We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is it me or a number of people playing on this server is small ?

So I hear a lot of info that people are joining lotro nowadays.
    I am around LVL 60 now, i have totally different experiences.
    First of all, when Mordor realized they were tons more items posted on the auction house, I mean 2 or 3 times more. I am talking mostly about leveling gear.
    Secondly, if a lot of people are joining they should be no problem finding group, up to level 95 at least but when I check the group finder they are barely any groups, and if they are they have like 1 or 2 players queued for an instance. Am I missing something or what ?
    Thanks for the answer,
    Have a nice day,
    Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Sewedi View Post
    First of all, when Mordor realized they were tons more items posted on the auction house, I mean 2 or 3 times more. I am talking mostly about leveling gear.
    Secondly, if a lot of people are joining they should be no problem finding group, up to level 95 at least but when I check the group finder they are barely any groups, and if they are they have like 1 or 2 players queued for an instance. Am I missing something or what ?
    Thanks for the answer,
    Have a nice day,
    Cheers,
    From what I hear people barely use the instance finder, they just ask for people in the LFF or World channel...
    Lifetimer

Quote Originally Posted by Sewedi View Post
    Thanks for the answer,
    Have a nice day,
    Cheers,
    Nobody uses that tool. And iirc it is called instance finder, not group finder, which means it helps you find an instance when you already have a group, or are searching for one in the LFF channel. This tool is critical so that you don't have to be next to the instance entrance and summon everyone else to enter it. It is not for finding people to run the instance.

Now, as far as new players are concerned I am afraid that your best bet is to wait and play on a Legendary server when they next appear. Otherwise it is mostly a solo experience until you reach the level cap. Having friends to play with helps of course.
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

Laurelin is still considered an EU server even though the actual servers are in the US now. So if you're state-side player that is likely the cause of why you think there's not that many players on. It has nothing to do with needing to be on a legendary server or getting to level cap. I mean, sure there's more people post-level-100, but it's not likely they magicaly teleport to some hidden instanced part of Bree or something.