We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What class has the best self heal?

I do not know what defines the "best self heal", its always a headache and unwise for me to make slight contrast.

yellow beorning
    blue cappy
    minstrel
    RK

they all can do such things. For me, i prefer those first 2 in surviability in their earlier days.
    Between Heaven and Earth goes the path of the Moon
    Imbi Menel Cemenyë menë Ráno tië

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzorr View Post
    Not sure what you are asking. A person can always heal better if they have the proper equipment and talents. I could heal myself for thousands of health, but don't expect me to be doing any damage with that build.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    Not sure what you are asking. A person can always heal better if they have the proper equipment and talents. I could heal myself for thousands of health, but don't expect me to be doing any damage with that build.
    I started a yellow RK on Shadowfax. Enjoying the difficultly on death +0 but needing to heal myself.
    I'm the mood to play ranged right now. Would a minstrel be better?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Dezzorr; May 16 2022 at 10:39 PM.

I started a yellow RK on Shadowfax. Enjoying the difficultly on death +0 but needing to heal myself.
    Thanks
    Oh ok. That's what you mean. I don't quite feel like I'm qualified to answer that question. Minstrel gets hit pretty hard with their light armor. I noticed that even with their healing capability, you can find yourself in a mess of trouble if you aren't always moving around and aware of your situation. They can be extremely difficult to get going in the early levels, moreso than the rune-keeper. Captain focuses more on reducing incoming damage than healing (and wouldn't be a good fit if you want to try going range). Beorning is great as long as you can juggle between the forms alright.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    Oh ok. That's what you mean. I don't quite feel like I'm qualified to answer that question. Minstrel gets hit pretty hard with their light armor. I noticed that even with their healing capability, you can find yourself in a mess of trouble if you aren't always moving around and aware of your situation. They can be extremely difficult to get going in the early levels, moreso than the rune-keeper. Captain focuses more on reducing incoming damage than healing (and wouldn't be a good fit if you want to try going range). Beorning is great as long as you can juggle between the forms alright.
    Ok, Thanks that's helpful info. It's my first character on a legendary server so I don't have any crafting alts yet.

Every classes healing or DPS is dependent. to a large degree, on their Stats, which means dependent on gear. I started a new RK and was surprised about how many hits it took in Ered Luin to kill things compared to my Hunters. Then I realized how much better I had I geared my Hunters compared to my new RK. (Weapons, Jewellry, Armor)

So whatever you choose, remember Gear, Gear, Gear is what drives your Heals / DPS.

Make your first toon an Explorer and you can likely trade crafting mats for the gear you need.
    Last edited by Hastran; May 17 2022 at 05:04 AM.

From dps ? Tanks ?
    Warden
    Guard
    Captain- Brawler-Champ

rest are kina meh

Thanks
    For a red or yellow Rune Keeper I also put the first 2 trait points into the Mending Verse in the Blue line.

At level eighteen you will have 3 heals Prelude to Hope, Mending Verse and Epic for the Ages.

In combat attack until about half health. Then use Shocking Word to go back to Neutral Attunement, bubble up with Word of Exaltation and the use the 3 heal skills to get back max health. The either go back to neutral attunement or just start doing damage again to switch the attunement.

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Trainer of the Rabbits
    Thanks
    Depending on the skill tree.
    blue guardian
    yellow captain
    blue warden
    brawler
    beorning
    champion

RK, minstrel, LM, hunter, burglar: all have self heals

If you like ranged; play a hunter. usually you wouldn't need your self heal (because of bloood arrow) and the damage the hunter is doing.

Thanks to all for the help. Did start a hunter as well and will keep playing a RK.

best healer?

every freep class is a healer go ahead and choose they all heal they all run super fast

If you are asking "What clases can self heal?", all can, just depends what traits, traceries & essences you occupy.

If you are asking "What classes are main group healers on raids?" there is only 2: Ministrel & Rune Keeper.

Of course the results can vary widely depending the player experience.

Having played most of the classes solo, the one I have found best (without devoting your life to it, looking at you Warden):

Beorning. Hands down the best class with great self healing and very good DPS.

Go down the Yellow Tree initially, skipping any Fellowship restricted skills. Down near the end, you will need to take a 1 point skill in order to complete a skill point deed, but can respec out of it after the deed is complete.

Once all your solo healing skills are selected in the Yellow Tree, start down the Red Tree, prioritizing raw DPS boost skills. At some point you may wish to take some Blue Tree skills, but I would save those for dead last.

Unless gearing for a specifically tough solo fight and need mitigation, I would recommend focusing on gear that has Might, Vitality, Critical and Physical Mastery.

With this setup, you will have a pretty much overpowered solo character, capable of taking down groups of same-level signature targets and pretty much any rare you stumble across. Even some full group targets with blue color will fall without any issue at all. The only targets that will give any real trouble are Red con targets. Not because you lack the DPS, you just won't be able to hit them due to the level difference.

I realize the OP has probably made his/her choice and moved on, but I post this here for future web searchers looking for a vary capable solo class that is easy to use.

Good Hunting