We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Well this makes no difference to me because my virtue is still intact from when they raised the prices and I decided not to purchase them anymore and hoped that enough would follow suit and they would realise the injustice back then.

The problem is that you all carried on buying them at the inflated price. And I guess the exact same thing will happen now and the store purchases will raise by a stupid % rate.

Then SSG will feel completely justified they have done the correct thing. Same as last time.

You complain and moan but fail to practice what you preach.
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

?

Quote Originally Posted by LabadalofDorlomin View Post
    Well this makes no difference to me because my virtue is still intact from when they raised the prices and I decided not to purchase them anymore and hoped that enough would follow suit and they would realise the injustice back then.

The problem is that you all carried on buying them at the inflated price. And I guess the exact same thing will happen now and the store purchases will raise by a stupid % rate.

Then SSG will feel completely justified they have done the correct thing. Same as last time.

But there wasn't anything else to spend our mark/meds on bar the essence removals and if you had those covered just trash. It's why MT dailies used to be so good; boiled down to a single item worth spending that currency on, SoEs. Ideally you have a currency with one obvious purchase else it's a choice you might get wrong because of some future patch/change.

Ofc it's the LI revamp that got many into instances and earning a bucket load of mark/meds, until the drops were removed.

It was actually scrolls of empowerment that got drastically changed price wise in the skirm camp. They don't exist any longer anyway. Reputation tomes were ever cheap, 250 marks + 25 medallions.

I bought enough to fill a whole vault before the prices went up, and I've never needed to buy any since. That said, I did stock up yesterday before the patch. The ones I still have in that spare vault are unbound. Yesterday on EN, all we saw on WC was WTS 50 small reputation tomes 50K gold. I have about 5 thousand unbound tomes left, guess I'll have more gold than Ill know what to do with if I want to go that route.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirhaen View Post
    It was actually scrolls of empowerment that got drastically changed price wise in the skirm camp. They don't exist any longer anyway. Reputation tomes were ever cheap, 250 marks + 25 medallions.
    They were a lot cheaper than that, something like 50 marks and 5 medallions iirc. They did put the price up, quite significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    They were a lot cheaper than that, something like 50 marks and 5 medallions iirc. They did put the price up, quite significantly.
    I don't recall old price but I trust your word on it

There is so little need for reputation these days that one has to wonder if anyone at SSG actually plays the game and in most areas you end up with max reputation just by quests and deeds. Reputation is something you complete to kill time between updates.

The tomes simplify the process in places like Gondor but there is really no end reward to justify buying tomes in the store or even completing the reputation. Since most reputation tokens are not bound it will be a money maker in the auction house for people. Most reputation tokens are easy to farm and can be shared with others. I have enough of the Gondor tokens saved that if I level another alt it will get maximum reputation without ever entering the area if I see the need.

If the decision makers played the game, they would understand what people will pay real money to purchase. It won't be reputation tomes. It won't be running missions for one scroll per week.

Time to show SSG their mistake. Flood the auction house with reputation tokens and make some in game gold.

The manner in which this change occurred really feels vindictive. They are in charge. They can take away whatever they wish. It will be fun to see what they remove from game next time. I suspect the embers and motes changes are coming soon.

SSG has a new system to make the changes. Post the release notes and go on vacation. Changes will happen, people will quit the game and SSG will meet whatever internal goals they have in mind.

I think we should nominate SSG for a customer service award.

Smile Here's a reference to the price

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post

It should look familiar. 60 and 6 ...

https://forums.lotro.com/forums/show...erator+tome%2A

Arnenna,

You deserve a medal or a statue or title or some sort of recognition for being such a great resource and help to the game and the forums. You have great ideas and tell it like it is and are not shy. You are insightful and intellectually honest and quite bright. Your efforts here and in game are selfless and represent a significant investment of time, consideration and brainpower in discussing ways to improve the game and speak the truth. You are the Boudicca or Jean D'Arc of the players interests in the forums, imo. Long live Arneena..

This recognition is a reflection on your contribution throughout the years and no one post. Huzzah!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neinda View Post
    There is so little need for reputation these days that one has to wonder if anyone at SSG actually plays the game and in most areas you end up with max reputation just by quests and deeds. Reputation is something you complete to kill time between updates.

The tomes simplify the process in places like Gondor but there is really no end reward to justify buying tomes in the store or even completing the reputation. Since most reputation tokens are not bound it will be a money maker in the auction house for people. Most reputation tokens are easy to farm and can be shared with others. I have enough of the Gondor tokens saved that if I level another alt it will get maximum reputation without ever entering the area if I see the need.

If the decision makers played the game, they would understand what people will pay real money to purchase. It won't be reputation tomes. It won't be running missions for one scroll per week.

Time to show SSG their mistake. Flood the auction house with reputation tokens and make some in game gold.

The manner in which this change occurred really feels vindictive. They are in charge. They can take away whatever they wish. It will be fun to see what they remove from game next time. I suspect the embers and motes changes are coming soon.

SSG has a new system to make the changes. Post the release notes and go on vacation. Changes will happen, people will quit the game and SSG will meet whatever internal goals they have in mind.

I think we should nominate SSG for a customer service award.
    Sorry, that ticket would take three months to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by fergucs View Post
    Arnenna,

You deserve a medal or a statue or title or some sort of recognition for being such a great resource and help to the game and the forums. You have great ideas and tell it like it is and are not shy. You are insightful and intellectually honest and quite bright. Your efforts here and in game are selfless and represent a significant investment of time, consideration and brainpower in discussing ways to improve the game and speak the truth. You are the Boudicca or Jean D'Arc of the players interests in the forums, imo. Long live Arneena..

This recognition is a reflection on your contribution throughout the years and no one post. Huzzah!!
    I have to agree. We don't always see eye to eye but then that would be boring. The important thing is you always seem to bring things into perspective. And yes recognition should be given even though she probably will say different.
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

?

I have to agree. We don't always see eye to eye but then that would be boring. The important thing is you always seem to bring things into perspective. And yes recognition should be given even though she probably will say different.
    I largely concur. Only caveat being the obvious change of signature quote/pic reflecting a roller coaster of trust and VIP status over the years. Ever the tug to return to the fold when so close to freedom. A trust that often blinkers every player to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by fergucs View Post
    It should look familiar. 60 and 6 ...

https://forums.lotro.com/forums/show...erator+tome%2A

Arnenna,

Awww, shucks, you got me blushing. No recognition required though, I just like to think of the wide and varied play styles we have in this game and see them all as equal. Each and every player deserves a game that has something they enjoy in it and rewards for doing it. Raiders, casual questers, RP-ers PvMP-ers, free to play, premium, VIPs and lifers. We are all the same - equal. I've never understood premium and free players being left out of basic things like in game support, the ability to chat freely, send mail and use things like the AH without restrictions. Those are all basic game functions, and should be part of the basic game.

As my old time friend above (Yes, don't let that start date distract you, he's been here a very long time and we have been good friends and bitter enemies both, over the years) pointed out, I'm often pulled between trusting SSG and not trusting them. They do some great things on times, things that benefit new players, or old time free players, even if I do not personally benefit from it myself. But yeah, I'm not shy, or afraid to say it how it is. When the content giveaway hit, I supported it fully, but I also said, we would all end up paying for it at some point. I didn't expect it to be quite this soon, but here we go, this is the start of it.

I support them when they do good things, but quickly retract when they pull shady stuff like this. I see them in my head, sitting there saying "but . . . but . . . we gave you all this free stuff." I wish I could be in the room at the time, and I'd tell them, "you didn't give me free jack anything, I'd already bought it all. You gave it to some, but you expect every player to subsidise it."

The world doesn't work that way. If you're going to give, give out of the goodness in your heart - without clawback. Else, it's not giving.

I'm very close to the end of my LOTRO journey nowadays. I do log in, but I'm 80% afk, and usually autolog. Now and again I'll get a moment and play for an hour or two, but then, stuff like this just hits the memory and I go to watch a film. Occasionally i find someone in world chat in need of a helping hand, and that's when I have the most fun.
    Last edited by Arnenna; May 26 2022 at 02:45 PM.

Hm, disappointing as I just made a TON of alts on Arkenstone. Seems excessively greedy. Makes deciding where to drop some money that's burning a hole in my pocket just slightly easier. Gundabad will just have to wait for a LP store sale.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000093373/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Honestly, this seems like such a stupid idea. I was so happy about what you did with the anniversary, since I'm a new enough player for it to have helped out a lot, and I even bought VIP because I wanted to support you and the future of the game, but then you have to go and do something that given, doesn't affect me yet, but affects lots of other people negatively, and I think that's the last VIP I will get, if you're not actually making the game better like it seemed you were with the anniversary giveaways and the freeing up of the old content.
    Hirenthas/Deminwen on Crickhollow

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    You never learn?

You tried this once before and there was an uproar, and that resulted in them being made bound to account, now you are yet again trying to get rid of them. Why? This is one of the only reliable sources in the game to acquire these items, without pushing someone to go to the store. STOP with the monetisation. There is absolutely no need for these items to be removed.

LISTEN to your playerbase.
    i agree, this is garbage, we need them brought back!

Another horrible decision that the Devs try to quietly slip into the game. So incredibly frustrating.

I've been here from the beginning and never post, but pulling up to a skirmish camp today only to discover the rep tomes were gone was enough to get me to log in to the website. Incredibly disappointed. This was a short-sighted decision and one I hope will be reversed very quickly.

Terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by Arindryn View Post
    Seriously again do think we do not remember the last time you did this to us, instead of ripping the tiny bit that is left in the skirm camp how a bout you put some work into making it enjoyable to get things from it. yet another thing abandon, left to rot, and then pick it to pieces until its either broken or completely unusable. my favorite part is they give less then 24 hours for people to prepare gotta make sure you minimize the amount of people that go and will buy out the rep tomes, while maximizing the possibility that people will run to the store.

It shows that the last time they did this it was said in the name of gold spammers, when really it was and is always about nickel and diming people
    Please SSG come up with better, more creative, and less slimy ways of generating income
    Well said. The game had so many unique

Quote Originally Posted by the7hing View Post
    This change wont last long
    I highly doubt they care.

Didn't they have a job advertised for a big data bod to "inform" staff the better? Without the in game knowledge the metrics have only revealed the flaw in the questions to date. The what we are doing rather than the why and how thoroughly #~##ed off we are in having to do it. "Seems popular"... the refrain. Stacked rewards the worse it is, BBs?

Didn't really have to bother with these tomes until SSG cottoned on and chose to reduce the rep gains playing the area content that until then got you the rep and currency to purchase all you wanted. Decided on us grinding dailies/weeklies as our option if we didn't load up on accelerators from neutral rep onward. So we adapt and suck it up, skirm camp our recourse. "D'Oh" SSG. Too lazy to learn your game and duped into the Epic only play of inept narcissists pretending at competence. Actively falling for every pitfall put up in ignorance and put on show for others to follow, good grief! Every sub-system on ignore...

Just my two cents:

If got a area and play that through with basically every quest in it an you don't have the full reputation, then you've been cheated.

My quess is that they get rid of the loot boxes, try to sell it at a great success for the costumer but at the same time a more subtile system of pendency will be installed.

Both "workarounds" at getting a rep accelerator now is really not an option.

Missions, really? Did they analyze the mission wrapper completions, discovered that everyone picks a shard, and "no way, they're getting too many shards, we gotta force them to choose something else!"
    That doesn't work. It's a game, therefore, entertainment. People don't accept being forced to spend their time in a way they don't like. They have only so much of free time, so - they find other ways to entertain themselves, outside of LOTRO. Or even in it, the game is huge.

Store? Accelerators in there are overpriced insanely. 250 LP for 5k rep, 1000 LP for 25k rep, really? The whole Gundabad costs 3k LP. A 130 valar costs 6695, and that's fair. I don't know who ever buys overpriced stuff - virtue accelerators for the same price are clearly there to promote valars, a simple marketing trick "but you can spend more and get a ton of VXP way way cheaper". And it works.

I was happy for old content made free for newcomers, even considering that the only thing I got from anniversary gifts were several valars I could do without, collecion edition pets I don't really need and a large task carry-all (that's the best ) Not for a single second I felt cheated out of having to buy old zones, with LP or cash, while now they're free. But now all of us, old players and new, got a kick in the gut and left without rep accelerators.

Quote Originally Posted by LadySelene View Post
    Both "workarounds" at getting a rep accelerator now is really not an option.

Missions, really? Did they analyze the mission wrapper completions, discovered that everyone picks a shard, and "no way, they're getting too many shards, we gotta force them to choose something else!"
    That doesn't work. It's a game, therefore, entertainment. People don't accept being forced to spend their time in a way they don't like. They have only so much of free time, so - they find other ways to entertain themselves, outside of LOTRO. Or even in it, the game is huge.

Store? Accelerators in there are overpriced insanely. 250 LP for 5k rep, 1000 LP for 25k rep, really? The whole Gundabad costs 3k LP. A 130 valar costs 6695, and that's fair. I don't know who ever buys overpriced stuff - virtue accelerators for the same price are clearly there to promote valars, a simple marketing trick "but you can spend more and get a ton of VXP way way cheaper". And it works.

I was happy for old content made free for newcomers, even considering that the only thing I got from anniversary gifts were several valars I could do without, collecion edition pets I don't really need and a large task carry-all (that's the best ) Not for a single second I felt cheated out of having to buy old zones, with LP or cash, while now they're free. But now all of us, old players and new, got a kick in the gut and left without rep accelerators.
    Now look at those LP prices and remember that a reasonably fair comparison is that you could imagine the number in UK pennies, US cents or Eurocents.
    Mithithil Ithryndi

Just posting something so they dont think we forgot about the rep boosters, bring them back or completely overhaul the skirmish vendors, they are completely useless in the current state.

I just logged now in forums after knowing about this just to say some words.

Ty SSG for keeping me encouraged for NOT playing this game anymore. And also, RIP new characters, no way I will play Gondor areas and others without reputation accelerators so this is just another reason added to stop creating new characters.

Keep going SSG!
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neushiro, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgalia, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)
    Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh
    "One lag to lag them all and in the lagness lag them"

please, please SSG. revert this back! as a VIP, i am astounded you would do something so foolhardy. please change this for all of our sakes!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast