We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Small Reputation Accelerator Tomes have been removed from the Skirmish camp curiosities vendors.

You never learn?

You tried this once before and there was an uproar, and that resulted in them being made bound to account, now you are yet again trying to get rid of them. Why? This is one of the only reliable sources in the game to acquire these items, without pushing someone to go to the store. STOP with the monetisation. There is absolutely no need for these items to be removed.

LISTEN to your playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    You never learn?

You tried this once before and there was an uproar, and that resulted in them being made bound to account, now you are yet again trying to get rid of them. Why? This is one of the only reliable sources in the game to acquire these items, without pushing someone to go to the store. STOP with the monetisation. There is absolutely no need for these items to be removed.

Compleatly agree.
    This change wont last long

I am still pissed off about keys taken out of game and that has been years now and another item that is going to piss me off further on the game.... why do you do this it has work well over the 15 years why are you screwing us up.

Kind of have to remove players from the game so the servers start behaving and the $ amount per active goes up. Simples.

Metrics, got'a love them!

The share price reflects how bad that idea is working out. Choose quality or quantity, not refuse both options.

/signed !

What's the general level of Marks/Meds in a Raider's wallet? My modest contribution of funds was 276k
    So only 1104 clicks, at about one click a second due to slow downs. Though it felt like more than 20 mins. 11 stacks to distribute/store, easy peesey.

Is 10m marks in the ball park?

Ok 10m: 40,000 clicks and 400 stacks of tomes. Not too practical with 11hours of clicking one tome at a time.

Maybe 2m Marks: 8,000 clicks and 80 stacks of tomes. And 2h 14 minutes of clicking.

I don't have the metric tools to see how shafted the raiders are going to feel after this ofc.

Seriously again do think we do not remember the last time you did this to us, instead of ripping the tiny bit that is left in the skirm camp how a bout you put some work into making it enjoyable to get things from it. yet another thing abandon, left to rot, and then pick it to pieces until its either broken or completely unusable. my favorite part is they give less then 24 hours for people to prepare gotta make sure you minimize the amount of people that go and will buy out the rep tomes, while maximizing the possibility that people will run to the store.

It shows that the last time they did this it was said in the name of gold spammers, when really it was and is always about nickel and diming people
    Please SSG come up with better, more creative, and less slimy ways of generating income

You never learn?

We’ve made it clear before that this change is not wanted by players - and placing these in missions won’t cut it as an alternative. Rep is a huge grind, particularly for alts - please revert this and stop trying to force people to buy these in the store.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

The more I think about this change, the more ridiculous I find it. I know there are other sources (missions, store), but neither of these are likely to give rep accelerators in sufficient bulk (or at decent value, in relation to the store) to make it worth getting them. So then we’re essentially left with no access to rep accelerators, which is a very bad idea. Three main reasons why:

1) What else do you suggest we use marks and medallions for? I can’t remember the last time I visited the skirmish camp for anything other than rep accelerators or class items at level 45.

2) I can see why main characters should be expected to slowly complete dailies without rep accelerators - there’s always going to an end game grind. But look back at the game - there are loads of these which have not been updated since they were endgame (Wildermore, Entwood, Limlight Gorge, Minas Tirith, Wastes factions to name just a few). All of these are super grindy WITH rep accelerators - you’d be looking at insane levels of grind WITHOUT them. Which alts are going to stick around to do this, when there’s more story to play? You’re then effectively making that content worthless.

3) There are also some areas where quest/story content is locked behind rep. I’m thinking about the Gondor factions (Ringlo Vale, Dor en Ernil and Lebennin in particular). Removing the rep accelerators means that players have to grind dailies here (and in some other areas) for a long time, rather than just getting the majority of the necessary rep from questing with accelerators, then having to do the dailies once or twice to max it out. Hiding story behind a paywall is not a good look, and means that players are not going to get to experience everything in that zone.

Revert this, please.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

You never learn?

This is a really shady move.

One, yes one, small rep tome per week from the missions weekly wrapper is being used in the patch notes like some sort of saving grace for this really awful move.

@ SSG, it isn't working.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by DoRonRon View Post
    What's the general level of Marks/Meds in a Raider's wallet? My modest contribution of funds was 276k
    So only 1104 clicks, at about one click a second due to slow downs. Though it felt like more than 20 mins. 11 stacks to distribute/store, easy peesey.

Is 10m marks in the ball park?

Ok 10m: 40,000 clicks and 400 stacks of tomes. Not too practical with 11hours of clicking one tome at a time.

Maybe 2m Marks: 8,000 clicks and 80 stacks of tomes. And 2h 14 minutes of clicking.

I don't have the metric tools to see how shafted the raiders are going to feel after this ofc.
    Chatting at South Bree, Most have >500K and many far more, Biggest seen well north of 1.5M.

Scrolls stack to 100 and there is a stored rep bonus cap of 80500. I learned both those facts today :-)
    Mithithil Ithryndi

They've long since made having a large bonus in play a waste by all the side rep grinds.

80,500 does seem like an odd hard cap, set for another time in the game? When kindred was a seat at the table.

Shame! This change is awful.

I bartered for 500 rep tokens last night after release notes have been published. It was late at night in EU so not many players got the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    This is a really shady move.

One, yes one, small rep tome per week from the missions weekly wrapper is being used in the patch notes like some sort of saving grace for this really awful move.

@ SSG, it isn't working.
    Three a day is my rate just for task boards. The Two a week I believe it is are boxes I won't be choosing anyway. Can't hold back on the 45 missions any more. The 26 we might accrue between content patches must indicate Cords grasp of mathematics. Or perhaps an indictment of US education. Or a cultural thing, the world laughs and they bash back.

It's not so much the LP you get at each rep rank, more about having us giving up on rep altogether and the LP that comes via getting off the epic only trail they push and having an effective character by end-game rather than one to plunder.

The ideal is for all to give up on micro management and acquiesce. As many have already.

Is there a reason?

Please explain the thought process SSG went through for this decision...

I cannot think of a single reason to do this other than to make the game less enjoyable and more grindy. This sounds counter intuitive to what a game would want?

Please advise?

Good day SSG and community!
    I must say that this change is complete bulls***, even to others this change is not justified; Small Reputation Accelerator Tomes have been removed from the Skirmish camp curiosities vendors. They can still be obtained from weekly missions in the "Missions: Bonus Character Boosts" package.
    I think this change needs to be reversed, because currently almost everyone is trading their remaining Marks and Medallions for these ''Small Reputation Accelerator Tomes'', which is not fun.
    Especially since it looks like you (SSG) want to force people to do missions.
    All those in favor that this change must be reversed, please sign below.

/sign
    Last edited by Nanganark; May 25 2022 at 06:14 AM.

You never learn?

I hope they do, this time so many people are really angry. Most of them don't even write in Lotro forums, because they fear not to be listened, or to be banned if they complain, but everywhere i see people planning to quit the game.

It's unfair, they let people stack MILLIONS of marks (they still drop from endgame contents...) they can't use, since they never updated skirmish / rewards. Now, they remove the only small thing you can get with marks.
    If they hope to get more money, they are wrong, many people won't buy reputation tomes because they are very disappointed.

There are many better way to make people spend money. The first rule is to give them what they want/like. For example, why dont' they sell more vault space, or specific space for cosmetic and furniture, knowing that many people are playing for many years and stack nice objects, so they probably wanna buy more space to keep them?
    And what about selling more Cosmetic outfit slots? 8 were more than enough when people were at lower levels, now you get hundred of cosmetics you can't equip, unless you cancel the current outfits and replace one by one. Why?
    Not to talk about bound account items. You can't give friends a gift anymore, not even a single item. That's absurd. They should Find a way to make it possible, maybe paying some fee, so its not convenient to make it for trading.

In any business, if you want more money from costumers, you add new contents. Removing the only small nice things they can get with the rewards you give in game is not a good plan: Lotro has not thousand of new players, the huge money comes from VIP subscriptions and "old" players who want to keep the game alive, so they should care about them, instead of showing a greedy attitude.

I feel like they are pushing more and more people to go away, and that's sad. So, let's hope they listen and change their mind.

Just cancel your subscription. Maybe that will make them think about this stupid change.

SSG what are you doing? This is so wrong and not like the game. You should bring back the chest and key drops not taking something helpful and useful away. Please don't do this. You should be working on fixing the lag rather than giving us new content and taking things away. I will be one to not run to the store for them. I go for house writs mostly. Honestly. I didn't like when the game went free to play and the quest lines were chopped up and made into skirmishes. It ruined a great many areas. Yet you closed your eyes. Then the revamping of the lower areas and Moria.

I would like to see the barrows put back into one Dungeon. The game fixed NO MORE Lag. Really This needs to be thought about. For once I have to stand with the player Base this is so wrong and very sad.

Or maybe more tabs in our storage. Or our house storages not being shared? More slots for our storage? Or being able to id items in our Wallat? More horse hooks at the houses?
    Last edited by lockecd; May 25 2022 at 06:58 AM.
    Landroval Yewlin level 140 hunter (7/11/2022), Gwenyan 115, Yewdalin 103. And Many Others
    Thoughts of Blessings for Each of You. Ask God to help you.
    Signup Date 3/31/2009

It was bring your dopey cousin to work/swap week at my place of work, no one else?

Thumbs down Simply stupid

Instead of reworking the store, which has really stupid pricing (Valar Packages for different lvl cost the same...Deed packs are more expansive the valar containing them and 1000 other braindead things, which cost you money) you remove the single item thats worth to use marks for. So you killed mark farming via skirmishing). Just to make LotR a bit more p2w. No need for gold, marks, crafting, ingame trade ... Is it really only about raiding? I used green ash to buy armorchest at lvl 119 (blue armor) just to notice that the armor is way worse then the questarmor at lvl 120. The rewardsystem is totaly stupid. Lag is becomming more and more of an issue instead of fixing it. So 1000 things to to instead of removing reputationdoubling at the skirmish camp just to make two bucks more. You simply have no idea about this business sorry to say. *shakehead*

Would be nice if they'd at least lower the rep requirements on some factions alongside this change. Too many multi-month long rep grinds got added between 100-130, they sucked to do with the tomes, imagine how bad they are without.
    ~ Take the player, not the class ~

Removing Rep tome from the skirm camp is such a bad idea, it's forced me to make my first forum post ever in 11 years of playing.

/signed.
    Elantine of Crickhollow

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    Would be nice if they'd at least lower the rep requirements on some factions alongside this change. Too many multi-month long rep grinds got added between 100-130, they sucked to do with the tomes, imagine how bad they are without.
    This would be the best solution. I cannot see myself grinding Felegoth rep again - especially without rep tomes.

this change is simply unfair to newcomers.
    there are lots of factions you can just cap by questing... like bree, hobbits, evendim, lone lands...
    and then there are those, where quests dont even get you half way... like southern gondor, minas tirith, enedwaith...
    An older player like me has thousands of rep accelerators stored since before SSG raised the prices (first attempt). Now they became bound (second attempt) and finally cant even be bought anymore (third attempt)...
    When I can keep my stacks of these items and others cant buy them, just because they are late, thats just unfair.
    Either disable them completely and rework all factions where questing wont get you at max rep and stop creating factions where you "need" them or let everyone have the same opportunities, regardless of the time they start.
    Stop making grind harder for those who come late!
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast