We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Storage space shouldn't only be acquired in the cash shop

I'm glad that some of the P2W items have been removed from the cash shop firstoff.

However, there really needs to be a way to unlock (inventory/vault)storage space in-game through quests or achievements and not only through the cash shop. It's bad enough that the storage in the cash shop is over-priced as it is. There are several AAA MMOs that still profit greatly with this method.
    "Netiquette goes a long way and anonymity on the Internet is no reason to carelessly ignore that."

You do realize you can earn lotro points in the game for doing deeds, right? Therefore, those points can be used to buy more space. You get 500 lotro points for being VIP, and a potential of 20,000 lotro points with all the content that is available for one character. It is possible to properly manage your storage between inventory, vault, housing, and mule characters. Let's not forget that those who log into their characters while VIP (even if its just one month) automatically go from 45 slots to 75 slots... forever.

I'm not saying you are wrong. The suggestion of getting some sort of ultimate reward at the end of a questline is tantalizing. But the idea here is to have you do as much as you can in the game. There isn't much else to spend your points on. Storage is one of their major selling points. At one time they offered a "6th bag" with Riders of Rohan expansion that had 15 slots (which was before they converted to inventory slots).

One suggestion that I would be on board with is having some sort of ultimate "tiny" carry-all bag that all people could craft for themselves (only one per character). They can even make it some sort of all carry-all bag with like 8 slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Borrhavan View Post
    However, there really needs to be a way to unlock (inventory/vault)storage space in-game through quests or achievements and not only through the cash shop.
    Well you can't do anything about inventory boxes on your character, but you can expand up to a certain point your shared and bank via in game gold. That's generally one of the first things I max when I get extra coin.

I like your idea and don't see why they couldn't tie extra banking into the Bree rep kind of like what they do in DDO with the Coin Lords rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebless View Post
    Well you can't do anything about inventory boxes on your character, but you can expand up to a certain point your shared and bank via in game gold. That's generally one of the first things I max when I get extra coin.

I like your idea and don't see why they couldn't tie extra banking into the Bree rep kind of like what they do in DDO with the Coin Lords rep.
    Interesting idea... however, if storage is linked with rep, it can only be character-specific storage, so the normal vault.
    Inventory slots are accountwide, it would be weird to add a character-specific thing to something thats currently accountwide.
    I, personally, always unlock 120 vault slots with ingame-gold and have inventory at 135 (max). shared vault is somewhere around 300, dont know the maximum there...
    But if there was a way to raise the normal vault higher than the gold-limit of 120 via reputation... that would be cool.

Inventory is always too small. In most games. I'd welcome any raise, even if things get raised which I've already bought and if I didn't get anything... running around with 45 or 60 slots as a new player without shared storage is really annoying.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    However, there really needs to be a way to unlock (inventory/vault)storage space in-game through quests or achievements and not only through the cash shop.
    It isn't. At least not with the vault. You get 30 slots for free and you can buy up to 120 vault slots for in-game gold, and as such you can create (of course you would need a free character slot) a storage alt for another 120 slots.

Inventory in bags is indeed purchased in the store (at least expansion of it) but it is account wide, so every character on every server gets bigger bags with a purchase. Shared storage is also accessible for every character on every server. Contents of shared storage is limited to the server, but it is the same size everywhere.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    shared vault is somewhere around 300, dont know the maximum there...
    I have 320 and cannot buy any more. I believe there is a small difference between people who have bought certain expansions and/or content of some sorts, but I can't remember what it was. Something had 10 shared slots included that you can't purchase anymore. So if you have 300 or 310 and you can't get any more, that is probably what it is.....
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

However, there really needs to be a way to unlock (inventory/vault)storage space in-game through quests or achievements
    Then do some deeds and treat it that way.
    Storage is one of the things in the store that I am fine with.

You can get 120 personal storage slots with gold...
    Maybe learn how to make alts and storage mules if you're not wanting to earn your LP to 'achieve' more bag and vault space.
    Last edited by Pewpewmidget; Jun 15 2022 at 08:44 PM.