We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Non response to tickets, VIP or FTP seems to make little difference.

(edit, sorry I meant to include this in another thread not open a new tread)

The third ticket that I sent following the non response of the the first two, astonished really and saddened to ask for VIP refunds.

238615 has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff. (at this point, I somehow doubt it)

I have subscriptions on two accounts, if you are not going to respond to tickets then can you please refund the subscriptions for both. Twelve months ago I debated a decision with Standing Stone, was polite throughout and was so disillusioned that I stepped away from all mmo's for 12 months. This winter I decided to give it another go. I obtained two three month subscriptions and started again. Seven days ago I placed a ticket for a crafting issue that stemmed from playing with a migraine and making an error, after non response and seeing that some tickets took several months, I started crafting from scratch again and updated the ticket to advise you of the ticket cancellation, still no response. I was then in process of selecting my first sword LI for a character and experienced a lag spike during weapon selection and somehow when the spike dissipated found that it had deposited a Beorning carving into my inventory, the character was not a Beorning. I searched for a way to overcome this and as there was no other option placed a second ticket that again has received zero response. I have no understanding of what is going on in your office, however working in administration most of my life, find this is something that I am not prepared to accept. I am paying for a service that I am not receiving and a game that I cannot progress with out said service, a simple task, yet ignored. I am therefore requesting a refund. The game states that I have played for 8 years, more like 11 or 12 although I lost a few years when transferring my account to another server many years ago. It is a hard step for me to take as I did so love this game, but I guess, after the above, it is time to move on. BTW, I also encouraged and helped a neighbour set up an account, she had purchase issues and although the purchase went through the character created kept disappearing, she lost interest very quickly, such a shame.
    Last edited by He11ion; May 25 2022 at 08:04 PM.

For some time now, the customer service has been appalling.
    For a game that has monetisation, takes subscriptions etc, this is unacceptable. I myself have outstanding tickets from months ago.

Can we please have some word from the staff as to what exactly is being done to address this?
    Check out my LOTRO videos on Youtube at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRX...jPUNAiwtrJ_eiw

I've had an open ticket to replace an unreplaceable item (Gundabad Fateful Toolkit) for over a month. I didn't delete it, it poofed one day. Gone. /reclaim doesn't do it and I paid for that item.

A friend has been waiting months for a character undelete.

I don't think there are any fulltime customer service people in this game anymore. It's not that it's bad. It's non-existant.

Edit: I am VIP also.

Oh no, then it looks like there is to be no salvation on middle earth, sorry to read of your experiences and thank you both for taking the time to let me know.

I guess that global lesson remains unlearned. People will put up with much as long as the community feels supported and appreciated.

Maybe they have removed in-game help altogether and will be introducing a paid help system via an in-shop help token purchase Seems that many previously free quest or game currency items have gone/are going that way.

I am not sure weather I love Lotro or the memories of what it was and the many great experiences on middle earth with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by He11ion View Post

I am not sure weather I love Lotro or the memories of what it was and the many great experiences on middle earth with friends.
    I think I'm starting to realise the same thing.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

"Everyone draws the moral line of what's acceptable just slightly below what they're actually doing."

"Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth. Ry'n ni yma o hyd."

Quote Originally Posted by He11ion View Post
    Yep, I only very recently made the realisation that nostalgia is what is keeping me going. I officially wiped all my content and rendered it irredeemable (so undeletes can't bring me back). I don't miss the game as much as I thought I might, especially in light of the shady removal of rep accelerators, but I miss it enough (for now) that i'm still checking out the forums. LOTRO isn't the game I thought it was, and LOTRO will never be the game I want it to be. I'm moving on now to save myself the torment of unending grind and grief (and i'm sure my wallet will thank me too).