We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Please propose a pirate-y or oriental sounding music

I have set up this thieves' den that is mentioned below in my signature (the one on Belegaer), and filled it with lots of 'valuable items' and traps - like every nasty barrel I could get my grubby hands on. Yet there is one thing I cannot find - a proper musical background. I tried menacing Mordor, but that is way too orchestral with masses of timpany and the like.

Does anyone have an idea what I could use?

I don't expect that there is something like this in Lotro...

but is there something that is remotely similar?

Greetings, Polymachos
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Elderslade under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has

Ah... well, sounds like you need the Corsairs' music theme from Belfalas, unfortunately they've never turned those into house music sets

and they're pretty neat!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by TesalionLortus View Post
    Ah... well, sounds like you need the Corsairs' music theme from Belfalas, unfortunately they've never turned those into house music sets

and they're pretty neat!
    Probably it never got added as housing music, because every time that people mention that 1, is about how much they dislike it! But i agree that will be perfect for a pirate themed house.

Perhaps you've already browsed all of the available house music here: https://en.dcodumilieu.fr/ambient-music/

But I thought I'd post just in case - and I hope you find something suitable!

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Probably it never got added as housing music, because every time that people mention that 1, is about how much they dislike it!
    That's stupid though. Their music themes really set the mood for the corsair invasion of Gondor. Perhaps SSG can add them one day... I would like that

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by TesalionLortus View Post
    That's stupid though. Their music themes really set the mood for the corsair invasion of Gondor. Perhaps SSG can add them one day... I would like that
    LOL that is easy to say whe you hear it only for 6 minutes are less! Make it 12 hours none stop of questing, then come back. :P

LOL that is easy to say whe you hear it only for 6 minutes are less! Make it 12 hours none stop of questing, then come back. :P

Big Grin... Yes, I remember that I liked that theme quite a bit but then eventually it wears you down and you begin to wish for anything else.

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

(sigh)

If the theme had been less repetitve, the strings been replaced by a male choir or a woodwind, the timpani by a simpler kind of percussion instrument like a tambourine, it would have been good...

Greetings, Polymachos
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Elderslade under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has

OK, sure, OK, to each their own... but I don't get the annoyance above. I did, in fact, quest in Western Gondor extensively over long periods of time and returned many times. The overall atmosphere with the battle music is really captivating, would give it 9 out of 10.

In fact, I found Corsair pieces some of the best examples of more unique, powerful, story-oriented (so not just lore-oriented) battle tracks in the game. Not everything needs choir, lots of variation or extremely subtle arrangement, and not everything needs to feel like it's generic enough so it's one-size-fits-all for the entire huge area. Also, tracks managed to be waaay different and not your typical pirate-y stereotype which I think choir and change of instruments would turn it into. Each of the tracks being a quite heavy, even loopy tune, with energetic/hypnotic tempo (although done with the use of instruments you wouldn't usually describe as 'hypnotic'), set the atmosphere just right. There was a chaotic sense of plunder in it but also culturally distinct identity coupled with imperial desires instigated by the 'heir of Castamir.' Was pretty neat and didn't bother me in the slightest while questing

About the 'repetition' even lots of Chance Thomas' ones are very short, loopy ones (yet I never really seen anyone point it out, though don't take this wrong- love the guy!) and without Darth Celtic's contributions Mordor would feel all the same being a huge area with lots of different Mordor factions that it was, whereas that wasn't really the issue with the Corsairs who were all a consistent group. Besides, there are more annoying pieces in the game sometimes OR, alternatively - decreased appearance of better ones over long periods of time due to large amounts of less appealing 'fillery' 'drum drum' tracks. Usually I don't mind it and for the sake of variation some of the tracks will end up being kind of 'less' for quantity's sake - but Corsair set was an example of pretty powerful tunes which were all different but with similar style/theme contributing to the storyline told and I very much appreciated it. It made the Corsair invasion feel very energetic, as it should. That being said, I wouldn't mind a more orchestral/perhaps slightly less energetic choir redo in Umbar someday, perhaps under different storyline circumstances and maybe as a mashup with Harad-styled themes too

One other more unique example that can maybe help to illustrate what I mean about the type of take that Corsair music represents would be... Halls of Black Lore themes, and gosh could say a lot more about these. It was a similar kind of welcome uniqueness that you wouldn't expect based on the game's musical track record and kind of similar heavy, energetic, powerful tempo only bathed in intellectually-clothed artful madness (... part of the Circle of Madness, actually )

Sorry... guess can really geek over the game's music huh. Well, truth be told, there was one annoying thing about corsair music though - they're not there immediately once you enter Gondor, so I didn't really have any perception of their looks and storyline, and my brain was like 'oh ok, that's unique music, but kinda off, why? maybe it does fit the Dead, at least some of it, but kind of a miss huh?' but then I saw that barricade and the Corsairs... 'ohhh, NOW I get it!' and more interactions/fights with them only made it better not worse