably dynamically served (I'm not a web developer). There's a min-width parameter that forces the ridiculous width.

This isn't a perfect fix but overriding it with:

body {min-width: 450px;}

... at least fits the text on the screen. There are several extensions that will allow custom CSS for each desktop browser. Firefox on phones may support this.

If anyone wants to add some suggestions for keeping the lines to about 10 words & centering the column/DIV that the posts reside in, please do.

Have you tried the Mobile style available from the dropdown furthest down right on the forum pages?
    I have used it successfully on my phone, but rather seldom since I mostly browse the forums via a pc...
    That style allows for a rescaling reducing the width a lot more than the regular style.
    Marancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf
    The Lord of the Rings Online: Community Discord | My in game image hosting: LotroShots

So, the forum width seems to fit just fine, if you're not zoomed in much, but I'm extremely myopic, and when zoomed out far enough to fit, it's far too tiny for me to read without leaning all the way across my desk and squinting like hell. My solution is any one of several firefox addons that force sites to display fonts of my choice. (Font Changer, Stylebot, My Font Choice, etc...) Seems to work like a charm .

Quote Originally Posted by Senjata View Post
    So, the forum width seems to fit just fine, if you're not zoomed in much, but I'm extremely myopic, and when zoomed out far enough to fit, it's far too tiny for me to read
    With this user-JS, you can just zoom in -- using Opera (desktop) at least.

Your other info sounds good.